automated trading with "expert advisors" based on text files which were generated by other programs ?

Hello,

"automated trading with "expert advisors" based on text files which were generated by other programs"

Example:

The EA is checking if files exist in a specific folder.

If Yes, the EA will open and read every file, find a string like "LONG this ticker, TP=x, SL=y" or "SHORT that ticker, TP=x, SL=y" in each file.

Open trades depending on what was written in the file(s).

Delete, move or rename the file after using them for a trade.

Is this possible with MT4 ?

If not, why ?

Sorry if somebody asked this already ...

TY

FXChton: Open trades depending on what was written in the file(s). ../ Is this possible with MT4 ?
Had you bothered to read the documentation, book, and especially File Functions - MQL4 Documentation you would know the answer.

WHRoeder:
Had you bothered to read the documentation, book, and especially File Functions - MQL4 Documentation you would know the answer.

Yes, I saw that and got irritated by

"For security reasons, work with files is strictly controlled in the MQL4 language", and "sandbox" ...

Could this lead to a "No" as the answer of my question ?

Can I access and use a folder with files with MT4 together with other programs that create the files there ?

sounds like a "Yes" ... thank you very much I'll have a close look at thta. Thanks again ! :-)

Not necessarily if the other application can write in MQL4/Files or Common/Files folders.

Named pipes can also be a solution.

Reason: