The "XO"-Method......... - page 58

traderandreas:
Hi Valeo,

This system, inparticular the cci set at 34 and 14 is spot on. Could you please post the latest settings and/or indicators for the XO indicators, and hercs stochastic. The current template i have, I believe presents signals which are to slow for some moves.

thanks for sharing,

traderandreas

I am glad you say .."some moves" - that sometimes keep you out of trouble too.

There are no other indicators at present, sorry. Attached you may find the Stochastic although I posted it further up.

I'm newbie too and already download and will try to use this when the market open, but I confuse with setting. Escpecially 4TF XO2 it's default is 7 did I just use it or have to change it? like 60/5 .......

What time frame best for this indicator? 5m or 15 m?

heriyadi:
I'm newbie too and already download and will try to use this when the market open, but I confuse with setting. Escpecially 4TF XO2 it's default is 7 did I just use it or have to change it? like 60/5 ....... What time frame best for this indicator? 5m or 15 m?

Best is to read the entire explanation as to how to trade this. We trade on the 5M chart, yes.

Ignore the first setting of 7. Set the rest as suggested on 4,5. The default is actually correctly set.

Alright y'all - don't do this at home w/o parental supervision:

This morn I made a big mistakebut got lucky.

Well, I made 2 being that I had to leave the home to take care of a few things well...right now as I'm typing.

Ok now. I put an order in at 14:55 not knowing about the 15:00 tic data

I got lucky b/c I'm currently using an 18 pip SL but my platform hit a SL of only 4 pips after the news release. (Why I don't know but glad it was on my side)

Nevertheless, here's my chart In at 2376, Stopped out at at 2380, rentry at 2373, out at 63 And of course, had to exit had to leave woul've could've, should've left the trade in to TP at S2. (just hit now)

Gott go, later

Files:
chf_8_15.gif  47 kb

Pip Trip

Which indicator is the one with the 3-blue and red dots on the chart you use?

Pip Trip:
Alright y'all - don't do this at home w/o parental supervision:

This morn I made a big mistakebut got lucky.

Well, I made 2 being that I had to leave the home to take care of a few things well...right now as I'm typing.

Ok now. I put an order in at 14:55 not knowing about the 15:00 tic data

I got lucky b/c I'm currently using an 18 pip SL but my platform hit a SL of only 4 pips after the news release. (Why I don't know but glad it was on my side)

Nevertheless, here's my chart In at 2376, Stopped out at at 2380, rentry at 2373, out at 63 And of course, had to exit had to leave woul've could've, should've left the trade in to TP at S2. (just hit now)

Gott go, later

I just want to clarify things.....

You mean you had an SL of 18, but you got stopped loss at 4?

Short at 2376 but stopped out at 2380

Short at 2373 with a TP of 63

How do you determine your TP, do you always use the Pivot Points, when not at your computer? Do you also always wait for the ASC indicator, all the XO Indicators and the Forex Freedom to be all in agreement to enter the trade?

Should I have taken this trade?

From the charts after the fact, I shouldn't have taken this trade. From the signals I was getting at the time it seemed like a good trade to me. All of the Xo's were green, FF was all blue, a Ascentrend dot had just appeared, both CCI's were crossing up through the 0 line, and hercs was also indicating a buy. The trade went a few bars, and then changed to a sell before the news. Was the market uncertain with the pending news? Is the first move when all the signals line up usually better than the following signals? Are there any rules for taking signals if you miss the first one? Can anyone help me out as to why I shouldn't have taken this trade, or see something that I missed.

Thanks

Tim

Files:
usdjpy.gif  23 kb
usdjpy1.gif  20 kb

et_phonehome_2:
I just want to clarify things.....

You mean you had an SL of 18, but you got stopped loss at 4?

Short at 2376 but stopped out at 2380

Short at 2373 with a TP of 63

How do you determine your TP, do you always use the Pivot Points, when not at your computer? Do you also always wait for the ASC indicator, all the XO Indicators and the Forex Freedom to be all in agreement to enter the trade?

Yes, for whatever reason, my platform stopped me out at 4 instead of 18. I don't know why but b/c it was in my favor, I didn't complain.

Yes, I took my pips for a 10 pip profit on the reentry b/c I had to leave and couldn't wait for it to drop to S2. This trade was strarting to look like it was turning around so I took out my TP on the reentry and I was also anxious and late.

These were both mistakes. 1st that I forgot about the Tic news coming, secound I really shouldn't have been trading (or reentering) b/c I had to leave for an important errand anyway.

Usually I'm much more disciplined than this.

I always use pivot points with this system. If you look at a few of the charts i've posted, you'll see how effective they are with this especially if you're looking for 10-20 pip trades which i've been doing lately.

The Asctrend signal is always there usually a few bars back.

user4001:
Pip Trip Which indicator is the one with the 3-blue and red dots on the chart you use?

That is the MTF Braintrend 2 signal I added and not part of the original Valeo system.

Files:

tredd:
From the charts after the fact, I shouldn't have taken this trade. From the signals I was getting at the time it seemed like a good trade to me. All of the Xo's were green, FF was all blue, a Ascentrend dot had just appeared, both CCI's were crossing up through the 0 line, and hercs was also indicating a buy. The trade went a few bars, and then changed to a sell before the news. Was the market uncertain with the pending news? Is the first move when all the signals line up usually better than the following signals? Are there any rules for taking signals if you miss the first one? Can anyone help me out as to why I shouldn't have taken this trade, or see something that I missed.

Thanks

Tim

Would you mind closing the size of candles so that I can see properly whether or not you could have entered or not. Personally, I waited for the announcement. But then I am conservative in my approach. See my next post also, please.

Reason: