Guide to Today's Important Data and Events
Lots of economic dockets scheduled for today and only few with high risks associated.
Data released so far –
- Australia – Import price index declined -3% in first quarter while export prices have -4.7%.
- Japan – Bank of Japan (BOJ) kept monetary policy unchanged with interest rates at -0.1% and asset purchase program at ¥80 trillion.
- Japan – Housing starts report and construction orders for March will be released at 5:00 GMT.
- China – CB leading economic index will be released in December.
- United Kingdom – Nationwide housing prices will be released at 6:00 GMT. GFK consumer confidence will be released at 23:00 GMT.
- Spain – First quarter unemployment report will be released at 7:00 GMT, along with HICP for April.
- Italy – Wage inflation will be released at 8:00 GMT.
- Greece – Retail sales for February and producer price index for March will be released at 9:00 GMT.
- Euro Zone – Euro Zone sentiment which includes industrial confidence, services sentiment, consumer confidence, economic sentiment and business climate will be released at 9:00 GMT.
- Portugal – Business and consumer confidence will be released today.
- Germany – HICP inflation reading for April will be released at 12:00 GMT.
- United States – Weekly jobless claims report will be released at 12:30 GMT, along with first quarter GDP number. EIA will release weekly natural gas inventory report at 14:30 GMT. Kansas FED manufacturing index will be released at 15:00 GMT.
- New Zealand – Building permits will be released at 22:45 GMT.
The material has been provided by InstaForex Company - www.instaforex.com