place the volume as text at the bottom of the chart?

Hi,

I want to place the volume of a bar as a (text-)number at the bottom of the chart, below the bar and always 5 ticks off the bottom.

That means

1) if the next bar appears this volume-number should shift 1 bar to the left and

2) it should not move up or down if the chart is shifted acc. to new highs or lows.

Is that possible without redrawing all the text-objects at a new bar or at a new high or low?

It should not be a too exotic wish, but a lable sticks at its corner :( and a normal object is moving up and down :(

Regards,

Gooly

What you want is possible.

Although this can be done with labels, it is better to use OBJ_TEXT as they will always remain anchored to time.

It is still relatively complicated to keep moving them so that they are positioned nicely on the chart.

Maybe you could consider coding an indicator in a separate window with the  OBJ_TEXT at a 90 degree angle. That way, they would always be in line and it is easy to do. Also no chance of it obscuring any bars and it only uses a small amount of space.

Yeah. I think it is more practical that way.

GumRai:

Although this can be done with labels, it is better to use OBJ_TEXT as they will always remain anchored to time.

It is still relatively complicated to keep moving them so that they are positioned nicely on the chart.

Maybe you could consider coding an indicator in a separate window with the  OBJ_TEXT at a 90 degree angle. That way, they would always be in line and it is easy to do. Also no chance of it obscuring any bars and it only uses a small amount of space.

I agree that's probably the best way, thanks!

EURJPY

This is an indicator I did a while back, I think it looks much better than trying to get the text placed nicely on the chart and without obscuring the candles

Reason: