Scalping - page 5

Been testing this EA. Tried using the set file, and some different settings like 6, 15, 20.

I think it has potential actually, but the EA is not trading the way it should, see image.

Files:
au2.gif  25 kb

jayjonbeach:
Been testing this EA. Tried using the set file, and some different settings like 6, 15, 20. I think it has potential actually, but the EA is not trading the way it should, see image.

Thanks Jayjonbeach,

To be honest never looked at the what determined the buy and sell just added the ecn and 5 digit code, but looking at your results, need to look at that too.

Thanks again!

judec:
Hi! Can you tell me wich settings you use for your EA, thanksjude

its not my ea but just modified by me. On M5,use the setfile i attached and set MAXORDERS to whatever number you want to open at a time. But on m1,i have seen wonders with this setfile and also one wrong entry can give u a huge dd. I use on gbpusd now m5 with that setfile cos gbpusd is really good for counter-trend scalping.Do ur backtests using different timeframes and maxorders and u might get what u are looking for.

mrtools:
Thanks Jayjonbeach,To be honest never looked at the what determined the buy and sell just added the ecn and 5 digit code, but looking at your results, need to look at that too.Thanks again!

Mrtools,adding tickchart as a filter would eliminate wrong entry. If you can make this happen,we might have a potential robot here.

jayjonbeach:
Been testing this EA. Tried using the set file, and some different settings like 6, 15, 20. I think it has potential actually, but the EA is not trading the way it should, see image.

two heads are better than one. Maybe if we all put hands together and test it,we can come up with a way to set things right.

Tp

hello,

how can I increase TP a bit, the TP is 1 pip now, but most of that is absorbed into commission..

thx in advance.

makreel:
hello,how can I increase TP a bit, the TP is 1 pip now, but most of that is absorbed into commission..thx in advance.

the amount of commission should make u calculate ur tp. Put ur tp=5. That should be ok.

A lot of brokers will disble these type of scalping Eas

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Press review

Sergey Golubev, 2014.03.07 09:08

Who Can Trade a Scalping Strategy? (based on dailyfx article)

• Scalpers look to trade session momentum
  • Scalpers do not have to be high frequency traders
  • Anyone can scalp with an appropriate trading plan

The term scalping elicits different preconceived connotations to different traders. Despite what you may already think, scalping can be a viable short term trading methodology for anyone. So today we will look at what exactly is scalping, and who can be successful with a scalping based strategy.

What is a Scalper?

So you’re interested in scalping? A Forex scalper is considered anyone that takes one or more positions throughout a trading day. Normally these positions are based around short term market fluctuations as price gathers momentum during a particular trading session. Scalpers look to enter the market, and preferably exit positions prior to the market close.

Normally scalpers employ technical trading strategies utilizing short term support and resistance levels for entries. While normally fundamentals don’t factor into a scalpers trading plan, it is important to keep an eye on the economic calendar to see when news may increase the market’s volatility.

High Frequency Trading

There is a strong misconception that all scalpers are high frequency traders. So how many trades a day does it take to be considered a scalper? Even though high frequency traders ARE scalpers, in order for you to qualify as a scalper you only need to take 1 position a day! That is one of the benefits of scalping. You can trade as much or as little as you like within a giving trading period.

This also falls in line with one of the benefits of the Forex market. Due to the 24Hr trading structure of Forex, you can scalp the market at your convenience. Take advantage of the quiet Asia trading session, or the volatile New York – London overlap. Trade as much or as little as you like. As a scalper the choice is ultimately yours to make!

Risks

There are always risks associated with trading. Whether you are a short term, long term, or any kind of trader in between any time you open a position you should work on managing your risk. This is especially true for scalpers. If the market moves against you suddenly due to news or another factor, you need to have a plan of action for limiting your losses.

There are other misconceptions that scalpers are very aggressive traders prone to large losses. One way to help combat this is to make scalping a mechanical process. This means that all of your decisions regarding entries, exits, trade size, leverage and other factors should be written down and finalized before approaching the charts. Most scalpers look to risk 1% or even less of their account balance on any one position taken!

Who can Scalp?

So this brings us to the final question. Who can be a scalper? The answer is anyone with the dedication to develop a trading strategy and the time to implement that strategy on any given trading day.

=================

Trading examples

Metaquotes demo 

GoMarkets broker, initial deposit is 1,000

Alpari UK broker initial deposit is 1,000

RoboForex broker initial deposit is 1,000

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2018.04.05 16:42

Just some useful tools/information about scalping - 

------------------

Reason: