Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 348

Hi all,

hope my work will help you.

Files:

Mtf nrp

Whether it is possible to make MTF the indicator which calculate off at the opening price instead of closing prices that not repaint?

Ok guys, I'm a coder and really hate to admit there's something I actually don't know. But this is my problem and it's serious.

Have any one EVER been able to code these MTF indicators and successfully used in an EA and able to test it in the back tester? For some reason non of them shows the correct value to me in back testing, the values are all messed up, needless to say they don't display correctly either.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed lights on this.

Multi ZigZag

I spotted something unusual in the Multi ZigZag indicator today - is there a problem with this or what is the explanation for it.

The H1 (blue) line seems to be moving erratically.

Files:
multizigzag.jpg  143 kb

I have to write a MTF indicator of my own to solve the problem. But since all the MTF indicator on the internet are basically written using the same template, I'm still wondering how anyone have been able to either display them in back testing or in an EA? Maybe I'm missing something?

Are all the people using these indicators just do manual trading?

WOAH -- indicators ready to be Downloaded

keris2112:
Hi all,

I've been wanting to have the ability to plot indicators from different timeframes on my chart, but MT doesn't have this capability built in. (Does anyone know of any charting programs that do this natively?) As an example, if you're following the IWCR system, it'd be nice to be able to plot the Daily RSI on your 5 Min. chart.

When I put together the Daily Volitily Breakout indicator, that sorta did what I wanted in that it allowed you to add it to any timeframe (Daily or less) and see where the daily breakout point would be. The problem was that it was limited to only showing the Daily value.

About 2 weeks ago I came across Igorad's Price Channel Stop indicator and it seemed to do what I wanted (with regard to mulitiple timeframes). I started trying to use the Price Channel indicator as a template, adding code from other indicators and tweaking it to work within the new structure, but they never seemed to work. (I'm still not a very good coder.) Then last night I had a "breakthrough": If I can't figure out how to properly add the code from the other indicators, why not just Reference them, with their iName or iCustom? So, that's what I did. And, it works great.

Here are a few things to keep in mind when using these:

1) TimeFrameis the input you use to specify what timeframe to pull the data from.

2) You must set TimeFrame in minutes (1,5,15,30,60,240,1440,10080,43200)

3) By default, TimeFrame is set to 0, which means that it will use whatever the current timeframe is, i.e it will act as the original indicator.

4) If you set TimeFrame to anything other than 0, it must be >= current timeframe. (In other words, don't use a M15 PSar on an H1 chart. The values won't be correct. An H1 PSar on an M15 chart works properly.)

I've setup 5 Multi-TimeFrame (MTF) indicators to use as examples. You can open them up and use the code as a template so that you can make any existing indicator MTF. Please don't post asking for other indicators to be made, as the thread will soon turn into one big 'please do this for every MT4 indicator'. It's really, really simple to do, and if you don't know how to code, spend a week reading Coder Guru's MT4 programming guide and you'll be able to do it.

If I have time, I'll add more. Hopefully others will add their MTF conversions to the thread.

Multi-TimeFrame set 1 contains:

#MTF_MovingAverage.mq4

#MTF_PSar.mq4

#MTF_RSI.mq4

#MTF_MACD.mq4

#MTF_CCI.mq4

The attached chart is the following:

M5 Chart with LimeGreen PSar

M15 PSar

M60 SMA(13)

H4 CCI

M30 MACD

H1 RSI

Well, I hope these come in handy for some of you. Thanks Igor, for your fantastic coding skills. I've learned a lot just by studying your code.

Keris

EDIT:

Added #MTF Set 2.zip on 3/4/06 ---- (Bollinger Bands, Juice, Linear Price Bar, Price, Stochastic)

can someone be kind to add the ability to chose pair in this indi please

No MTF or Multi-Pairs Testing For MQ4 Strategy Tester

christinaLi:
I have to write a MTF indicator of my own to solve the problem. But since all the MTF indicator on the internet are basically written using the same template, I'm still wondering how anyone have been able to either display them in back testing or in an EA? Maybe I'm missing something? Are all the people using these indicators just do manual trading?

Hi Christina,

Not sure if you got any answers yet. So as far as I know, the MQ4 Strategy Tester can only test one pair on only one time frame.

It cannot test MTF or multi-currency pairs...something about not being able to read Bar 0 on the MTF's...and it is limited to one currency pair at a time because how MQ4 Strategy Tester uses History.

If you search the MQ4 forum you will find some more discussion on these Strategy Tester limitations for MQ4.

However, you don't have to trade the MTF's and Multi-pairs manually.

MTF and Multi-pair indicators can work in forward testing for demos and EA's live, but MQ4 Strategy Tester is definitely limited for testing them.

The MQ5 platform now has the Strategy Tester that can test MTF's and multi-pairs (I haven't tried it yet). And it finally has a Visual Test mode to work with. Yea!

Hope this helps,

Robert

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Christina,

Not sure if you got any answers yet. So as far as I know, the MQ4 Strategy Tester can only test one pair on only one time frame.

It cannot test MTF or multi-currency pairs...something about not being able to read Bar 0 on the MTF's...and it is limited to one currency pair at a time because how MQ4 Strategy Tester uses History.

If you search the MQ4 forum you will find some more discussion on these Strategy Tester limitations for MQ4.

However, you don't have to trade the MTF's and Multi-pairs manually.

MTF and Multi-pair indicators can work in forward testing for demos and EA's live, but MQ4 Strategy Tester is definitely limited for testing them.

The MQ5 platform now has the Strategy Tester that can test MTF's and multi-pairs (I haven't tried it yet). And it finally has a Visual Test mode to work with. Yea!

Hope this helps,

Robert

Hi, Robert,

Thanks for your reply. Good to know that it's not just me having those problems.

I however recently solved the problems by writing the MTF indicators in a different ways to eliminate the problem. I call my indicator honest MTF indicators. It can be shown on back testing to make testing of such strategy possible on MT4. And the result is accurate for sure.

I've coded it for a client so can't directly post the code there, if there's interest I can do the same with a simple indicator say RSI and do a demo here. Not sure if there's other ways but this is so far I've found.

I like the priciple of MTF strategy but the repaint effect (technically not repaint but nevertheless repaint on smaller time frame) bothers me personally.

Maybe it's time to look at MT5.

Thanks again.

Christina

MTF FisherYur4ik_2 ?

Hello,

Im looking for MTF version of FisherYur4ik_2.

I have few others MTF Fishers indicator but Yur4ik_2 works better in my actual system.

Best regards, J.

Reason: