C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 3

Hi VTAM I like to test it too , can you sent the copy . Thanks

VTAM, I appreciate you providing this for free, and for your excellent work here. I like this system better than the "Daily Swap" system, which told us to buy more lots when the basket went positive. That seemed to be "buying high", whereas your system here "buys low".

One question I have, which I apologize if you have already answered, but when do you take profit and/or close out all orders? Or is the objective to let the basket run and collect interest?

Thank you.

ZRR:
Hi VTAM I like to test it too , can you sent the copy . Thanks

The system rules were provided in pdf a few posts back. Please take a look and let us know what you think!

mikejody:
VTAM, I appreciate you providing this for free, and for your excellent work here. I like this system better than the "Daily Swap" system, which told us to buy more lots when the basket went positive. That seemed to be "buying high", whereas your system here "buys low".

One question I have, which I apologize if you have already answered, but when do you take profit and/or close out all orders? Or is the objective to let the basket run and collect interest?

Thank you.

Mikejody - Yeah the cool thing about this is that it adds to the basket on the way down, and includes adding to both winners and losers. I have not read the Daily Swap system, maybe there is some things we can add to C-Trader to make it better?

I will always leave the initial position on to collect interest. I will take off the adds once the equity has gained 1% from the previous high point. Here is a scenario:

The account starts at $100k and then goes up to $103k. Then it drops to $102k and I add a .40 lot to every pair in the basket whether winning or losing. Then the account drops to $100k and I add a .80 lot to every pair in the basket. Then the basket rallis to $104k. At that point I would take off the .40 and .80 units and leave the .20 units on. If the account then dropped to $103k I would re-add the .40 unit to every pair in the basket. If the account then goes up to $105k, I would take off the .40 unit and leave the .20 unit on. Does that help?

Do you have a link to the daily swap system? I would like to read it and see if there are any details we can pull from that idea into this one to make this one better?

I'm starting to understand a little, I think. Maybe you could put it in percentages as 100K account is far away from most of us. Let's say we had a 4K account, what lot sizes would you enter initally, and what percentage of drop in the entire basket would you add more lots, and what size lots would you add?

And I assume your overall objective is to grow your account, using both swap rates and pip movement, correct?

You asked for the link to the Daily Swap, it is here: Safe Hedging System - Daily Swap.

I think I remember you saying you were having difficulty with FF, so I've posted the rules of the system below. As you can see, they are "buying high" and that seems dangerous.

Here it is: (p.s. the thread started no longer posts, nor answers questions, etc.)

"Hello Guys:

I wanted to share this strategy that I have been trading on my live account for about couple months. It has been very profitable and safe from all of the market movement and allows you to make daily swaps without having 2 broker accounts of risk a major drawdown. Anyone can start with this and gradually increase their position.

Basically you will set the following order and they have to be in the same ratio and placed within seconds of each other for maximize stability. I usually do this at 4:55 PM EST just before the swap being calculated:

1 LOT BUY (+)GBP/JPY(-)

1 LOT SELL (-)CHF/JPY(+)

1 LOT SELL (-)GBP/USD(+)

1 LOT SELL (-)USD/CHF(+)

Now this is sort like a combination hedge but using 4 pairs. If you separate each pair, you will see that you are SELLING and BUYNG All 4 currencies at the same time, see the (+) and (-) that I placed Next each currency? You will see that I am buying GBP, Selling GBP, Buying CHF, Selling CHF, etc... This will net you about $11.00 USD in swap per day if using FXDD. The margin requirement for a 200:1 account is about $2500, so u need to have a $3500 account to do this. You must get a 200:1 or 400:1 leverage, so make sure you ask for it.

Now $11.00 per day is about $330 per month, which is like 10% return on your $3500.00. Combining with Compounding you positions, you are looking at 200% return in a year. (every $350 gain, start with a new set of hedge using 0.1 Lot sizes)

Once you reach about 20 standard lots, you are making $220 per day, and that should be a pretty comfortable income, not even counting the positive gains on the GBP/JPY pair.

Some of you might ask about the drawdown on this, I have seem a maximum of 15% drawdown. The market might be a little more unforgiving at first, but once you start to spread out your position, like entering a new mini-lot set everyday for 10 days straight, you are actually minimizing your exposure. Always use discretion to do this and once you are in profit with your GBP/JPY pair for about 100 PIPS, put your stop/loss at 1 PIP profit, only use stop with GBP/JPY pair, and if you are not at your computer all the time, setup the EMAIL function in MT4 and send yourself a text message telling you that you got stopped out on the GBP/JPY. If the market moves against you with the GBP/JPY, you will get stopped out at 1 PIP, but your CHF/JPY, USD/CHF, and GBP/USD short orders will be profitable.

Another thing to watch out for when doing this trade is to do it on Wednesday, which is triple interest day. So it will pretty much cover your spread and give you a positive swap the very first day. And it might take up to 4 days to see your account being positive, but again, your initial entry is the most important entry."

vtam:
Mikejody - Yeah the cool thing about this is that it adds to the basket on the way down, and includes adding to both winners and losers. I have not read the Daily Swap system, maybe there is some things we can add to C-Trader to make it better?

I will always leave the initial position on to collect interest. I will take off the adds once the equity has gained 1% from the previous high point. Here is a scenario:

The account starts at $100k and then goes up to $103k. Then it drops to $102k and I add a .40 lot to every pair in the basket whether winning or losing. Then the account drops to $100k and I add a .80 lot to every pair in the basket. Then the basket rallis to $104k. At that point I would take off the .40 and .80 units and leave the .20 units on. If the account then dropped to $103k I would re-add the .40 unit to every pair in the basket. If the account then goes up to $105k, I would take off the .40 unit and leave the .20 unit on. Does that help?

Do you have a link to the daily swap system? I would like to read it and see if there are any details we can pull from that idea into this one to make this one better?

mikejody:
I'm starting to understand a little, I think. Maybe you could put it in percentages as 100K account is far away from most of us. Let's say we had a 4K account, what lot sizes would you enter initally, and what percentage of drop in the entire basket would you add more lots, and what size lots would you add?

And I assume your overall objective is to grow your account, using both swap rates and pip movement, correct?

Yes the idea is to collect swap on the core position. The theory is that money over time will go to where it is treated best. So over time the currencies that pay more interest will go up. That does not mean though that there won't be violent corrections that can wipe out accounts that are overleveraged. This is the problem with Freedom rocks for example. In February when the carry trade unwound a little - a ton of account blew up. This C-Trader will get hurt when that happens to, but I implemented some rules to still stay in the game if it does. Hopefully you all can come up with some more safety nets for the eventual implosion of the carry trade.

You can trade C-trader with as little as $1000 I would think with 1 cent pips - I think they are referred to as nano lots.

For $1000k accounts you would trade 2 nano lots that trade 1 penny per pip.

For $10k accounts you would start with .02 lots or 2 ten cent per pip units

For $100k you would use 2 minis whic are $1 per pip.

so for $4k account you would start with 8 nano lots or 8 1 cent per pip units.

That help?

I have fixed the login info for the demo account. There are 3 running, but only 1 has been fixed so far. It is at InterbankFX

1234CTrader

Case sensitive!

You can see the deposit of $100k in early April and it is now at $113k+ as of this writing.

February Results

Hi Vtam,

Can you tell me how this system did (or would have done) in February with the unwind?

Thank you.

Simplified Rules

Vtam, I have attempted to simplify the rules, and to apply them to a 5K account. Can you see if this is all correct?

$5,000.00 starting account

Buy EURJPY Buy AUDJPY

Sell EURUSD Sell EURAUD

Buy USDCHF Buy NZDUSD

Sell EURGBP Buy USDCAD

Buy GBPCHF Buy EURCHF

Sell AUDUSD Buy GBPUSD

Sell CHFJPY

.10 initial lot sizes for 5,000.00 mini account size

When equity = minus $50.00 add .20 to every pair

When equity = plus $50.00 from last high, exit the extra lots only (keep initial lots on)

If after adding .20 to every pair (basket having dropped $50.00), do not double again until basket is minus $150.00. Then add .40

Where would we add .80, and so on? After how much loss on the basket?

Is this all correct?

Finally, how has your other trade version of this done, in comparison to the above pairs? The one that is more "market neutral"?

Thank you again. I'm going to open this trade on Monday.

mikejody:
Vtam, I have attempted to simplify the rules, and to apply them to a 5K account. Can you see if this is all correct?

$5,000.00 starting account

Buy EURJPY Buy AUDJPY

Sell EURUSD Sell EURAUD

Buy USDCHF Buy NZDUSD

Sell EURGBP Buy USDCAD

Buy GBPCHF Buy EURCHF

Sell AUDUSD Buy GBPUSD

Sell CHFJPY

.10 initial lot sizes for 5,000.00 mini account size

When equity = minus $50.00 add .20 to every pair

When equity = plus $50.00 from last high, exit the extra lots only (keep initial lots on)

If after adding .20 to every pair (basket having dropped $50.00), do not double again until basket is minus $150.00. Then add .40

Where would we add .80, and so on? After how much loss on the basket?

Is this all correct?

Finally, how has your other trade version of this done, in comparison to the above pairs? The one that is more "market neutral"?

Thank you again. I'm going to open this trade on Monday.

That looks like it's right if done in a mini account. This is how the adds would look

$4950 balance go to .20 lots

$4800 balance go to .40 lots

$4450 balance go to .80 lots

If it drops more than that - let me know. I have have never added more than 2 times (from .20 core position to .40 and .80) the entire 3 months. I have yet to go to a 1.6 lot.

The more market neutral has done well. It is up 13.5% in the same time, but I have actually seen larger swings in equity. I used a straight increase instead of a martingale. I also started with larger lot sizes. On a $100k account I started with 1 full lot on the 8 neutral pairs. When it dropped 1% I add only 1 full lot instead of 2. When it dropped another 2% I added another full lot. No doubling up. Is that clear?

Reason: