Morning in Tokyo, time to wheel out the taking heads.
Japan finance minister Aso:
- Government to coordinate with G7 in responding to recent mkt moves
- Will take a while for monetary policy effects to materialise, need to keep watch on it
- Not considering additional economic steps now to respond to Q4 GDP contraction
Japan economy minister Ishihara:
- Need more time to analyse impact of BOJ's negative rate policy
- BOJ's negative rate policy intended to keep money flowing through economy
- BOJ negative rate policy shows strong will to beat deflation
On the basis of these remarks, no plans for more fiscal stimulus nor monetary stimulus. The half-life of these sorts of comments is short.