[Help] EA not working after compiling

I make an EA for hectic market (specially nfp) long time ago. It was works just fine.

But then i need to change some of the variables. And after i compile it, i can't run it again.

I try to run another old EA, it works. Then i try to recompile it, it doesn't works.

The error i got is " 'ea_name' is not expert and cannot be executed " in my metatrader.

Then i browse the internet to find what is wrong with my EA, then i know that there is some change in mql code.

So i try to change my EA code, until i got no error. But the EA still doesn't work, and i still got the error " 'ea_name' is not expert and cannot be executed ".

What is wrong with my EA?

Below is my attached EA. The ea_old is my original EA, the ea_new is my editted EA.

Thanks,

-DinneBolt~~

Files:
_ea_old.mq4  3 kb
_ea_new.mq4  4 kb

dinnebolt:

I make an EA for hectic market (specially nfp) long time ago. It was works just fine.

But then i need to change some of the variables. And after i compile it, i can't run it again.

I try to run another old EA, it works. Then i try to recompile it, it doesn't works.

The error i got is " 'ea_name' is not expert and cannot be executed " in my metatrader.

Then i browse the internet to find what is wrong with my EA, then i know that there is some change in mql code.

So i try to change my EA code, until i got no error. But the EA still doesn't work, and i still got the error " 'ea_name' is not expert and cannot be executed ".

What is wrong with my EA?

Below is my attached EA. The ea_old is my original EA, the ea_new is my editted EA.

Thanks,

-DinneBolt~~

Remove this line :

#property show_inputs
I can also suggest to use the search engine for such issue : https://www.mql4.com/search#!keyword=not%20expert%20and%20cannot%20be%20executed&module=mql4_module_forum

Hello, sorry for the late reply.

Thank you very much for your reply, my EA is work now. But i don't know why i still get the error "return value of 'OrderSelect' should be checked" and all OrderETC on my ea_old.mq4, is this ok?

dinnebolt:

Thank you very much for your reply, my EA is work now. But i don't know why i still get the error "return value of 'OrderSelect' should be checked" and all OrderETC on my ea_old.mq4, is this ok?

No need to be sorry, it's a forum, not a chat

These are warnings. It could be ok, but it's a good practice to check the returned value of functions. See Common Errors in MQL4 Programs and How to Avoid Them

dinnebolt:

Usually you can silence that warning by telling the program what to do if OrderSelect fails :

for(int cnt=OrdersTotal()-1;cnt>=0;cnt--)
     {
      if(OrderSelect(cnt,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false)        //or if( !OrderSelect(cnt,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES) , same thing
         Print("Failed to select order, error : "+GetLastError()); // if it fails , print, if not , keep going

Hope it helps

Reason: