HWAFM gave very good signal.
Excellent signals so far, I suspect if bullish signals above 1hr it's long for the day and possibly next, extra confirmation can come in the form of the myriad of other entry/exit signal on these well tread boards/many threads.
For me excellent signal will be on GBPUSD. From the HWAFM dashboard we can see many bullish signal, butterfly, of 3 timeframes, first time and it serve the purpose of using multi timeframe patterns. Then the WW buy signal. buy from wave 5, from H1, H2, H4, H8, H12 and daily chart. EURUSD also a good one, but signal mostly from WWave.
But still we need to test it more and see how profitable in the long run using this tool.
Cable looks tricky today, sell abc on the daily, nwfm 1hr and above are all bearish, all in the mind I know, I also have a struggle when shorting cable, lol. Have you checked your charts yet?
gbp/usd a sell to target areas of 1.6070/1.6040 and then 1.5990 area.
Thank you NewDigital,
I will look into this matter and come back shortly.
I just modified your 10p3v0.0321 from this post:
You are having volty indicator used with this EA. It is here in zip archive:
But your volty (modified using Igorad's latest public version) is slightly different from volty using for public TrendScalp system. Trend Scalp system for M1 timeframe public version is here:
So, I used volty from this public TrendScalp (I made same preparation with this indicator to be used with EA - you will see it from attachment).
GnHiLo indicator is same as Gann for public TrendScalp so no problem with this indicator at all.
Finally I changed VoChSt to VoChSt_1 (and this VoChSt_1 - prepared volty from public TrendScalp).
I renamed 10p3v0.0321 to 10p3v0.0321_1 because to say a true - there is no any significant changes were made by me.
10p3v0.0321_1 EA with all the indicators are attached.
I used this 10p3v0.0321_1 with default settings - I changed just lot size to be 0.1 instead of 0.01 (see previous post) and it is working fine.
What is good with this 10p3v0.0321_1?
- it is very safe to trade - not risky at all.
What is bad?
- EA is not trading often
- EA is not making re-enters.
Can you check this EA 10p3v0.0321_1 (my changes)?
because I am not a coder ...
but I hope that I did everything in correct way.
Besides, EA (10p3v0.0321 and/or 10p3v0.0321_1) is not making re-enter. It may be good because it is very safe to trade (not risky at all) - you can see my results for today for GBPJPY and GBPCHF for buy.
But it will be more profitable with re-enters.
Because what is re-enter for TrendScalp system?
Example how it should be - if I am trading buy only (for example):
- EA opens buy (volty and Gann are in blue color);
- volty is in blue but Gann changed color to red (EA is doing nothing);
- volty is in blue but Gann changed color to blue from red (EA is making re-enter - next order is opened with same lot size). And EA is martingaling both orders (it may be 3 or 5 or 8 orders if together with re-enters) in separated way.
So, this version is not making re-enter for Gann color changed if volty is on same color.
- It is still bearish for D1 timeframe (it was not turned to bullish yet).
- H4 - bullish (since yesterday) but it is non-trading market condition for now for H4.
- H1 - just an retracement (correction) was started for bearish.
- M30 - it may be started good downtrend within 1 or few hours (may be ... may be not ...).
- D1 timeframe - bearish.
- H4 - non-trading condition.
- H1 - bullish.
- M30 - it may be breakdown to be started soon (big movement of the price to downtrend).
- H4 - bearish.
- H1 - bearish.
- M30 - it may be breakdown or breakout soon.
- D1 timeframe - ranging.
- H4 - correction after downtrend seems finishing ... so ... it may be bearish soon, or the price will continue correctional uptrend.
- H1 - non-trading.
- M30 - flat but breakout/breadown may be soon as all support/resistance lines came very close to each other.
- H1 - correctional uptrend just started.
- M30 - ranging but may be uptrend (breakout) soon.
- H4 - non-trading but the situation may be changed very quickly.
- H1 - bullish may be started ... if it will be happened so it will be breakout.
- M30 - uptrend was started by stopped by Ichimoku cloud. Price is inside the cloud ... so will see how the price will break the borders of the cloud (borders' lines are support/resistance lines).
Interesting situation for XAGUSD and XAGEUR.
I will check HWAFM patterns now.
HWAFM patterns are giving more early results for this evaluation than Ichimoku ... so Ichimoku charts are late compare with HWAFM.
I looked into the code you modified and it is OK. (Neither I am a skilled programmer, only a dilettante )
Nevertheless, I modified the trade logic again a bit, and attach 10p3v0.0321_2.mq4 EA with the current logic as follows:
1. Sell order
- if Gann HiLo indicator has changed direction from Blue to Red and keeps Red on current bar AND Volty Channel indicator keeps Red on the previous bar and on the current,
- if Volty Channel indicator has changed direction from Blue to Red and keeps Red on current bar AND Gann Hilo keeps Red on the previous bar and on the current.
2. Buy order
- if Gann HiLo indicator has changed direction from Red to Blue and keeps Blue on current bar AND Volty Channel indicator keeps Blue on the previous bar and on the current,
- if Volty Channel indicator has changed direction from Red to Blue and keeps Blue on current bar AND Gann Hilo keeps Blue on the previous bar and on the current.
Obviously, Red means short sign and Blue means long sign.
So, as for the entry or re-entry the EA should work as follows:
If there are no open trade, that is, the user just switched on the EA or the EA closed all the trades on the currency pair, the EA waits for a change in one of the indicators signal.
1. If the indicators were in agreement when the user switched on the EA or when the EA closed all trades, then the first change in the indicators' signal means that they show in different direction. The EA keeps waiting in this situation.
The second change makes the indicators match. The EA waits till closure of the signal bar and if the indicators keep matching at the bar opening after the signal bar, then the EA should open a position.
2. If the indicators' signals showed in different directions when the user switched on the EA or when the EA closed all trades, then the first change in the indicators' signal means that they show in the same direction. Then the EA waits for the closure of the signal bar and if the indicators keep matching at the bar opening after the signal bar, then the EA should open a position.
Only in the cases written above, should the EA open a position, either it is a re-entry or an absolute new position.
Hope now the EA will trade as you wanted and as I wrote above.
It is my results fopr semi-manual trading using EA.
- trades for today: 2
- min lot size: 0.1
- max lot size: 0.1
- 4 digit pips: 22
- dollars: 28
- trades for today: 5
- max lot size: 0.26
- 4 digit pips: -10
- dollars: 11
39 dollars totally.
Statements are attached.
I traded by EA only in semi-automatic way for pairs/direction pre-selected using HWAFM pattern tool.
It was profitable but not very profitable.
But at least - it is very safe to trade in this way.
PS. Whe I was writing this post - EA made the other 2 orders for GBPJPY and GBPCHF and closed both in profit.
- HWAFM tool for Metatrader 5 is here;
- How to instal - read started from this page till this one
- How to instal HWAFM tool for Metatrader 5 for Windows 7 : read this page till this one.
- Trend Scalp system for M1 timeframe for Metatrader 4 to be used together with HWAFM tool for Metatrader 5: public version and elite section version.
- how to trade using HWAFM patterns tool for Metatrader 5 and Trend Scalp system for M1 timeframe for Metatrader 4 in the same time :some trading examples/trading statements/results started from this page till this one; explanation about trading styles - read this post; explanation about Maksigen indicator - read this post.
- semi-automatic method of trading by EA: idea originally came from this page till this page; Original version for semi-automatic trading is 10p3v0.0321 EA; The new version for semi-automatic trading is 10p3v0.0331 EA: download from this post with the explanation - the user can select between MACD or TrandScalp strategies.; 10p3v0.0321_1 EA to be used together with Trend Scalp system for M1 public version with no re-enters is on this post and same but improved version (10p3v0.0321_2) with re-enters is on this post.
HWAFM patterns tool.
I found GBPCHF only for bullish: all develiping patterns are showing bulling in for the future
As to GBPUSD so it is bullish for M15 and H1 timeframe:
and bearish for H8 and D1:
So, we should probably wait for GBPUSD.
Please enable the necessary setting in your browser, otherwise you will not be able to log in.