MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 959

[Deleted]
Hi ,   Need help here. I am changing my trading acccount to another new one.  I try cut and paste old template .tpl file to my new account. But it does not seems to work. How do I make it works? Look like the person that I have buy the template have somehow lock it to the old account, making it...
[Deleted]
  insert MA  (2)
I have in window 1 RSI and want to insert into window 1 a MA. I did not find a possibility to do that in MT4 and I was told that is not possible. Is that true?
how to check profit from multiple magicnumbers in one EA? fex: magicnumber1 +  magicnumber2 +  magicnumber3 >0 i need this function to close all these open orders in profit ... is there any better way to do this? bool magic1=false;bool magic2=false;bool magic3=false;        for(int cc1=OrdersTotal()...
[Deleted]
I downloaded MT4 platform from this site (mql4.com) and open an account As I saw, a Server of FXCM detected and linked to my account. What I wonder is why Metaquotes doesn't have his own Server, instead of linking to a Server of some broker Can I open an account with any server (of any broker) that...
[Deleted]
confused am I:  I ask due to Global Variables. This article Synchronization of Expert Advisors, Scripts and Indicators was very helpful regards multi EA instances and the money management implications. But, I am curious about the atomic nature of GV's especially IF Terminal can move to prog...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a problem with a line of code: I want to execute the code inside the if only if the ticket is a trade is in the history: it is close, but does not works. Where is my miskake? if(OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_HISTORY)==true){ .. code } the code insede the if block is executed...
[Deleted]
Dear all, I try to write a short program, but I have a problem: I have to put a combination of drawings in front (5 out of 37, without putting back)! Does anyone know a way how I can get all possible combinations (=435897 !!) in only a few steps? It would be great if anyone with some more knowledge
Hi, I have one EA working and I'm trying to modify one order, the case is as follows: I want to select an order and modify their volume. For example if I have a working order BUY sent to volume 1 and I want to select it and close half of its volume, ie I select this order BUY of volume 1, and modify...
[Deleted]
I am getting error 138 when backtesting this robot. I am not sure what the problem is.  Am I supposed to apply RefreshRates() somewhere?  Please take a look at my code, any help would be appreciated....
//+-----------------------------------------------------------------+#define MAGICMA  20050610extern double Lots               = 0.1;extern double MaximumRisk        = 0.02;extern double DecreaseFactor     = 3;extern double MovingPeriod       = 12;extern double MovingShift        = 6;extern double...
I have an MQL4 function that plots an arrow object on a chart for backtesting purposes. I am working on another function that writes whether the next 15 bars after the object closed up or down and I am running into problems...  The up/down stats written to the file don't mesh with what I see on the...
[Deleted]
Yes, how is everyone! I'm an old common stock investor who always used volume as the acid test for timing(direction is highly manipulated, so I have a few tricks). Back in the early 80's(yep, I'm old) I wrote my indicators in GWBasic, with all the various volumes as my main architecture. I now...
Hi everyone, I just start working with mql4 1 week now and I found some issues when running Strategy Tester (the window when we press Ctrl - R). Normally with Alert function, a small window will appear when running this command. But when I running Tester, nothing appear. I think other functions...
Hi all : I am a newbie to the MT4 programming. I have read through most of the MT4 book but I wasn't able to find any way to loop through the indicator array. I have two questions. 1. the first question is how to loop into the indicator efficiently. For example, I have a fractal indicator and I
[Deleted]
Hi all, I'm new to MQL4 and have been working on my very first EA, which is Ichimoku based. The robot seems to open the trade at the proper signal, but then keeps opening trades all the way down the bar. The trades are not closed until the very end of the testing period. I have tried setting a
Here is a link about someone installed MT4 on Windows 8 PC successfully: https://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-4/34635-windows-8-mt4.html    For guys have this question and want to install MT4 on Windows 8.
Hi,  I try to define a global variable with initial value like this: #define A = 0x1;#define B = 0x2; extern int X = A|B;  I get a compilation error that says that , or ; are expected instead of the |.   When trying to to the same in a function, everything works great:  int foo(){   int X = A|B;...
[Deleted]
Hey guys, I've been looking at several examples of code but not quite what I've been looking for. The problem is mine is so simple and the others are so complex. I have an indicator which runs a calculation based on current/past price and stores the final value in a buffer, which is printed as a...
[Deleted]
  RSI import do EA  (3)
Hi Simple question. I would like to import standard RSI to my EA In my EA i have : Red = iCustom ( NULL , 0 , "RSI" , 0 , 0 , 0 ); Rsi indicator looks like : //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| RSI.mq4 |
thanks for syntax checker program .i will use it. i have a big problem with objects. dealed with it all week. at the below program   there are are two objects which were created with objectcreate function. at the first tick (at start) ea understands the condition and draws first object and then the...
[Deleted]
Hello sorry for my english, i'm spanish and my enclgish isn't very good Can someone help me please, I have a custom Moving Average , and i like if it is possible put into the setting put hour in this indicator. Put 00:00 GMT and modify this value Thank you
Hello I feel sure that there is an answer in a post somewhere to my problem - but I cannot find it despite a search. Basically a custom indicator displays different values for one of the indicator lines (thick line, purple/Plum) when dropped onto StrategyTester in visual mode. The indicator line is...
Hi All, I have tried different ways of writing 'Alert' indicators that do NOT keep alerting when you change timeframes - this is very annoying and occurs primarily because any flags that are set to prevent more than one alert are reset by the deinit() function if you change timeframe. The only...
Dear forum members, it is no secret that the question of finding the dependencies that describe the basic patterns of the market is an important one. Here we will try to approach this question by all available means of analysis, including various proposals of the participants on this matter and the
'The meta-language of graphical line-pricing. Trading and skilled trading instruction ' Semi-automatic, really trades manually and in a tester. Start with the tester. It's very addictive, even more so than such popular workplace games, like Toad or Montezuma's Treasures. It's awkward to post
Hi all,  I am new to EA programming. I have bought an EA. In tester, it is very profitable, but when comes to live trading, it did not open any single trade for 3 weeks. I have done lots of optimization on settings value of the ea, change to ecn broker, 5 digits broker..etc.. but still nothing works...
[Deleted]
but the code isnt in metaquote language.  
Hi, I'm going to develop an EA to copy among my accounts, I see I could do that with a file text management among the accounts, using the text file as the vehicle with the information to copy. But, to do this with other MT4s in other computers, which is the technique to implement? should I use a...
[Deleted]
Is there a way to calculate the number of pips a single open trade has to move into draw down to hit the stop out level of the account? Thank you     
Hi, my EAs have worked by just reacting to the incoming ticks, in order to activate the start() function. Now, I need my EAs to become much more pro-active, making calculations without waiting for ticks. My question is whether this template may work well: int start(){   while(!IsStopped())   {...