MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 957

Does anyone have a completed working EA for MT5 that was converted from MT4? Ive looked at the example Wizard MT5 EAs and those are just way too complicated and use C++ with pointers to functions bla bla bla on and on terseness that drives me to suicide. I just need a nice clean straight conversion...
Hi, I want to draw an horizontal line which is only valid for the actual day. What do I have to write for ?????? ObjectCreate(name,OBJ_HLINE,0,Time[0],high,?????,high);
Hi: I have developed several EAs (3) and would like your comment on the results Here are 3 different ea's (lot size is set to 0.10)
[Deleted]
Would it be possible to modify the display of the RSI indicator to look like MACD histogram? If yes how? So far I only changed the Set Index Style to DRAW HISTOGRAMM but what I want is the 50 level of the RSI act like the 0 level of the MACD with postive and negative values as shown in the pic
[Deleted]
Does any 1 know how i can conduct a 1:1 leverage; i.e. dont want to use leverage? Adham
Hi guys, Just trying to build a doji detector for Heiken Ashi using iCustom. bool check_for_heiken_doji() { double HAHigh = NormalizeDouble(iCustom(NULL,0,"Heiken Ashi", 0, 0), Digits); double HALow = NormalizeDouble(iCustom(NULL,0,"Heiken Ashi", 1, 0), Digits); double HAOpen =...
how can i use different time period charts in a code? Ex: I want to test M1,M5,M15,M30 in one code, how can i do that? Thanks
I hope someone can help. I am automating functional operation test of EAs after version updates from a command line and using set files. (see Help>Help topics>Tools> configurations at start up) I am running a windows 7 power shell command (not as administrator) where I set the start and end dates...
[Deleted]
.. when i set max slippage to 0? int ticket;double iAsk = Ask;     ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,iAsk,0,0,0,""+iAsk,0,0,Green);     if(ticket<0)       {        Print("OrderSend failed with error #",GetLastError());        return(0);       }     This code will put the iAsk (thus Ask price) in...
Hello to All, Here I am with a code that works fine, but it is not closing properly. The closing strategy started with an idea for all positions to close if the price reached, 1*iATR, a signal for a profitable close. And if the price moved agaisnt the trade by, 2*iATR, a signal for a StopLoss. As I...
I want to open say 4 or 5 buy/sell trades at different price for the same pair and then use trailing stop to close them. Currently, my EA close the trades at different trailing price, but, I need all the open trades to be closed at the same trailing stop price of my first opened trade. For example,...
[Deleted]
I am working on a custom indicator in MT4. I have pseudocode written for my indicator, but the problem is I need it to take price data from several currency pairs and compile them in the same indicator window. Is this technically possible with MT4? Or is a given indicator only able to accept price...
  indicator file  (2)
How do I convert an EX4 file to an mq4 file so that I can read the code?
[Deleted]
extern double BaseLot = 0.1;extern int StopLoss = 50;extern int TakeProfit = 50;extern double MagicBUY = 12345;extern double MagicSELL = 54321;double ManualMultiply=1;int Every_day_open = -1; //int Every_day_close = -1; //???????int start(){           every_day_open();    every_day_close();    }void...
[Deleted]
void OpenLong(double Price){ RefreshRates();  if(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK)<=Price){  OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, 0.10, MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK), 0, 0, 0, "", 0, 0, Blue);}  return(0);  } This is the code which i want to use to open a long, with restriction that the orderopenprice can be up...
  Takeprofit value  (4)
Hi, maybe simple question but: i'm opennig ticket with: ticketId = OpenTicket(symbol, isBuy, Lots, StopLossPips, TakeProfitPips); how can I get StopLossPips, TakeProfitPips prize from running trade?
  Problems checking for open trade  (76   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Hey there I have added this to my code to check if there is an open trade already. The problem is the code will execute one trade and that's it. Can anybody see a problem with this code. I am not a super expert with programing // Check for open trades for(int cnt=OrdersTotal()-1;cnt>=0;cnt--) {
Title says it all. This is what I am using, but I seem to be running into issues with brokers who minimum trail is 0.00003 rather than 0.00030. if (TrailingStop < (MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL)/ broker_digits + MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SPREAD)/ broker_digits +1)){ //checks if trail is <...
dose any one have the indicator that will write the difference between open & close on every candle on chart ?
I was wondering if someone knows exactly what is the meaning behind the Value of Trade Operations : e.g. https://docs.mql4.com/constants/trading Does it mean that operations with lower value has higher priority during the execution of the program ? or something else ?
What are the limitations with MT4's Expert Advisers? Can you create an EA that trades a 5 minute chart of the EUR/USD based upon custom indicators or scripts from a 1 hour chart of the EUR/GBP?
[Deleted]
Hi guys. I want ask for help. I have indicator that alert me always on every candle when ADX main line is aiming up. Problem is that I want only alert on the first candle when this ADX is stating aiming up. I don't need it every candle because it is very annoying. Can anybody help me what I must add...
[Deleted]
Hello All! As I mentioned in my previous posts, im a total newbie, and my questions might seem stupid for some of you, but could you please explain me, if there is any way to modify take profit & stop loss levels according to the daily range of a currency(maybe using average true range, or average...
The Topic about says it: How can I get an EA to close the chart it is on after the last trade on it closes ? Thanks for any and all assistance.
  Lot size calculation  (22   1 2 3)
Hi there, I'm trying to figure something out but ... I'll try to explain. I have $50000 account and I prefer to risk on every trade 3% of it. This is $1500. The standard lot normally yields $10 for 1 pip. Right ? So divide 1500 by 10 means I have 150 pips price channel for the market which I can...
Hi, I can't understand, what I am doing wrong! First I send an order without TP and SL. After that I use this function: void Order_modify()  {   double spread = Ask-Bid;      for(int i=0;i<=OrdersTotal();i++)     {      if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false) break;      if(OrderSymbol()...
[Deleted]
Hello, I just built my first EA, and I tried to test it in the strategy tester. Data is complete, other EA work on the same properties on GBPJPY nad GBPUSD, so I dont understand why isnt my EA working? It turns out that the EA did not open any trades on these pairs, where as it does work correctly...
[Deleted]
This happens to me occasionally and I can't figure out why. I've searched throughout the forum and tried numerous changes for the last hour and can't figure it out: I keep getting a "Open_Short - variable not defined" error...whereas my Open_Long variable works perfectly. Obviously they're both...
I have been backtesting my EA with a GMT shift of +2 as Alpari is currently GMT+2 In the winter they will change to GMT+1. Would I need to change the GMT shift to +1 then, or keep it as it is? I am confused as to if the results when backtesting during GMT+1 time would be the same as testing now with...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am a newbie on MT4, but a client requires development with MT4 API. Is there a way to run a free demo and unlimited version. This would be to build a Development environment, not commercial version of course. Many Thanks