TestGenerator no history data 'NZDUSD1440'

I am using MT4 under Windows 7. Real time seems to work fine.

I have downloaded the history data using History > Import - it runs fine. When I try to run my back testing, I get the message for no history data in this message title.

Here is some additional facts, specific to Windows 7.

The downloads end up in c:/Users/name/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files/MBT Tetetrader 4/history/downloads/NZDUSD subdirectory. That's where all the .DAT history files get placed.

When I rerun the download and just recalculate the time periods, the .HST files also get place into this same directory, along with the .DAT files.

I have tried the following:

1. copy the .HST files from where they are located to the .../history/MBTrading-Demo Server subdirectory - that being the name of the server

2. copy the .HST files from where they are located to the c:/Program Files/MBT MetaTrader 4/history/MBTrading-Demo Server subdirectory - that's in the program files area.

The tester worked for a while, but when I reloaded the history, it suddenly quit working and I have been unable to get the tester to find the history files for back testing. Real time continues to work fine.

This seems to be a Windows 7 specific problem. Does anyone know where MT4 tester is looking for history files under Windows 7? Are there any permissions nuances that need to be taken care of for the tester to use the history files?

Thanks

Michael

I encounter the same problem. Everything wokred ok yesterday but when I click the bottom today as the same as usual, it is pop out the warning. Anyone can help on it?

Thanks

morken:
I just get the answer. If you assigned data test period is wrong, it may warn "TestGenerator: no history data". I double check my tester and a mistake occur in data setting.
Reason: