CatFx50 - page 137

eric heres something i noticed the 1530 gmt candle closed below 50 and step ma stoc(ninas) also closed below when i got back home just know it shows that step ma stoc(ninas stoc)never closed below does this indicator repaint past differently then in real time because i was here for that 1530 candle and had data window opened and it definetly closed below very puzzling

Hi All!

it seems we have a signal in eurusd a little next minuts,

I buy eurusd at 1.1924,

Yes Harold. I saw this too today.

I saw that yellow was below blue but maybe only for a couple of minutes. The line in the indicator seems to be "dynamic" or however we call it. So it moves with the price. And when price returns to where it came from the crossing is gone again.

I would not say it repaints the past because this sounds like fraud a bit. I think the last point of the line always reflects the current moment. And if within the bar there's a moment when the formula for calculating the indicator returns a value below the blue line and some minutes later it returns a value above then we get this situation.

That's how i think it works.

i am not an indicator genius but this i do know that if an indicator gives a price with an atached value and then that value changes later that is a repainter the other indicators didnt do that step rsi step stoc(original one) and ind all had same values as before somethings not right wouldnt u say

harold4x:
i am not an indicator genius but this i do know that if an indicator gives a price with an atached value and then that value changes later that is a repainter the other indicators didnt do that step rsi step stoc(original one) and ind all had same values as before somethings not right wouldnt u say

Harold,

If previous bars are changing, then yes, it is repainting the past. If it is the current bar that is changing, then that is how it should be. The current bar doesn't "print" until the close of the bar, so it will change to reflect current prices. That means that it could give you an entry signal and then 5 minutes later that signal is gone. You can't know for sure until the bar prints.

Keris

Note: I haven't read the last few pages of this thread, so I don't know what indicator you are talking about, but the above applies to all indicators. (Unless the indicator is based on the Open)

thank you i was at conputer at close of 1530 candle and step ma stoc indicator in data window said it closed below when i left house and came back and looked indicator had a different value then before and it was not below as it was i totally agree that when an indicator at the close of candle gives one value and it changes later thats REPAINTING and thats not valuable or reliable information can never back test with that or even frontest

Indicator value changes until current bar is no finished yet

keris2112:
Harold,

If previous bars are changing, then yes, it is repainting the past. If it is the current bar that is changing, then that is how it should be. The current bar doesn't "print" until the close of the bar, so it will change to reflect current prices. That means that it could give you an entry signal and then 5 minutes later that signal is gone. You can't know for sure until the bar prints.

Keris

Note: I haven't read the last few pages of this thread, so I don't know what indicator you are talking about, but the above applies to all indicators. (Unless the indicator is based on the Open)

So it is - while the current price bar is "living", what means it can change until the close of the bar occurs, the indicator can change too.

That is because of the construction of the indicator. As I saw the highs and lows of the bars flow into the calculation of StepMA_Stoch, even the last bar, which is not finished yet until the timeframe (30 minutes) is over.

As a result an entry signal can occur in the beginning of the bar, which is not unvarying. It can be that some minutes later the signal is gone because of the the price bar (low or high) had a relevant change.

F.e. Hist_StepMA_Stoch shows a series of green bars. Then in the beginning of the next bar the colour and direction turns to red (usually a small bar). When then the price gets up again (the low of the price bar will stay, the high extends) the red bar in the Histo_StepMA_Stoch may disappear and is replaced by a green one)

mibl

that i understand that indicator can and should change during price changes BUT when candle closes that candle doesnt change price in future it stays the same forever so should value of indicator stay the same at close of same candle or that indicator is guilty of painting the PAST the main purpose of this trading strategy is the enter trades on cross of 50 ema and hopefully a cross of step stoc at same time

i am glad u saw and agree with same thing that is why i also have step rsi and step stoc without the ma and ind on chart as better conformation

Reason: