1. In MetaTrader you OPEN a buy position and you CLOSE a buy Position.
2. You OPEN a sell position and you CLOSE a sell Position.
3. You DO NOT OPEN a Sell to CLOSE a buy.
4. You CLOSE a buy to CLOSE a buy.
5. In MetaTrader you can be in BOTH directions at the same time on a broker's
server that allows hedging.
if you have OPENED 5 BUYS and OPENED 5 SELLS you are fully hedged (if they are of equal lot size).
You may or may not have margin in use it depends on the ..
value you get returned from your broker's server. However, you are still paying
swap each day to your broker. You need to CLOSE those orders by selecting them
and hitting this close button that I am subtly directing your attention to below.
If you are unfamiliar with how to close out your positions in metatrader I suggest that you stop trading immediately if real money
is involved. Perhaps you are just demo trading and trying to learn the way the platform works. If that is the case, then make all the trades
you want and learn your way around. The platform has a lot of features to offer. PipPip....Jimdandy
thank you that is the point..... it was my mistake...i thought.. i buy .. then i sell .... waw big mistake..to enter the market when i think so...thankes for yor explaination ..
that's cool...thankes i will try it