Raw Ideas - page 71

Eurgbp

force the expert to go with the trend by choosing buy only or sell only

EA that reads from a file?

Hi all,

I am looking for an ea that can read from a file to place the trades. Is one that has an exsample of the ea and how the file should be formated.

I have a excel sheet that I want to be able to save a file and the ea to read that file.

Thanks inadvance

NewsTrader is reading from file and SignalTrader is reading from file with some periodicity https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177102

IN10TION:
no it's not that one...

It's the MT4BacktestBudd created by CITYCAT !!! . It's a thread in this forum !!! I can't wait to test it !!!. Please take a look !!

MT4BacktestBudd http://citycat.byethost16.com/

:: yes, it's something like that... but I'm sure I saw something else to... don't know where... I think this will be ok for you, let us know how the tests are going... I've no time for that, sorry, but I saw the website & it looks like a nice package

IN10TION

fxnewbie:
It's the MT4BacktestBudd created by CITYCAT !!! . It's a thread in this forum !!! I can't wait to test it !!!. Please take a look !! MT4BacktestBudd Dog's Forexware Site

script to call an indicator from a different folder

Has anyone got a script that can call an indicator from a different folder other than the original folder where the indicators are located.

The thing is i want to call it from another folder located on my computer.

Thanks

I don't know how but it's a very good idea.

Simplest indicator of all

Hi all,

My trading style is changing from scalping to longer term (as very often happens!) and I would like help programming a very simple indicator. I am keen at some point to learn how to program in MQL so this is partially educational.

All I want to do is draw a verticle line through the candle x pips ago! That's it. It would be good to have one variable so I could look at the last 100, 200, 300 etc candles (irrespective of time frame).

The purpose is simply to give me a sense of scale for when I'm zooming in and out of charts. I don't think I am consistent how I regard the 'bigger' picture and such an indicator will hopefully keep me more anchored.

There are plenty of indicators to draw lines through say session times and specific times of day, but I want it to be a line through a specific candle.

Thanks in advance and if anyone has any comments they're very welcome.

Dave

dgrspencer:
Hi all,

My trading style is changing from scalping to longer term (as very often happens!) and I would like help programming a very simple indicator. I am keen at some point to learn how to program in MQL so this is partially educational.

All I want to do is draw a verticle line through the candle x pips ago! That's it. It would be good to have one variable so I could look at the last 100, 200, 300 etc candles (irrespective of time frame).

The purpose is simply to give me a sense of scale for when I'm zooming in and out of charts. I don't think I am consistent how I regard the 'bigger' picture and such an indicator will hopefully keep me more anchored.

There are plenty of indicators to draw lines through say session times and specific times of day, but I want it to be a line through a specific candle.

Thanks in advance and if anyone has any comments they're very welcome.

Dave

Hi,

I moved your post. Maybe you could upload some picture detailing what you need. Often graphical depictions are best to interest coders.

Linuxser:
Hi, I moved your post. Maybe you could upload some picture detailing what you need. Often graphical depictions are best to interest coders.

Not sure why it's been moved here as it's not a trading system but sorry anyway.

I'm sure pictures are unnecessary. The idea really is mega straight forward. Here's how it would work in an ideal world;

1. Attach indicator to chart.

2. Set variable for which previous candle you would like a verticle line to go through (say for example 100)

3. Close

Now on the chart (irrespective of time frame - could be a 1 minute, could be a monthly chart) the candle 100 previous from the present will have a verticle line going through it.

Many thanks,

Dave

Reason: