The "XO"-Method......... - page 70

ValeoFX:
How can I teach a seasoned trader to suck eggs, my friend? I agree with what you are saying. Watch your private e-mail for a letter from me. Best wishes.

Cheers dude!

two more trades,

candle 12:00 long cable 1.9028 i was sleeping so did not take it, gave +10

candle 14.45 long cable 1.9022 already +10 and +39 right now,

i took one long cable earlier but turned out to be false, but my signal was not correct took the news, as i said i would not take them so -4

just closed the trade, at +36.

There's been a few requests for the cam indicator. Here's the one I use:

Files:

To trade or not to trade?

PipTrip,

All of the signals on this chart are lined up, but it hasn't made a higher high. Would you be taking this trade? Thanks for your helpful advise!

Files:
gbpusd_5.gif  23 kb

tredd:
PipTrip, All of the signals on this chart are lined up, but it hasn't made a higher high. Would you be taking this trade? Thanks for your helpful advise!

tredd, I've been successful lately making some pips before news releases but today in about 30 minutes there are a gazillion releases PLUS Tricchet (sp?) is speaking so I wouldn't.

tredd, is that 4.5 setting for your 4 XO timeframes? If so, I personally think that's way too fast especially for the 5, 15, and 30 TF's.

I'm not sure where I got those settings, but yes it's set to 4.5 on all TF's. If this wasn't a news day, would you have taken the trade when the signals were there, or would you have waited until it made a higher high? When you are determining your highs and lows, how far back do you look in the charts? If the high was say 1.0000 would you wait for 1.0001 or how do you determine when it has passed the high?

Thanks

Tim

This morning would have been good for trades (if I wasn't out unfortunately!). The afternoon has been choppy-city before the news announcements - between H3 and H4 for 2/3 hours now.

I've added the XO Combined indicator and also MTF Juice set to 15Min, 7 periods and 0.0005 level, this needs to be looked back over time though to see if it's useful or not.

-TPO.

I'm using 6, 6, 6, 5. If it were an hour ago, maybe, but even w/o news it's just near the start of the NY session and things still usually happen. I would look at the highs/lows for the London session when your breakout is that close to them. (see 9:20-25 gmt)

Also, R1/S1 will usually hold the price for at least a few bars if there isn't a significant surge/news.

Oh, 1 other thing. if your XO settings were smoother (back to Valeo's original settings), you wouldn't have had this set-up, yeah?

tredd:
I'm not sure where I got those settings, but yes it's set to 4.5 on all TF's. If this wasn't a news day, would you have taken the trade when the signals were there, or would you have waited until it made a higher high? When you are determining your highs and lows, how far back do you look in the charts? If the high was say 1.0000 would you wait for 1.0001 or how do you determine when it has passed the high?

Thanks

Tim

Pip Trip:
I'm using 6, 6, 6, 5. If it were an hour ago, maybe, but even w/o news it's just near the start of the NY session and things still usually happen. I would look at the highs/lows for the London session when your breakout is that close to them. (see 9:20-25 gmt)

Also, R1/S1 will usually hold the price for at least a few bars if there isn't a significant surge/news.

Oh, 1 other thing. if your XO settings were smoother (back to Valeo's original settings), you wouldn't have had this set-up, yeah?

I must wholeheartedly agree with you, my friend. In markets like these, the settings originally posted and that you have posted here, remains the best.

In the quest for not wanting to enter too late, the KirPers tumbled and probably causing some some hairy moments, for which I am sorry. However, as we get more and more proficient with the method, it is wise to rather make sure of the entries.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Reason: