MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 957

[Deleted]
Hi all, i just came across this wonderful indicator on another website, it's perfect for closing trades without losing much pips, but i need help on how i can add it to my EA code. to use it, A trade must be closed as soon as the value of the red histogram line is greater than the yellow line, but i...
Hi,  I want to display different functions depending on whether I am using a candlestick chart or a line chart. So is there a function to tell me which is being displayed? thanks 
Hi, I need my EA finds all the losing orders closed in the last 30 minutes, and returns me the total lost (in cash), so it can place an order to hedge that amount. Example: It runs the search routine and in the last 30 minutes there are found 3 sell orders which were losers. Order A lost $100 Order...
//---- indicator settings #property indicator_separate_window #property indicator_buffers 5 #property indicator_color1 Aqua #property indicator_color2 Lime #property indicator_color3 Red #property indicator_color4 Maroon #property indicator_color5 Maroon #property indicator_width1 2
[Deleted]
I often ignored "Modelling quality" in Test report. I read much on this site on the so-called "Modelling quality" (presented in %), but honestly speaking I understand nothing about it. Should you kindly just tell me how important it is, what if a report with Modelling quality is 25% and another is...
[Deleted]
  Newbe  (3)
Hi, I am a total newbe to writing any king of automation, I have several trading ideas I would like to try automated,  where would be a good place to start learning from scratch? Thanks, ScottC 
[Deleted]
I had MT4 before and had no problems with testing EA, but when i reinstalled my pc, i had to reinstall MT4. Now i set max bars in history to max allowed so i could do some testing, after setting max bar in history to max, i downloaded history from history center. Now i cant test nothing in year 2012...
Hi I am backtesting my EA in 15min timeframe and I get different results just because I backtest once in visual mode and once in non visual modes? Everything(!) stays the same only the “Visual mode” of the Strategy Tester is either enabled or disabled? The Stops and Targets of the 19 to 20 trades...
[Deleted]
I'm getting this error when I backtest. I think there's a problem handing off the ticket to OrderClose() (obviously). I've just been throwing everything I can at it, but can't figure it out.   Any ideas? Here's (part of) my code:   if (!ExistPositions())   {      if (tenkanSen > kijunSen && openSen...
  Nibiru  (154   1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16)
Fellow human beings, can anyone responsibly state what to expect from this miracle
I want save results of counting to use them when next tick induce reaction in EA and there will be next counting. A Variable that will still have a value from last counting to the next counting even when meantime course will change. Even better if it will still have this value when i shut down...
[Deleted]
Hi ,   Need help here. I am changing my trading acccount to another new one.  I try cut and paste old template .tpl file to my new account. But it does not seems to work. How do I make it works? Look like the person that I have buy the template have somehow lock it to the old account, making it...
[Deleted]
  insert MA  (2)
I have in window 1 RSI and want to insert into window 1 a MA. I did not find a possibility to do that in MT4 and I was told that is not possible. Is that true?
how to check profit from multiple magicnumbers in one EA? fex: magicnumber1 +  magicnumber2 +  magicnumber3 >0 i need this function to close all these open orders in profit ... is there any better way to do this? bool magic1=false;bool magic2=false;bool magic3=false;        for(int cc1=OrdersTotal()...
[Deleted]
I downloaded MT4 platform from this site (mql4.com) and open an account As I saw, a Server of FXCM detected and linked to my account. What I wonder is why Metaquotes doesn't have his own Server, instead of linking to a Server of some broker Can I open an account with any server (of any broker) that...
[Deleted]
confused am I:  I ask due to Global Variables. This article Synchronization of Expert Advisors, Scripts and Indicators was very helpful regards multi EA instances and the money management implications. But, I am curious about the atomic nature of GV's especially IF Terminal can move to prog...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a problem with a line of code: I want to execute the code inside the if only if the ticket is a trade is in the history: it is close, but does not works. Where is my miskake? if(OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_HISTORY)==true){ .. code } the code insede the if block is executed...
[Deleted]
Dear all, I try to write a short program, but I have a problem: I have to put a combination of drawings in front (5 out of 37, without putting back)! Does anyone know a way how I can get all possible combinations (=435897 !!) in only a few steps? It would be great if anyone with some more knowledge
Hi, I have one EA working and I'm trying to modify one order, the case is as follows: I want to select an order and modify their volume. For example if I have a working order BUY sent to volume 1 and I want to select it and close half of its volume, ie I select this order BUY of volume 1, and modify...
[Deleted]
I am getting error 138 when backtesting this robot. I am not sure what the problem is.  Am I supposed to apply RefreshRates() somewhere?  Please take a look at my code, any help would be appreciated....
//+-----------------------------------------------------------------+#define MAGICMA  20050610extern double Lots               = 0.1;extern double MaximumRisk        = 0.02;extern double DecreaseFactor     = 3;extern double MovingPeriod       = 12;extern double MovingShift        = 6;extern double...
I have an MQL4 function that plots an arrow object on a chart for backtesting purposes. I am working on another function that writes whether the next 15 bars after the object closed up or down and I am running into problems...  The up/down stats written to the file don't mesh with what I see on the...
[Deleted]
Yes, how is everyone! I'm an old common stock investor who always used volume as the acid test for timing(direction is highly manipulated, so I have a few tricks). Back in the early 80's(yep, I'm old) I wrote my indicators in GWBasic, with all the various volumes as my main architecture. I now...
Hi everyone, I just start working with mql4 1 week now and I found some issues when running Strategy Tester (the window when we press Ctrl - R). Normally with Alert function, a small window will appear when running this command. But when I running Tester, nothing appear. I think other functions...
Hi all : I am a newbie to the MT4 programming. I have read through most of the MT4 book but I wasn't able to find any way to loop through the indicator array. I have two questions. 1. the first question is how to loop into the indicator efficiently. For example, I have a fractal indicator and I
[Deleted]
Hi all, I'm new to MQL4 and have been working on my very first EA, which is Ichimoku based. The robot seems to open the trade at the proper signal, but then keeps opening trades all the way down the bar. The trades are not closed until the very end of the testing period. I have tried setting a
Here is a link about someone installed MT4 on Windows 8 PC successfully: https://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-4/34635-windows-8-mt4.html    For guys have this question and want to install MT4 on Windows 8.
Hi,  I try to define a global variable with initial value like this: #define A = 0x1;#define B = 0x2; extern int X = A|B;  I get a compilation error that says that , or ; are expected instead of the |.   When trying to to the same in a function, everything works great:  int foo(){   int X = A|B;...
[Deleted]
Hey guys, I've been looking at several examples of code but not quite what I've been looking for. The problem is mine is so simple and the others are so complex. I have an indicator which runs a calculation based on current/past price and stores the final value in a buffer, which is printed as a...