Does any of the TA work on tick charts? - page 14

Oh, yes, of course you can do that... But why do you need purely collected ticks? or is this indicator enough for trading? there are many ways to get on your ears, but I failed to work properly with many tick charts simultaneously (maybe I can't, I don't know the right "techniques")... it's geared for bars and their history, but ticks....

ForexTools:
just why do you need purely collected ticks? or is this indicator enough for you to trade? there are so many ways to get on your ears
it's not called getting on your ears... it's not called standing up. it's called collecting multi-currency ticks - that was the task and it can be done without getting hung up on one indicator as well.

OK - you can do it :)

but i personally don't like it. i'll look for something else....

ForexTools:

but personally, I don't "like" it. I'll look for something else....

the same thing but with pink buttons? (:)

When trying to draw a tick chart in an offline tool it "turned out" that MT shows time in minutes, but it is counted in seconds. It turns out that I can only see 60 different ticks within one minute on the chart (it will be 60 bars with the same time in minutes, but one bar per second).

However...

i've got a real tick history with 113 ticks in one minute (2010.10.01 09:40)!!! as a result some bars simply aren't displayed and the history has a hole, which shouldn't exist, because every tick is displayed with a bar with an open price at the previous price and a close at the current one. the archive contains a text with export and the instrument file named 113ticks, which can be opened as a usual offline chart.

I understand that this is a wall - it probably cannot be breached: you cannot display several bars with the same time coinciding with each other down to the second. maybe there is a way and someone knows it to tell? ;)

Files:
113ticks.zip  2 kb

The visualisation of any data is for visual perception and analysis - nothing more.

Why visualise ticks in MT4?

There are tick charts with time between ticks in JForex, but again, this is a gimmick that is essentially unnecessary. You need access to data history, there is no need for visualisation.

start writing tics from 1970, I think seconds will be enough for you, I think https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1504 does that

hrenfx:

is a gimmick that is essentially unnecessary. You need access to data history, visualisation is unnecessary.

You forgot to add the keyword "me personally" ;) you don't need it, I do.

I'm not discussing its necessity. my question is about the technical possibility to display a tick chart with more than 60 ticks within one minute.

IgorM:

start writing tics from 1970, I think you've had enough seconds,

If you just fill in the bars one by one and increase the time of the next bar by a timeframe unit - then of course all the ticks will be displayed. but, what's the use of them without time reference?

ForexTools:
If you just fill the bars one by one and increase the time of the next bar by a timeframe unit - then of course, all ticks will appear. But what is the use of them without time reference? You see a spike and you don't know when it happened

I have such a problem, I work a little differently with ticks, but if you want to work with ticks then work only with ticks and pay no attention to TF, i.e. prepare an indicator base and EAs that will work on your charts, and the time will be 1970 - it makes no difference if you make a profit

as an option, I don't really like it - write ticks with the current time. If you have already had a tick at this second, add one more second even if the time appears in the future, if there was a pause for a few seconds, then close the graphs and the binding to the real time will appear.

on NZDZUSD there will still be gaps between the seconds

Reason: