The "XO"-Method......... - page 71

today trade

Hi pip,

have u checked how nice the mtf juice you added filters the signals? today short cable 1.9020, +10 and +50 so far since 8:45 am.

bmac, that wasn't me but I'll check it out. What TF are you using for the juice? Nice pips by the way!

bmac:
Hi pip, have u checked how nice the mtf juice you added filters the signals? today short cable 1.9020, +10 and +50 so far since 8:45 am.

ah is the polite one who suggested it, in 15mins period, check today signal in london, a move around 50 pips.

Thanks! Thanks ! Thanks!

Simply put, this is a great system. I've beem trading forex for 3 years, and this is the best system I've used . Thanks Valeofx , and thanks to everyone who help make such a great system! Forever Thankful!

dexmp7:
Simply put, this is a great system. I've beem trading forex for 3 years, and this is the best system I've used . Thanks Valeofx , and thanks to everyone who help make such a great system! Forever Thankful!

Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm with us. LONG pockets and SHORT arms wished for you. Best wishes.

Hi Bmac,

I must admit I'm really glad I managed to make a useful contribution! As you can see from my post count I don't say much, so glad I could help.

The reason I feel this needs another filter is because when I traded this live, the false entries which got invalided when the XO indicator changed on the longer tf (so it wasn't 4 levels to the same side anymore) essentially threw me, and made me realise my backtesting results were inaccurate and so I figured we have to find a way to reduce these - the signals which are good are great, so I guess as with any system it's just a case of reducing false signals without impacting the good signals. My idea of using Juice simply came because 1) other threads/systems had approved of it and 2) as it means there's weight behind the price move then that should improve the chance that the trend will continue long enough to bag us some pips

I also need to try looking at it with the VQ indicator as a possible filter, and also if someone could watch the MTF Juice on 15M on a 5M chart intraday so see if that redraws at all, that would be really useful (else it's not going to serve in the capacity I wanted it to!)

Thanks all for the help,

TPO.

polite,

i`ve been looking live at mtf juice and does not redraw, only that sometimes the first signal bar makes it bigger and then appears little smaller but does not change the signal only entry point, a little earlier than it shows or little later, but just 1 bar

Answer the repainting question once and for all...

bmac:
polite, i`ve been looking live at mtf juice and does not redraw, only that sometimes the first signal bar makes it bigger and then appears little smaller but does not change the signal only entry point, a little earlier than it shows or little later, but just 1 bar

Guys, easiest way to tell if an indicator is repainting is to add an auto screenshot to the ea for each new bar. That way you don't have to actually look at the stupid thing over the period of time or don't have to manually take shots, etc. Set it up and run it overnight, or over a few days. The shots won't lie. Just looking at an indicator won't provide enough "screen time" to tell for sure...

See ScreenShot() in the doc.

bool ScreenShot( string filename, int size_x, int size_y, int start_bar=-1, int chart_scale=-1, int chart_mode=-1)

Just a thought...

ALL MTF indicators will change here and there slightly but remember it's the entry signals that count mostly. And of course for backtesting it's a no-go but just keep trading your entry signals. The VQ is a big repainter as well but apparently has been showing some promise with "now" time signals. Glad to see others aren't afraid of this system.

thepoliteone:
Hi Bmac,

I must admit I'm really glad I managed to make a useful contribution! As you can see from my post count I don't say much, so glad I could help.

The reason I feel this needs another filter is because when I traded this live, the false entries which got invalided when the XO indicator changed on the longer tf (so it wasn't 4 levels to the same side anymore) essentially threw me, and made me realise my backtesting results were inaccurate and so I figured we have to find a way to reduce these - the signals which are good are great, so I guess as with any system it's just a case of reducing false signals without impacting the good signals. My idea of using Juice simply came because 1) other threads/systems had approved of it and 2) as it means there's weight behind the price move then that should improve the chance that the trend will continue long enough to bag us some pips

I also need to try looking at it with the VQ indicator as a possible filter, and also if someone could watch the MTF Juice on 15M on a 5M chart intraday so see if that redraws at all, that would be really useful (else it's not going to serve in the capacity I wanted it to!)

Thanks all for the help,

TPO.

if we trade only the entry signals without looking for some kind of filter, we end up having lots of bad ones, mtf has been very good at it, maybe in now time, but maybe we could juice or another strenght indicator to filter them, what do you think guys?

Reason: