referencing a 3rd party indicator from EA

Hi,

I bought an indicator which I don't have the source code. It works all fine and plots on the chart when to enter or exit.

I am thinking to automate by  writing an EA code so when indicator plots a but or sell signal on the chart it will open/close a position. 

I can use icustom if I know the input and output parameters on the indicator. but as it is a 3rd party indicator that I bought I don't have access to the sort code.

double val=iCustom(NULL,0,"SampleInd",13,1,0); 

Is there a way I can access the or find out about the input and output parameters?

Cheers

Shaunt 

floater:

Hi,

I bought an indicator which I don't have the source code. It works all fine and plots on the chart when to enter or exit.

I am thinking to automate by  writing an EA code so when indicator plots a but or sell signal on the chart it will open/close a position. 

I can use icustom if I know the input and output parameters on the indicator. but as it is a 3rd party indicator that I bought I don't have access to the sort code.

double val=iCustom(NULL,0,"SampleInd",13,1,0); 

Is there a way I can access the or find out about the input and output parameters?

Cheers

Shaunt 

Input parameters are visible when you display the properties of the indicator.

Output of an indicator are buffer(s), the values are normally displayed in the Data Window. Buffers are numeroted from 0, so you can experiment with iCustom and compare your results with what is displayed by the indicator.

Reason: