Account History and Open orders

Hi all,

I have a problem i can't understand it,i finished orders with sell or buy and i close the trades...but when i look to the account history ... i find these : as open trades ... in the account statement.and report !!!..although i finished the trades and orders are accepted from the market !!!!!!!!!!

hanania: I have a problem i can't understand it,i finished orders with sell or buy and i close the trades...but when i look to the account history ... i find these : as open trades ... in the account statement.and report !!!..although i finished the trades and orders are accepted from the market !!!!!!!!!!

Unless I've mis-interpreted your question, you cannot close a buy-order with a sell-order in mt4.

The above would just created two-independent positions.

You'll need to close the order using the close process within the terminal ... or appropriate functions while programming.

thankes for answering...but what i mean : when i buy 5 and sell 5 ...then trade is closed(done). and finished...why it comes as an open trade in the account statement in the report !!!!!

hanania: thankes for answering...but what i mean : when i buy 5 and sell 5 ...then trade is closed(done). and finished...why it comes as an open trade in the account statement in the report !!!!!

Did you use the close_order button? or did you send an opposite_order?

If you sent an opposite_order which is what I'm guessing then you did it wrong.

hanania:
thankes for answering...but what i mean : when i buy 5 and sell 5 ...then trade is closed(done). and finished...why it comes as an open trade in the account statement in the report !!!!!

It is not clear what it is that you are asking.

I think that Ubzen has probably realised what you mean and answered already.

I'm not sure what you mean by "when i buy 5 and sell 5"

But if you mean that

you open a buy position, 5 lots of xyz

When you want to close that position, you close it, you do not open a sell position of 5 lots xyz.

If you do that, you will have 2 positions open

1 position Buy 5 lots xyz

1 position Sell 5 lots xyz

no sir... i buy alot of 1....... with a price low........ and after the price getting higher i sell the same lot ...and it means for me... this trade is finished ..i bought..and i sold..... you buy thinges and you sold it,,,the trade is finished and complete...many of the same sell and buy are still named: open trades.... these are of the same paars ...that is what i mean with complete trade...sell and then buy..... or buy first and then sell the same amount of lot....... what is the problem then...is it normal???

GumRai:

It is not clear what it is that you are asking.

I think that Ubzen has probably realised what you mean and answered already.

I'm not sure what you mean by "when i buy 5 and sell 5"

But if you mean that

you open a buy position, 5 lots of xyz

When you want to close that position, you close it, you do not open a sell position of 5 lots xyz.

If you do that, you will have 2 positions open

1 position Buy 5 lots xyz

1 position Sell 5 lots xyz

i open a position buying x and after that i sell the same x to close the trade...

ubzen:

Did you use the close_order button? or did you send an opposite_order?

If you sent an opposite_order which is what I'm guessing then you did it wrong.

no sir, i use sell and buy....normal trade not (close the trade )

that is

hanania: no sir... i buy alot of 1....... with a price low........ and after the price getting higher i sell the same lot ...and it means for me... this trade is finished
What is means to you is irrelevant. That is NOT what it means to MT. It means you are hedging and have 2 open orders. Close the trade, don't open a new opposite one. ubzen said it once, twice, GumRai said it and I've said it.

1. In MetaTrader you OPEN a buy position and you CLOSE a buy Position.
2. You OPEN a sell position and you CLOSE a sell Position.
3. You DO NOT OPEN a Sell to CLOSE a buy.
4. You CLOSE a buy to CLOSE a buy.
5. In MetaTrader you can be in BOTH directions at the same time on a broker's
server that allows hedging.

if you have OPENED 5 BUYS and OPENED 5 SELLS you are fully hedged (if they are of equal lot size).
You may or may not have margin in use it depends on the ..

MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MARGINHEDGED)

value you get returned from your broker's server. However, you are still paying
swap each day to your broker. You need to CLOSE those orders by selecting them
and hitting this close button that I am subtly directing your attention to below.

If you are unfamiliar with how to close out your positions in metatrader I suggest that you stop trading immediately if real money
is involved. Perhaps you are just demo trading and trying to learn the way the platform works. If that is the case, then make all the trades
you want and learn your way around. The platform has a lot of features to offer. PipPip....Jimdandy

Reason: