- expected +0.3% prior was +0.1%, revised from +0.2%
The Australia Bureau of Statistics report:
- In seasonally adjusted terms, there were rises in food retailing (0.7 per cent), other retailing (1.4 per cent) and cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.3 per cent).
- Department stores (0.0 per cent) was relatively unchanged.
- There were falls in household goods retailing (-1.1 per cent) and clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-1.2 per cent) in May 2016.
- The trend estimate for Australian retail turnover rose 0.2 per cent in May 2016 following a 0.2 per cent rise in April 2016.
- Compared to May 2015, the trend estimate rose 3.3 per cent.
more to come