Harmonic Trading - page 297

johnwattcorp:
Hi,

I am new to trade with harmonic patterns. Anyone send me a zup122 pattern template please?

Thanks

Hey Bro! This is as simple a ZUP122 template as you can get. It shows your basic BAT, BUTTERFLY, CRAB, GARTLEY, AB=CD, and 5-0... Along with their respective retracements. Works on all the time-frames, and if a pattern does show up make sure you measure the reversal zones and look for the fibo clusters. Anyways... I believe this template will help you learn to spot the BASIC patterns.zup122simple.tpl

Files:

Example of the above indicator...

Files:

RhinoTrader:
Hey Bro! This is as simple a ZUP122 template as you can get. It shows your basic BAT, BUTTERFLY, CRAB, GARTLEY, AB=CD, and 5-0...

Thank you for template

ZUP_v120 NEN STAR translated to english

I don't know if it's done already but I have translated the ZUP_v120 NEN STAR indicator to English. Everything but the little comments in the actual code. It is in the attachment. Enjoy.

Hi all,

Let me start by introducing myself first. I'm Walter, I am from Belgium and I'm a professional annalist/programmer for already 15 years now.

A few years ago I was introduced to Forex by a friend. Soon I discovered that one could make his own indicators and EA's using MQL4 programming language.

As it is also a hobby of mine I started to code indi's and EA's.

The EA's were not that profitable until I discovered trading harmonic patterns. That really was a revelation to me, I finally found the edge. And of course I made an EA for it too.

I've been running it now for a few months and I must say that it is not doing bad at all.

I would like to share the EA here but I don't think it is permitted to advertise on this forum because the EA is not for free, so I won't. But since the fully functional free version can be run on a demo account or in the strategy tester, I thought it would do no harm to let you all know.

I've made a website for it. I will not post a link here but if you google 'harmonicstrader' you should find it in the 3rd spot saying 'under construction'.

I hope you will all test it and give some feed back.

Happy trading!

zup_v120_nen_star.mq4

Files:

poruchik:
2 in 1 ______________

It seems like I'm missing something basic here.

What is the function of the box is red at the point D?

And where exactly to do entry based on the image above?

How can there be two pattern in one chart (as the information I use zup122)?

Another one, what is the purpose of the dotted line VectorOfAMirrorTrend?

Please explanation.

-soni a.k.a wanaxau-

zigflip:
Hi, is it possible to have a free version? Since the Zup is free. Also can it be updated to use zip 122?

I cannot reply to PM yet so here's my answer to zigflip.

Yes the EA is free to use on a demo account and in the Srategy Tester. (just read through the web site harmonicstrader dot com)

The EA should be able to use most of the ZUP indicators if not all (and some others).

It looks for the objects PRZ and both triangles drawn on the chart by the indicator.

So if you want to test the EA with another harmonic patterns indicator, just remove the ZUP 120 NEN STAR indi and attach your other indicator. If it acts normal, opens and manages orders, it should be ok.

There is an explanation on the "Instructions" page of the web site almost at the end of the page for the setting "Name of Indicator Objects".

Also important: there can only be one pattern at the same time on the chart or the EA will go bezerk

You may post on which Harmonic Patterns indicators you got it to work. (I cannot test them all)

PatternInfluence

Hi everyone,

PatternInfluence use to be a true/false but is now a number. Can someone please explain what it means and how to use it.

Thanks

Use ZUP 123

рatternInfluence - 0 - are removed patterns, at which from zero bar to bar with a point of D no more maxBarToD of bars patternInfluence - 1 - is considered pattern influence thus maxBarToD parameter action is cancelled

patternInfluence - 2 - are removed the patterns meeting a condition:

for bear patterns on a site from a point of D to zero bar there shouldn't be bars at which at the most bar is higher than a maximum of a frame of a zone of development of a point of D;

for bull patterns on a site from a point of D to zero bar there shouldn't be bars at which at the least bar is lower than a minimum of a frame of a zone of development of a point of D. patternInfluence - 3 - sharing of points

patternInfluence=1 and patternInfluence=2

AllowedBandPatternInfluence - is set коэффицент from distance size between points of the X-th and D pattern. This coefficient sets distance from a point of D to a point, where pattern influence allegedly comes to an end

Files:
zup_v123.rar  118 kb

poruchik:
рatternInfluence - 0 - are removed patterns, at which from zero bar to bar with a point of D no more maxBarToD of bars patternInfluence - 1 - is considered pattern influence thus maxBarToD parameter action is cancelled

patternInfluence - 2 - are removed the patterns meeting a condition:

for bear patterns on a site from a point of D to zero bar there shouldn't be bars at which at the most bar is higher than a maximum of a frame of a zone of development of a point of D;

for bull patterns on a site from a point of D to zero bar there shouldn't be bars at which at the least bar is lower than a minimum of a frame of a zone of development of a point of D. patternInfluence - 3 - sharing of points

patternInfluence=1 and patternInfluence=2

AllowedBandPatternInfluence - is set коэффицент from distance size between points of the X-th and D pattern. This coefficient sets distance from a point of D to a point, where pattern influence allegedly comes to an end

MANY Thanks so much for the indicators and the explanation. I am new to this type of trading and what I don't understand is the difference between all these Zup versions. Does one has to upload them all to the chart ? or Just one.?

And then again if one is uploaded it will be able to identify only one pattern ? And if so does one have to upload tha same indi with different identification pattern settings on the same chart OR just open new chart with other settings for other pattern identification ?

Is there any kind of manual on how to use and set the indicator and what everything does?

Best regards ad thanks in advance.

sonyirwana:
It seems like I'm missing something basic here.

1. What is the function of the box is red at the point D?

And where exactly to do entry based on the image above?

2. How can there be two patternin one chart (as the information I use zup122)?

3. Another one, what is the purpose of the dotted line VectorOfAMirrorTrend?

-soni a.k.a wanaxau-

1. Red box is PRZ The PRZ, the Potential Reversal Zone, is an area where 3 or more Fibonacci numbers converge, and where the harmonic pattern completes. It's the D point on a harmonic pattern and where price has a high probability of reversing.

2. Use 2 ZUP

3. VectorOfAMirrorTrend is diagonal PRZ

Reason: