Raw Ideas - page 42

Price Action Ea at Ma's

I have been manually trading the base 150 system where trades are taken of of price action of the 150 ema on hourly charts. shorts are taken after 10 and 25 ema's move thourgh 150 and price also. you look to short back at the 150. also my question is this can price bars be programmed into an ea

eg. outside bars inside bars, etc.

I always see these after the fact, so I would like to recieve alerts as they are happening or have an ea trade them

Try to predict the market

Hi, i'm starting to study this kind of strategy, i need some help from some trader who trade using this kind of strategies from time, and maybe can explain me how to read the chart in the image, what do you think? What about the numbers that i read in the lines (.382,.886,etc..)? Please give me a little explaination if you can, tnx, attached there is an image of the 4h gold chart

Files:
immagine.jpg  88 kb

The numbers are fib ratio's, and there's a whole bunch of common patterns that traders watch for.

There's a good thread on harmonic patterns patterns here at TSD

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588, with hundreds of set ups discussed, well woth a read

regards

zu

zupcon:
The numbers are fib ratio's, and there's a whole bunch of common patterns that traders watch for.

There's a good thread on harmonic patterns patterns here at TSD

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588, with hundreds of set ups discussed, well woth a read

regards

zu

Hi, thank you for your help, that's exactly what i was looking for

"10 steps for success" Review

Hello all.

My friend recently gave me a a sheet that had "10 steps for success" as the headline. It outlined 10 simple steps to making profit on bullish and bearish trends. I'm very new to forex and before taking these "tips" seriously would like to run them past some of you who are more seasoned and get feed back as to whether they hold any merit for a potential trading system or not.

So please have a look at the attachment.

Thanks!

Files:

Put this in EA?

Can someone put this in an EA to use the alerts it gives to buy and sell.

It has re entry feature to either double up on orders or possibly if used with trailing stop and tp to enter again while same trend.

Works ok on H4 D1 if you can get the alert quick enough and get in/out.

It made by Igorad but cant find any EA for it.

need help

Hey!

The attached file is an EA that works with MAs

and I want someone to help me to add the following features:

1- to open an opposite position with the same lots size when the stop loss is hit (please, put this feature on a sepatate EA)

2- to open an opposite posiotion with double lot size when the stop loss id hit ( please, put this feature on a separate EA)

regards,

My idea for a very simple Intraday FreedomRocks based system...

Hello folks,

I have been looking with interest at the Freedom Rocks trading model over the last year or so and although it has its flaws, the overall concepts that have to do with currency pair correlations and hedging are sound...not to mention that it works profitably most of the time! With good MM and banking profits regularly, you can weather most any storm or drawdown or at least live to trade again if it blows.

Now, whereas the actual FR system is a long-term method, my thoughts are that perhaps an INTRADAY model based on the FR grid/hedge setup could easily be developed and implemented/tested on an MT4 platform. I have been demo testing my ideas on this manually, but only for the last few days on an FX SOL demo account which involves manual upkeep and daily order resetting/monitoring. The forward/backward testing could greatly be streamlined on MT4 with a very simple EA.

Here's the parameters of what I have in mind:

#1. Use only the 4 majors, trading 1 full $100k lot per pair @ 400:1 leverage at FX SOL:

EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, USD/JPY

#2. Take ALL LONG or ALL SHORT (either way, shouldn't matter provided they are ALL SAME WAY) positions daily after swap is paid. I use roughly a total of 10% equity split between the four.

#3. Set 60 pip TP and a 40 pip SL for each daily order. These settings may be adjusted according to the daily range of each pair and/or other discetionary market conditions (ranging/trending?), but these are what I'm using right now.

#4. I generally place orders with FX SOL after 5pm EST to avoid swap and close them before NYSE market close next day if TP/SL have not triggered. Right now, I'm just letting price action determine win/lose to keep it very mechanical, but there can be situations where trader discretion and intervention is beneficial.

That's basically it....I set a 60 TP and 40 SL for each of the four pairs and let price determine the winners/losers. There are five possible scenarios with this setup as follows (correct me if I missed any).

#1. Two Winners - Two Losers = Net +40 pips

#2. Three Winners - One Loser = Net +140 pips

#3. All Four Winners = Net +240 pips

#4. Three Losers - One Winner = Net -60 pips

#5. All Four Losers = Net -160 pips

Considering the relative historical correlations between these four pairs, there seems to be an overall balance leaning towards Scenario #1, but we all know that the correlations fluctuate and come in and out of normal "sync" from time to time. However, if you look at this model purely from an "odds" standpoint, and I'm no expert there, it seems to me you have a 3 in 5 chance of coming out a winner just based on the ratios of winner/loser scenarios. I believe the actual odds may even be better than 3:5 because of the additional weighting of the pair correlation factor. Maybe someone good at crunching numbers might do a calculation on that to factor in the correlations? Plus, the three winning combinations are overall worth more potential gains than the losing ones. The numbers alone make this an interesting strategy that I think is well worth testing, if it hasn't already been done.

Now, I would very much like to know if there already exists a simple EA that I can use which will allow me to set fixed TP/SL values, set a repeating daily order entry time and also automatically close out the open orders from the previous day at a time I would specify. I wouldn't think this would be a very difficult EA to code as there are only basic, already used functions involved. I would need to be able to attach the EA to four separate charts and just let them run to see how it works out.

Can anyone point me to an existing EA I can use or can someone write a simple EA to test this method? Any well thought out comments/criticism is welcomed!

Thanks and happy trading to ALL!!

EDIT: I started a separate thread for this method in this forum...please delete this post if you feel it's necessary. Thanks!

Need help with an indicator

Any programmer out there, please help.

I have a simple indicator that display the value of each

currency pair in 30/60 time frame.

85 LWMA Low

75 LWMA Low

5 EMA Close

When I look at the data window and my indicator value window there are slightly off.

BTW, I'm not a programmer, just slap this piece of indicator from my basic understand of programming.

Thanks.

Files:
pdv2.mq4  52 kb

Any idea??

icpip:
Any programmer out there, please help.

I have a simple indicator that display the value of each

currency pair in 30/60 time frame.

85 LWMA Low

75 LWMA Low

5 EMA Close

When I look at the data window and my indicator value window there are slightly off.

BTW, I'm not a programmer, just slap this piece of indicator from my basic understand of programming.

Thanks.

Forgot to post my view of the indicator.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Files:
pdv_data.gif  88 kb
Reason: