CatFx50 - page 457

downunderdave40:
Do we have a level 1 on EUR at 9:00cet? Dave

I noticed there is a Level 1 signal. But the points did not go very far and back again. If I long there and did not get out soon, I may lost some pips. Could any body tell me, how to filter this kind of signal? How to determine the strength for this kind of signal.

I remembered that Nina has updated the system with adding the EMA200. At 9:00cet, the EMA50 is under the EMA 200 so the trend is down. So we do not trade long. Is this right to explain this Level1?

Thanks!

Shiningstar

New York May

23. Lower gold prices, and a bout of general dollar-driven profit taking has

USD/CHF attacking important resistance levels around 1.2200 (See 2340 ). Gold

on the Comex has dropped to a session low $641 per oz for the June contract, off

$20 since the opening. Momentum accounts, and CTAs have also been buying USD/CHF

to lighten up positions, as rumours continue to circulate throughout the markets

of hedge fund losses in commodities, precious metals and currencies.

An observation made by a senior FX man at a trading fund last week keeps ringing

in my ears. Amidst the initial "risk aversion" trades pounding EM last week, and

the Euro"s failure to break out topside he commented "This is it, the real

deal", the Dollar is going to rally from here. His explanation was that the

second part of the risk aversion trade is for traders to liquidate profitable

positions, and move to the sidelines. His observation was that the largest

position being run anywhere was short USD. His logic was that "they will

continue to take chips off the table". This and the large fund manager"s call

for a four month dollar-cycle low the week before last has this observer

watching the technicals carefully. Peter.Wadkins@thomson.com

shiningstar:
I noticed there is a Level 1 signal. But the points did not go very far and back again. If I long there and did not get out soon, I may lost some pips. Could any body tell me, how to filter this kind of signal? How to determine the strength for this kind of signal.

I remembered that Nina has updated the system with adding the EMA200. At 9:00cet, the EMA50 is under the EMA 200 so the trend is down. So we do not trade long. Is this right to explain this Level1?

Thanks!

Shiningstar

Hi Shiningstar,

The signal at 9 CET is perfectly good. You could have made some pips and then gotten out at news time.

About the EMA's:

What they mean is that price will tend to gather there. Just because one EMA is very near, or under the other, isn't the better observation. The bigger picture, is that when they are bunched up as they are (50, 120, etc, etc) the price will have more attraction to flow to that area.

The trend at 9 CET was up, as indicated by Hist_StepMA_Stoch. You could have taken that trade and made 30 or more pips. After that you could have made even more when the news came out, by going short.

moneyline

hey

someone here know ehat is the win/lose ratio of catfx50?

nina:
Stop on that short on USDCHF should be at 1.2185 bid.

I'll give the entry.

Nina

Now it has moved south by some 40 pips.

Was this some insider information that you had?

well iguess the forums ar efinally back. I just opened an account with fxcm but havn't placed any trades yet. Wish me luck.

The market is a little silent, awaiting the gdp announcements at 830est.

yeah

let see the results

if you lik ranging market like me

it is our chance

Yes, let's see what happens.

jwoger:
well iguess the forums ar efinally back. I just opened an account with fxcm but havn't placed any trades yet. Wish me luck.

Good luck, be careful. Tight ranging markets are not the best today.

moneyline

Reason: