"stella"...i think you will like her - page 3

Its definately impressive. Even thou the dots change, the important thing to consider is does the trade yet move in a profitable direction before the arrow appears?

Im testing it on a 4 hour chart, lets hope it works.

But a few doubts yet remain...

1) After how many candles does the dot change its position?

2) What should the stop loss be (if any)? We know what the exit point should be, we need to figure out the stop loss.

Lets keep a close eye on the above 2 queries.

kev

The problem of the dot movement is the trade confirmation is not final. Hence when the dot appear it is just the indication of the trend not confirmation. There are cases the arrow appear after more than 5 candles from the dot, the different of pips can be 20 to 40 pips.

Normally the entry/exit trade start once the arrow appear. i.e up trend blue arrow appear signal buying of currency ( entry ) and closing of previous trade of the same pair ( exit ).

There is no standard rule on the SL, the SL depend very much on the TF being used. shorter TF lesser SL and via versa.

I have it on 1 hour and yes it looks nice

I cant say ive seen the dots move

i hv it on 1 hour gbpusd and eurusd

i kinda dont like not letting profits run but a pip + is a pip+

Its a nice little "thinking outside the square" system

as far as the dots moving... god I change my mind often too

the only real drawback with this would be in writing an expert

but im happy with a dot thats better than zig zag which can point out a possible repeat possible top or bottom

thanks for sharing//...

Shi_SilverTrendSigAlert.......

Stellaman, could you please clear up the comment written in English on Line 88, Col 28. It says:if (UD == SH_BUY) // Think there is a problem in the indicator. using Buy instead of sell

sAction = "Sell";

I am impressed with what you have achieved here and I am equally impressed with your generosity, however I noticed this morning that it was not giving the signal as I "expected" it to generate. Maybe it is just my lack of exposure to it, but your comments would be highly appreciated.

Best wishes.

I believe both of these indicators are entry indicators with the Silvertrend a bit later. So, it's sort of like exiting on the next (albeit slower) entrysignal.

Pip Trip:
I believe both of these indicators are entry indicators with the Silvertrend a bit later. So, it's sort of like exiting on the next (albeit slower) entrysignal.

Yes, I did notice that, my friend. Entries are what this business is about. I don't have problems with exits, but I think I have the hang of it now after studying it more intensely. I would still like to know about this comment, though.

I noticed that the dots move if you load it on say a 15 minute chart let the chart run for awhile, switch to a different time frame and come back to the 15 minute chart. The dots are in different places.

Today, I placed a sell trade on CHF, not long before the news. The trade reversed and my CHF was losing. Just a few minutes ago I wanted to see what the M30 looked like and then came back to the M15 and the original sell dot for the CHF has now moved 8 bars ahead of where it was when I placed the trade.

I really like this system because it's nice and simple. But I don't know how much the movement of the dots would affect the system.

Perky mentioned not liking letting the trades run for more pips. You could open with 2 lots and close one lot as per instructions of the system and let the other one run for more profit. Just a thought.

Check this out!

I was playing around with the setup ..and this is what i found.

Now i could be wrong but this seems to be THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!

I added the emacrosswithrsi indicator..now when you get a signal from the the arrows from the silver trend...look for the ones with two arrows. The second arrow is fromt he emacrosswith rsi....if both arrows are right on top of each other then signal is confirmed. Look at chart

Files:

jamfl_1999:
I was playing around with the setup ..and this is what i found.

Now i could be wrong but this seems to be THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!

I added the emacrosswithrsi indicator..now when you get a signal from the the arrows from the silver trend...look for the ones with two arrows. The second arrow is fromt he emacrosswith rsi....if both arrows are right on top of each other then signal is confirmed. Look at chart

Please explain the entry and exit using all three indicators as shown on your set up.

Entry and exit

I would enter ont he close of the candle that has the 2 arrows. Wether it it be buy or sell and take profit is about 20 pips and up. You could even take profit when the silvertrend dot appears

So enter on close of candle that 2 arrows appear. Then exit when silvertrend dot appears..does this make sense? Let me know...i'll see if i can explain it with pics.

Reason: