how to tell mt4 to update its log file when we want / or at least faster?

how to tell mt4 to update its log file when we want / or at least faster?

I tested something: when you have an EA that prints something in experts tab, the mt4 does not write that to the log file immediately, even I waited for 5 minutes but still not!

but when I closed mt4 it wrote those logs to this log file located in its datafolder\mql4\logs\

,I need to check the log file for errors via my own program, so that I can send emails to myself and be alert about the errors.

how can I tell mt4 to write the experts logs to that file frequently?

is there any way?

the second ?: what is the frequency of mt4 in writing those logs to that file?

You can code to write to your own log file you know.

sam2014:

is there any way?

There are two reasons the log-file is 'flushed'

1) you broker has a 'new-day-bar'

2) close your terminal and restart it. - This can be automated by e.g. a Powershell-script. ;)

I guess you'd better choose deysmarco's way.

I don't want to restart the mt4,

the problem is that the logs are not created by my EA, those are for another EA someone else has programmed and the programmer does not want to add that feature of writing the logs to a specific file,

so what can I do now?

deysmacro:
You can code to write to your own log file you know.

the EA's programmer is someone else, and I am not able to write that code into that EA!

gooly:

2) close your terminal and restart it. - This can be automated by e.g. a Powershell-script. ;)

I don't want to close the mt4! that is vital for it to be open all the time!

sam2014:

I don't want to restart the mt4,

the problem is that the logs are not created by my EA, those are for another EA someone else has programmed and the programmer does not want to add that feature of writing the logs to a specific file,

so what can I do now?

You need to have the source-code then it should be easy to insert.

But may be you enter just to send directly an email in case of an error - but you need the source-code.

gooly:

there is a third way

right click on one of the lines in the experts tab and click open (can be done via WINAPI) 

where does mt4 keep that log (where is this cache file that mt4 keeps those lines of logs before it writes them to that main log file located in its datafolders)?

sam2014: where does mt4 keep that log (where is this cache file that mt4 keeps those lines of logs before it writes them to that main log file located in its datafolders)?
Why do you think it would write the lines to a file, before it writes the lines to the file?
Wouldn't it be keeping them in memory?
Reason: