Guide to Today's Important Data and Events
Not many economic dockets scheduled for today and some with high risks associated.
Data released so far –
- Australia – Consumer inflation expectations for May declined to 3.2% from 3.6% prior.
- Japan – Eco watchers survey will be published at 5:00 GMT.
- Germany – Wholesale price index will be released at 6:00 GMT. Prior -2.6% y/y.
- France - Consumer price index for April will be released at 6:45 GMT.
- Euro Zone – Industrial production for March will be released at 9:00 GMT. Prior 0.8% y/y.
- UK – Bank of England will announce monetary policy and release quarterly inflation report at 11:00 GMT. Governor Carney is scheduled to speak at 11:45 GMT. EIA will release natural gas inventory report at 14:30 GMT. Boston FED president Rosengren will be speaking at 15:45 GMT. Esther George is scheduled to speak at 17:30 GMT.
- United States – Weekly jobless claims report will be released at 12:30 GMT, along with terms of trade.
- Canada – New housing price index will be released at 12:30 GMT.
- New Zealand – First quarter retail sales report will be released at 22:45 GMT. Prior 1.2% y/y.