MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 944

Today an article Charts without "holes" was published, which describes in detail the algorithm for filling in missing bars. There was so much "shouting" (and just statements) on the forum in favour of such charts that I just couldn't help but look into the matter =) So, let's try it and make
Greetings, I built a part in my sound() routine that will force 'full play' of the file it plays (some of them are more the 5 sec). It does it by extracting the length part that I added to the filename as [6] meaning - 6 sec full play (example:  'time to TP.wav' -> time to TP[6].wav ) Well, in most...
[Deleted]
Hi looking for help with an ea. I have an ea that closes all positions on a chart once a certian profit has been achieved but the problem is the profit setting is in $ and i want it in pips. I basically am using it to delete any pending hedge orders i have setup a couple of worries i have is if i...
[Deleted]
  Period Question  (2)
Is there a way to find the start of a new period?  For example, on a 15 minute chart, the start of a new period?   Thanks! 
Hi All, This is the first time I am encountering such a problem: I downloaded  FXDD MT4  platform several months ago after some time  the trial period finished .So couple of days ago I erased the FXDD MT4 from my computer/ C including my personal details.Again yesterday  I downloaded the MT4 from...
  dpi indicator  (2)
hi  could some one tell me where i can down load a DPI indicator  
Hi all. I need help. Do you know the Ea which sends alarm on MT4, and an email when the price touches the Moving Average. Im Trading with siple strategy: i will open and close  sell/buy position when price touch Moving average . I pay for a good Ea which will send an alarm to me. I would like to be...
[Deleted]
After much struggling with passing strings to and from MQL4 I found a way to do it by passing arrays of strings.  The problem now, if you can even call it a problem ,is that the logs are falsely reporting an error. 2013.01.31 13:37:59    VNetSigFeed EURUSD,H4: function '__winhttp_WinHttpQueryOption'...
Hi I ve got an indicator that displays some values below the chart in a separate window after doing a few calculations. Now, i ve got two main problems. The first problem that occurs is that during the calculations some values sometimes do something like a spike. Cause of that although the indicator...
[Deleted]
This might sound funny but it is real  when my if operator is   if (CurrentRSI > UpperBound && MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_BID) < MA200) {    everything goes normal except that i keep on losing money at stoploss   but  when i add brackets inside it   if ((CurrentRSI > UpperBound) &&...
Hi, I want use StringConcatenate()  to generate below string: res="EURUSD", For EURUSD, I want use Symbol() function, How I can add "" to this? Regards;
Apologies in advance if this is a newbie question, but.....  I want to be able to find the lowest close price of a currency in the last x months. iLowest & iLow do the trick for me. Great. But now I want to find the same data for another currency pair, one which doesn't have a chart loaded. Is that...
Hello I'm using a practice account with OANDA and MT4 plateform.  I'm creating some report of my own and i got a trouble with LOT size on USDNOK.  I calculate the profit like : (open price - deal close price )  * 1000.  All my lots are 0.01.   It works for USDEUR and USDCAD nut not for USDNOK. It...
Hello guys, I am getting very peculier behaviour from my code. The following snippet is where the problem occurs: if (OrderCloseTime()!=0) return (true);type = OrderType();success = false;lots = NormalizeCloseLotSize(OrderSymbol(),percentClose*OrderLots()/100);Print("Lots to close = " + lots);if...
  little help  (15   1 2)
I would appreciate it - someone to hide the stop loss, the EA thanks in advance
[Deleted]
MA200 = iMA(NULL, 1440, 200, 8,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE, 1); MA5 = iMA(NULL, 1440, 5, 8,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE, 1); 1440 sets the timeframe to 1Day, and 200 and 5 each represents the days for calculating moving average am i doing this right
The list of Top products appeared in MQL5 Market since the service was established. It is designed to draw attention to free and commercial trading applications that are the most popular among traders. At first, the list of the most popular products was based on a very simple equation: one purchase...
[Deleted]
Hello, is there a way to merge the backtests of several EAs, i.e. to find out what would have happened if one had run several EAs on the same account for some period of time? Björn
[Deleted]
My EA keeps giving me this error OrderSend Error 134 when i backtest it which stands for not enough money as the error description says. I added in the code    if (((AccountStopoutMode() == 1)&& (AccountFreeMarginCheck(Symbol(),OP_BUY, BuyVolume) > AccountStopoutLevel()))|| ((AccountStopoutMode()...
The MQL4 Book etc is excellent and also the forum is a fantasticresource, but to get additional examples etc would be useful too.   I do 90% guessing at the moment and limited imagination when it comes to using the code in different ways. I intend on continuing to read through the MQL4 website...
doing some testing on a program, I know what answer I'm suppose to get, but instead I'm getting these answers: suppose to be: 5      really is 58.227 suppose to be: 2      really is 28.227 suppose to be: 0.3   really is 3.8227 suppose to be: 50    really is 582.227 so to fix what I'm getting into...
[Deleted]
After putting on an external variable to put more control on Limit Orders, the backtest showed No change in performance. This was after changing the ATR Multiplier from 1 to 4. This should reduce the number of Orders filled and also  change the performance and profits. Here is the code as is in...
[Deleted]
  EA programming  (1)
Hi Everyone,I have been playing around with MT for some time and as a programmer wondered if anyone here makes money from creating EAs? I'm new to this but keen to find out if there is much demand for creating EAs? I'm keen to start out by doing this as a hobby and who knows maybe charge one day...
If EA is running on normal chart, I can use below code to check whether it is a new bar or not. However it does not work when EA is running on offline chart. Anyone know how to check new bar on offline chart? static datetime tLast = 0 ; if ( tLast == Time[ 0 ] ) return ; tLast = Time[ 0 ];
Hi i m trying to write an indicator that i will call from another indicator using iCustom.   Could someone please explain/give me what does iCustom returns? Buf_0[] arrays? If not that then what? If it fails to find the indicator what does it returns?  Could someone give me a very simple example...
[Deleted]
Hi: In my EA code, at certain stage, I want to BUY MARKET when the price is so and so. I am not sure which way is better(more reliable, more solid): 1)using OrderSend() to set up a pending order Or 2)let my code check the price at every tick, when it reaches the level, using OrderSend() to buy...
[Deleted]
Hi: This is not really a MQL code question. It's about fast navigation in Metatrader 4. Maybe somebody can help me out. I am trying to navigate back to the past Non Farm Payroll dates in 1 minute time frame, say in EURUSD pair . From Metatrader 4 History center, I have downloaded the data. I have
  Using iclose or Close[]  (11   1 2)
I am trying to cycle on the1Minute time frame the "Closing price of the 1 min candle" only. I have only been able to get the current candle" 0" ,so  it shows every new close price that occurs within the candle being formed (Code below).which is not what I want. Does anyone know how I can get the...
Hello Forum, I am trying to understand the concept of Indicator Counted and as a consequence, how to distinguish between when indicators recalculate during the current bar OR not !! ( I hope I am looking at the right part of the documentation) I've lifted the code below from the documentation https...
(MT4) Can I install MT4 platform on subfolder of desktop user profile - Vista 64 Bit?