The "XO"-Method......... - page 69

billritz:
why don't you build an EA based on your indicator to make the trades for you and not worry about getting in too late, warnings, etc?

Because the strategy under discussion is new and I for one am still testing it...

Hello,

where I can find the MTF-XO-indicator who function?

Thanks!

today first trade, entry long cable 1.9000 8:45 candle, first half closed +10, other half breakeven.

Hi bmac, you didn't say if you had a filter? I got the same long as you, in on the 8:50 at 1.9004, but by the time the indicator signalled an exit in real-time, it was -11...

-TPO.

hi polite,

already told you i use xo combined as filter, first i take +10 and inmediately move to breakeven that way you lock profits, i wonder if anyone is testing this method and which money management technique apply.

Hi bmac, sorry for being a pest

When you say xo combined, you mean the 'zz 4 tf xo' indicator that plots the 4 timeframes as a histogram correct? I've been using that but still I have too many signals it appears.

I might have to try your MM technique - I'm not trading large enough to use scale out but moving to b/e sounds like a good idea while I'm testing this out.

Thanks,

-TPO.

no dear polite,

xo combined is another one, you will find it here earlier i think, try it.

thepoliteone:
Hi bmac, you didn't say if you had a filter? I got the same long as you, in on the 8:50 at 1.9004, but by the time the indicator signalled an exit in real-time, it was -11... -TPO.

politeone, how's it going?

I think one of the problems is this:

The Valeo system will give many great entry signals. If you're trading between pivots/cams/sweet spots, take your 10 to 20 pips profit. At the 9:00candle, you could've exited with 20 pips high, 11 pips low at the close.

If you noticed, yesterday's high was 9026. Now check at your high on your trade at 9:00. 9025. Also, not to confuse anybody even more, your cam H3 short is/was at 9029 so a little more resistance. These are powerful S/R lines.

I'm not trying to confuse the thread or change the system but watch these areas. Unless you're clear of some major S/P lines especially when there are 2 or more close together, take 10-20 at a time. Edit: Forgot this. Yes, scaling out is a good thing with this system b/c of the intial 10 pip target accuracy.

Hope this helps.

Valeo, any good insight your way?

Gents, thank you both very much. I will look back for the xo combined indicator as I must have missed it before.

Pip Trip, thanks for the advice on the levels and how to use them, I'll use more discretion/intelligence going forward

Thanks again,

-TPO.

Pip Trip:
politeone, how's it going?

I think one of the problems is this:

The Valeo system will give many great entry signals. If you're trading between pivots/cams/sweet spots, take your 10 to 20 pips profit. At the 9:00candle, you could've exited with 20 pips high, 11 pips low at the close.

If you noticed, yesterday's high was 9026. Now check at your high on your trade at 9:00. 9025. Also, not to confuse anybody even more, your cam H3 short is/was at 9029 so a little more resistance. These are powerful S/R lines.

I'm not trying to confuse the thread or change the system but watch these areas. Unless you're clear of some major S/P lines especially when there are 2 or more close together, take 10-20 at a time. Edit: Forgot this. Yes, scaling out is a good thing with this system b/c of the intial 10 pip target accuracy.

Hope this helps.

Valeo, any good insight your way?

How can I teach a seasoned trader to suck eggs, my friend? I agree with what you are saying. Watch your private e-mail for a letter from me.

Best wishes.

Reason: