CatFx50 - page 468

I think those yellow and blue lines are breakout lines. They're a custom indicator, i think i know them.

False Signals? 50ma Linea Weighted Close looks promising

Money, Nina, the first false trades on the chart above has prompted me to have a look at how the 50 Linear Weighted MA would have performed together with an adjustment to the Stoch_MA. I have set the 50 LWA to Weighted Close and the Stoch_MA kwatr to 0.7, calculated bars 500.

These settings would have made those two false signals 'Good' trades, ending with profits. I am using these setting for future trades. Your thoughts welcome.

downunderdave40:
Below I have attached a chart of CHF. Is the first circle (left side) a level 3 trade? It was bullish above 50EMA with green Step-Hist now it has come down through the 50EMA, blue candle opens below 50 but closes just above 50 EMA and Step_Stoch has turned red. Step_Hist stays red for 5 candles then price moves up and Step_Hist turns green

In the second circle (right side) it appears that the same thing is happening as in my first example. The only difference is the candle (first red candle) after the break of the 50 EMA clearly opens and closes below 50 EMA. There are 4 bars with Step_Stoch that are red and when price moves up through 50 EMA Step_Stoch turns blue.

Can someone tell me what level they think each trade is and why they think that way? More frequent crosses of the 50 EMA seem to happen on days when the market is choppy. One of the problems I have is I can't always tell if the market looks choppy or when price breaks the 50 EMA it looks like a clear signal (level1) that will move away from the 50 EMA. It's usually after the days candles have completed that I can see that the market was a choppy and I should have stayed on the sidelines. Hindsight is a wonderful thing in Forex trading, it makes Forex gurus look brillant. The problem is when this is happening on the right hand side of the chart with live candles it's not always easy to determine to stay out of the market. If anyone has any suggestions on how to determine choppy market conditions I would be appreciative to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi!!

I'am a little tired to keep explaining and posting the same thing day after day.

First circle: out of our trading time. (Level 1 trade)

Second circle: level 1, standard signal and the opening is more than 20 pips below EMA50. Riskier trade after a drop of almost 100 pips from the high.

Common sense, please.

Nina

Second circle:

eric79:
I think those yellow and blue lines are breakout lines. They're a custom indicator, i think i know them.

Those lines are from an indicator called SDX-TzBreaktout.

Nina

Dave1:
Money, Nina, the first false trades on the chart above has prompted me to have a look at how the 50 Linear Weighted MA would have performed together with an adjustment to the Stoch_MA. I have set the 50 LWA to Weighted Close and the Stoch_MA kwatr to 0.7, calculated bars 500. These settings would have made those two false signals 'Good' trades, ending with profits. I am using these setting for future trades. Your thoughts welcome.

Dave1,

Plot that on a chart at look at it during a whole month and then tell us what do you see.

THX.

Nina

jwoger:
Nina, can you give new levels to look out for? Thank you.

Hi, Jwoger!

You want it all!!

Anyway, here you are:

EURUSD, long (09:30CET) above pivot at 1.2802. Made a high at 1.2832. +30 pips.

EURUSD, short (15:30cet) below S1 at 1.2768. Made a low at 1.2700. + 68 pips.

USDCHF, short (09:30cet) below pivot at 1.2164. Made a low at 1.2137. + 27 pips.

USDCHF, long (15:30cet) at 1.2210. Made a high at 1.2299. + 89 pips.

(yes, and know a samrt one could say: "It was 20 pips above EMA50!!!" Yes, right. And I will say: "Didn't you see the strength, the rush, the push, the madness, the compulsive buying and so on....)

GBPUSD, short level 2 (11:30cet) at 1.8713. Made a low at 1.8576. + 137 pips.

Total= 351 pips.

And you could say know, "I do not want to take that level 2". Ok. Short it at 1.8702 (14:00cet). And you could also say: "It was before the news". Ok, short it at 1.8689 after the news at 15:00cet. At 14:30 it could not be possible to short it because of the slippage up. And I do not recommend to do it unless you see the world rocketing or dropping. Let the dust settle a little bit.

Nina

Hi Nina, with the 50 LWc as I see it the main difference is LWc tends to get earlier entry signals via the crossing of the Moving Average. The stoch_ma gives earlier signals than the original but not necessarily with a cross of the LWMA.

Also looked at the LWMA set at 'High' which also looks to get an ealier signal. I think the main difference is the earlier signals that are generated.

Overall I think the I think that the LWMA set to 'High' gives good earlier signals therefore helps omit false signals. It seems to work. There has to be a balance though.

OK I'm ready for a 'scathing'

Dave1:
Hi Nina, with the 50 LWc as I see it the main difference is LWc tends to get earlier entry signals via the crossing of the Moving Average. The stoch_ma gives earlier signals than the original but not necessarily with a cross of the LWMA.

Also looked at the LWMA set at 'High' which also looks to get an ealier signal. I think the main difference is the earlier signals that are generated.

Overall I think the I think that the LWMA set to 'High' gives good earlier signals therefore helps omit false signals. It seems to work. There has to be a balance though.

OK I'm ready for a 'scathing'

Ok. Post the sane chart with both EMAs. And you will see.

Nina

nina:
Ok. Post the sane chart with both EMAs. And you will see. Nina

BTW, it is very difficult to change anything when a system gives you 350 pips and not only a single day. When a system gives you money every day.

But we keep saying "that, this and so on". Learn to feel the market, learn to make catfx50 stronger. When I have a car, I tweak it, but I do not change its engine. It'd be another car if I did.

Sorry if I seem to be rude. I'm not. There are just a few people here that contribute. Just a few. This system has been translated into all the languages you can imagine. ALL!!!!!!!!!

It is seen all over the world. And just a few contribute. A lot of people, listen: A LOT OF PEOPLE, make real money with it. Nice, fresh and gorgeous money.

I'm getting tired.

Here you have the core of it. Take profits from it till it last.

Nina

Hi Nina,

First of all, I would like to said thank you for the wonderful system. Not only it is free but also for your patient in trying to explain your wonderful system to all of us. For some of us newbie, we are not well adapt in programing or because of our limited in English, we tend to be the silence, the watcher, or the background learner. I am deeply sorry if it offend you in anyway. In short, I would like again,

THANKS FOR THE PIPS.

Reason: