Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 19

can u help me how to change lot size ?

pawankinha:

can u help me how to change lot size ?

Please read a little, all is in the topic.

Sorry if this question has already been answered...

but I am having trouble  subscribing to a signal,

the first message that I get reads:

" The volume of copied trade operations may not coincide with the initial volume of trade operations at Provider side.
Volume settings of the following symbols are different: EURUSD, EURJPY, GBPUSD, USDJPY, GBPJPY, USDCHF, NZDUSD, GBPCHF, USDCAD, CADJPY, EURGBP

It is recommended to use the signals with matching trading conditions."

Im not exactly sure why but no matter which signal I chose I always see the same message and I selected ones that are close to my balance

But ...

Once I figure out how to follow a signal

I have a account balance of  $50,000usd and I want to use two standard lots on each trade.

can some one please tell me the correct settings to use in order to achieve this?

thank you for your help

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Can mql5 add feature where reviews of signal are also converted to English when using English version of the website ? I just dropped an email but if guess if more and more people just raise a Service Request they might add it instant, it is a matter of conversion while rending review tab.

meforextoo:

Sorry if this question has already been answered...

but I am having trouble  subscribing to a signal,

the first message that I get reads:

" The volume of copied trade operations may not coincide with the initial volume of trade operations at Provider side.
Volume settings of the following symbols are different: EURUSD, EURJPY, GBPUSD, USDJPY, GBPJPY, USDCHF, NZDUSD, GBPCHF, USDCAD, CADJPY, EURGBP

It is recommended to use the signals with matching trading conditions."

Im not exactly sure why but no matter which signal I chose I always see the same message and I selected ones that are close to my balance

But ...

Once I figure out how to follow a signal

I have a account balance of  $50,000usd and I want to use two standard lots on each trade.

can some one please tell me the correct settings to use in order to achieve this?

thank you for your help

Can you post your log (Journal  tab) ?

gurmeetb:
Can mql5 add feature where reviews of signal are also converted to English when using English version of the website ? I just dropped an email but if guess if more and more people just raise a Service Request they might add it instant, it is a matter of conversion while rending review tab.
You can use automatic translation to read all reviews.

Hello all,

I come here to open this topic to as the community to review the current rules for fee-based signal. 

Regarding the FAQs at  this topic, I see that there are many points which do not protect subscribers' account, and sometimes these rules help providers to earn money by destroying their account and get all locked money from his subscribers. The detail is as  follows:

• Point 10: "Can I cancel a paid subscription?
    If Subscriber cancels his subscription, frozen money will be transferred to Provider. In this case, Subscriber will receive a clear warning:
  • Point 20: "Can I unsubscribe from the Signal in the same way I subscribed to it?
    You can cancel the Signal subscription in My Subscriptions on https://www.mql5.com/en/signals or directly in the terminal: see MetaTrader 5 Help → User Interface → Toolbox → Signals: Unsubscribe from Signal. If you unsubscribe from a fee-based Signal, the amount blocked in your account for payment of the subscription fee will be deducted from your account upon canceling the subscription."
  • As described in the above points, in any cases, if a subscribers cancel his subscription, his subscription fee is transferred to the signal provider account. So let say there is a signal provider has more than 1000 subscribers, each contributes $30/month. Assuming that his current real account has $10,000, then he decides to earn money quickly, he will then trade carelessly in order to have all subscribers' burnt and unsubscribe his signal --> As a result, he will gain >$30,000, much more than his current account balance.
  • I requested to review this rule, since I did aware that there is a provider who did convert his signal from the free to real one, and right after that (when he has enough subscribers), his drawdown increased from ~15-20% to more than 60% of his account  balance. Also, many trades were opened on big-news release day.
  • What I suggest is to adapt these rules so that they can protect subscribers from careless signal providers. What I suggest is as follows:
    • In case cancellation: a portion of blocked amount will be transferred to the signal provider account. E.g.: if one did subscribe for 2 days, then he will be removed 2/30 of his total blocked credit. The remaining amount can return to subscribers' account, OR can goes to the MQL5 account (which is still better than goes to the signal provider's account as I explained before)
    • OR if it is possible, only pay for profitable signal providers only, and remove all fee from his losing positions. This is similar to .
    • OR ... (your suggestion)
Please check if the above suggestion is acceptable. Sorry for my English :-)
Trading signals
Trading signals
  • www.mql5.com
Trading Signals for MetaTrader: social trading, mirror trading, copy trading and account monitoring

nhocconan:

Hello all,

I come here to open this topic to as the community to review the current rules for fee-based signal. 

Regarding the FAQs at  this topic, I see that there are many points which do not protect subscribers' account, and sometimes these rules help providers to earn money by destroying their account and get all locked money from his subscribers. The detail is as  follows:

• Point 10: "Can I cancel a paid subscription?
    If Subscriber cancels his subscription, frozen money will be transferred to Provider. In this case, Subscriber will receive a clear warning:
  • Point 20: "Can I unsubscribe from the Signal in the same way I subscribed to it?
    You can cancel the Signal subscription in My Subscriptions on https://www.mql5.com/en/signals or directly in the terminal: see MetaTrader 5 Help → User Interface → Toolbox → Signals: Unsubscribe from Signal. If you unsubscribe from a fee-based Signal, the amount blocked in your account for payment of the subscription fee will be deducted from your account upon canceling the subscription."
  • As described in the above points, in any cases, if a subscribers cancel his subscription, his subscription fee is transferred to the signal provider account. So let say there is a signal provider has more than 1000 subscribers, each contributes $30/month. Assuming that his current real account has $10,000, then he decides to earn money quickly, he will then trade carelessly in order to have all subscribers' burnt and unsubscribe his signal --> As a result, he will gain >$30,000, much more than his current account balance.
  • I requested to review this rule, since I did aware that there is a provider who did convert his signal from the free to real one, and right after that (when he has enough subscribers), his drawdown increased from ~15-20% to more than 60% of his account  balance. Also, many trades were opened on big-news release day.
  • What I suggest is to adapt these rules so that they can protect subscribers from careless signal providers. What I suggest is as follows:
    • In case cancellation: a portion of blocked amount will be transferred to the signal provider account. E.g.: if one did subscribe for 2 days, then he will be removed 2/30 of his total blocked credit. The remaining amount can return to subscribers' account, OR can goes to the MQL5 account (which is still better than goes to the signal provider's account as I explained before)
    • OR if it is possible, only pay for profitable signal providers only, and remove all fee from his losing positions. This is similar to .
    • OR ... (your suggestion)
Please check if the above suggestion is acceptable. Sorry for my English :-)

I know of this signal provider. He got 1000 plus subscribers in 2 days of making it PAID and screwed all 1000+ subscribers. Also he is just trying to end up his account so all subscribers money can easily flow to his account. I guess MQL5 should put standard way of paying providers, the way this guy suggest. You block for a month but pay based on days service used if subscriber cancels subscriptions.

Also add feature to map new account on subscription. I don't understand how does it matter what account a subscriber wants to map to the provider. it should be subscribers decision and he/she should be free to choose the account the signals should flow to. I understand MQL5 gets paid 20% of fees, as i read rules. But MQL5 being a medium provider should support subscribers and not providers.

HI,

I was just testing the signal service here, but three trades were not closed and I had to close them manually.

Any reason for that? How can I troubleshoot it?

Apologies if this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find the answer:

In the drawdown stats for a signal, what is the difference between the "Relative" drawdown and the "Max DD by equity"?

Thanks ...

Reason: