The "XO"-Method......... - page 29

rego:
ValeoFX,first,thank you for your good systom! i have used it 2 weeks on demo.it seems well . and now i have a Q .how to take the "ZZ_Super_XO_v.1" into 5m charts? thanks

Rego, I suggest you stay with the original set-up. I am testing Perky's recommendation and will report back by next Friday.

Let us not get confused. There will be people trying to steer off the beaten track, but stay on guys until we have proven record that something else is better. (I am presently testing an adjunct and it seems to be doing what it was designed to do. This may come to you next week Friday also.)

Best wishes, always.

traderandreas:
Hi,

For the sake of all new traders to this system, do we now use the XO5 or the new superXO, with 35ema?

Thanks

I am a bit confused! Where do you get the 35-EMA from?

Can someone please explain Kirper settings. I have searched the site and cannot find an definition or the effect of changes.

Thanks

re this sytem

just found this today and already made 40 pips in 2 hours.

I use original settings and rules but also use forex freeway on 1,5,15,30 mins with signal levels at 100/-100 with at 13 .For exit,2 bars change on either x0 or freeway,close trade.

Ascendtrend Signal

In the price chart, what does the UP and DOWN arrow signify? I do not believe that is a signal to take a trade since it contradicts the XO indicators...

et_phonehome_2:
In the price chart, what does the UP and DOWN arrow signify? I do not believe that is a signal to take a trade since it contradicts the XO indicators...

That is the ASCTrend signal. It is a confirmation for the XO. I have not been using it but most in this thread are - I believe.

XO Settings Clarification Needed

I need to verify if I have all the necessary settings since there seems to be too many going back and forth on it. Can someone confirm for me my settings?

Moving Average ::

Period = 13 / MA method = Linear weighted / Apply to = Close

ASCTrend1Sig_noSound :: RISK = 5 / CountBars = 300

ZZ MTF XO A :: TimeFrame = 60 / KiPER = 7.0

ZZ MTF XO A :: TimeFrame = 30 / KiPER = 7.0

ZZ MTF XO A :: TimeFrame = 15 / KiPER = 7.0

ZZ MTF XO A :: TimeFrame = 5 / KiPER = 7.0

ZZ MTF XO A :: TimeFrame = 240 / KiPER = 5.0

DoubleCCI_Woodies ::

INPUTS: TrendCCI_Period = 34 / EntryCCI_Period = 14

M1_TrendCCI_Period = 34 / M1_EntryCCI_Period = 14

M5_..... same as M1_.....

M15_TrendCCI_Period = 14 / M15_EntryCCI_Period = 6

Mxx....... same as M15_....

COLORS: 0 Green

1 Red

2 Magenta

3 Gold

4 Red

LEVELS: Level = 0

Level = 180

Level = 250

Level = 350

MQ4 Files Downloaded:

ASCTrend1sig_noSound.mq4

DoubleCCI_Woodies.mq4

XO.mq4

ZZ MTF XO A.mq4

XO_Alert.mq4

(1) Are the settings above correct?

(2) How do I know if using KiPER 7.0 vs 5.0 is good for me?

(3) Since we now have TF=240, must this coincide with all other TF indicators to make a trade?

(4) Is XO_Alert.mq4 the same as XO_Alert_exp.mq4? If not, which one should I be using?

(5) I do not understand how to setup the COLORS and LEVELS to be used for DoubleWoodies_CCI as Valero had suggested:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

May I suggest that you draw a Magenta line set on 2 over the 180-line so that you can see when your turbo is "overheated". (I do the same for my 250 and 350-lines incidentally - Gold for 250 and RED for 350 and that will be the lines to watch out for when the CCI-34 reaches those extremes.

(6) As soon as all XO indicators provide an agreeable signal, we trade on the second candle. Does this mean we should not trade on the third candle and onward?

Help is much appreciated....

et_phonehome_2:
I need to verify if I have all the necessary settings since there seems to be too many going back and forth on it. Can someone confirm for me my settings?

Moving Average ::

Period = 13 / MA method = Linear weighted / Apply to = Close

ASCTrend1Sig_noSound :: RISK = 5 / CountBars = 300 CORRECT

ZZ MTF XO A :: TimeFrame = 60 / KiPER = 7.0 5.0

ZZ MTF XO A :: TimeFrame = 30 / KiPER = 7.0

ZZ MTF XO A :: TimeFrame = 15 / KiPER = 7.0

ZZ MTF XO A :: TimeFrame = 5 / KiPER = 7.0

ZZ MTF XO A :: TimeFrame = 240 / KiPER = 5.0

DoubleCCI_Woodies ::

INPUTS: TrendCCI_Period = 34 / EntryCCI_Period = 14

M1_TrendCCI_Period = 34 / M1_EntryCCI_Period = 14

M5_..... same as M1_.....CORRECT

M15_TrendCCI_Period = 14 / M15_EntryCCI_Period = 6

Mxx....... same as M15_....CORRECT

COLORS: 0 Green

1 Red

2 Magenta

3 Gold

4 Red

LEVELS: Level = 0

Level = 180

Level = 250

Level = 350

MQ4 Files Downloaded:

ASCTrend1sig_noSound.mq4

DoubleCCI_Woodies.mq4

XO.mq4

ZZ MTF XO A.mq4

XO_Alert.mq4

SUGGEST YOU GET THE ZZ_4_TF_XO THAT HoggZilla kindly have made for us. There is also a version with 5, but I prefer the 4 + a ZZ_MTF_X)_A set @ 240 during this test-phase still. I have "difficulty" seeing the change over from 4 - 5 in the 5.

(1) Are the settings above correct? SEE NOTES

(2) How do I know if using KiPER 7.0 vs 5.0 is good for me? I HAVE TESTED IT FOR LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT THOSE NUMBERS IS BEST FOR MY CHARTS - IF YOU WISH TO RE-INVENT THE WHEEL, BY ALL MEANS.

(3) Since we now have TF=240, must this coincide with all other TF indicators to make a trade?NO, NOT NECESSARILY, HOWEVER IF YOU READ THE POSTINGS, YOU WILL NOTICE THAT I SAID THAT I HAVE NOTICED THAT WHEN THEY ARE IN LINE, THE TRADE IS SO MUCH STRONGER

(4) Is XO_Alert.mq4 the same as XO_Alert_exp.mq4? If not, which one should I be using?I DON'T HAVE AN "experimental_alert"

(5) I do not understand how to setup the COLORS and LEVELS to be used for DoubleWoodies_CCI as Valeo had suggested:

May I suggest that you draw a Magenta line set on 2 over the 180-line so that you can see when your turbo is "overheated". (I do the same for my 250 and 350-lines incidentally - Gold for 250 and RED for 350 and that will be the lines to watch out for when the CCI-34 reaches those extremes.

(6) As soon as all XO indicators provide an agreeable signal, we trade on the second candle. Does this mean we should not trade on the third candle and onward? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Help is much appreciated....

Hope this helps. Best wishes.

ValeoFX

Thanks for clearing things up for me....

hey, valeo, that indicator u posted back,i believe it belongs to perky, u r using on 15min not5 min charts?

Reason: