CatFx50 - page 462

Dave1:
Hey maties, if you spreadtrade (tax free gains) I have info on a new company who is providing us with 1pip spreads on the forex majors. It's not a one off, so I've been told by the representative. They intend keeping the spreads as low as that. I am in the process of opening an account with them myself. I know of others, who are reputable traders who have are done the same. The company is UK based. I am not getting any remuneration for this. I just think it might be useful to you all if you do any spreadtrading.

Hi Dave

This sounds very interesting. But on their site it says a spread of 3 for the EURUSD in the live quotes. Do they really have 1 pip spread?

Thanks

I just want to get an idea of how many lots people are trading in here. I know that nina once said she will trade around 5 lots. How about everyone else? imagine a 100 pip move with 5 lots.

nina:
Hi!!

Look at the length of histo bars you have from 08:00cet on EURUSD and the ones you have on USDCAD and AUDUSD. Something was going on there, don't you think? Besides that, USDCAD did not drop yesterday because $ was heavily bid.

So, what big boys did not want to do yesterday, they did it today. Look at USDCAD AND AUDUSD charts, they are text book.

Nina

Ah, yes. Length of the histograms.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Hi everyone,

I was reading Nina's conditions to make an entry with that system and I have a few questions about it.

Must the 1st candle be a white one ? Must its open price be below the EMA 50 (the lower shadow may only cross it) ?

What if the 2nd bar actually opens above the EMA 50, but closes below (it would make a black candle) ?

Moreover, is it mandatory to use other indicators besides StepMA_Stoch in order to filter out false signals ? Many many indicators are named in this thread, but I didn't read any comment on their utility and rules of utilization.

Regards,

Mark

Ok, thanks. This will be interesting.

Hi Eric, the spread of 1 pip begins on 1st June. You can get 1pip spread on the FTSE, CAC etc now I believe.

You can email: marvins@worldspreads.com

Get this, I have just spoke to Marvin and apparently they will give you back upto 250 pounds sterling in relation to your loss during that month. To be sure email Marvin or speak to someone at worldspreads.com I don't expect to make a loss though

Hi Chaps,

I hope all is well?

I have been on trade2win and afew other boards. This looks similar too others that i have used.

Yes you are correct 1 pip spread on FTSE/Dow/Dax/Cac/GBP/EUR/JPY only on the rollign contracts for the forseeable future. If you are serious about trading take a look.

Regards

MarvinS

From 1st of June onwards! At present we are 3 pips on Currencies however we offer the following currency pairs: GBP= EUR= JPY= CHF= AUD= CAD= NZD= SGD= all rolling. More on the IMM crosses! Then non Greenback crosses include CADJPY=R - CHFJPY=R - EURGBP=R - EURJPY=R - EURNOK= - EURSEK= - EURCHF= - EURHUF= - GBPJPY= - GBPCAD= all rolling + ALL the futures!

Commodities - XAU= spot 0.5pips - Copper fut 10pips - Silver fut 6pips

Light crude 8pips - Brent 8pips - A mix of grains and softs too!

Lead Bund,Shatz,Bobl, Gilts - 3 ticks!

Indices FTSE rolling 1 tick DAX 1 tick CAC 1 tick Wall St 1 tick

All the 1 points spreads will be on rolling contracts on the following markets from 1st of June onwards. FTSE/DAX/CAC/DOW/GBP/EUR/JPY/AUD.

Regards

MarvinS

Hi Mark, welcome aboard

Mark53:
Hi everyone,

Must the 1st candle be a white one ? Must its open price be below the EMA 50 (the lower shadow may only cross it) ?

The first candle can be either of them. What does this mean? --> (the lower shadow may only cross it)

The EMA 50 line can be crossed from above (a bear) or under (a bull)

What if the 2nd bar actually opens above the EMA 50, but closes below (it would make a black candle) ?

I don't get it. Is this a question pertaining to CatFX50, or more related to learning the basics of reading the charts? If it is, go to the newbie section and read at will.

BTW, if a candle opens above EMA 50 and closes under it, it is a bear candle. Candles that open low and close high are bulls, candles that open high and close low are bears.

Moreover, is it mandatory to use other indicators besides StepMA_Stoch in order to filter out false signals ? Many many indicators are named in this thread, but I didn't read any comment on their utility and rules of utilization.

Most of the indicators don't come with instruction manuals. You can gather some information by doing Web searches, or you can search the forum. If you simply install the indicators and examine them VS price action, you should get a good idea of how they work.

Regards,

Mark

moneyline

Reason: