MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 715

Build 711  (1)
There is a problem with this version. When loading your own EA's and Indicators in a couple of minutes it hangs up/go dead. Are you working on sorting the issues out soon?
It’s impossible to know floating spread . How to pending  buystop with Bid price ? Thank you
[Deleted]
hi ;) first i want to say thx for so much input all of you gave me, my english is bad sry for that ;) i was reading here for years, finally i registered an account, because i got a problem and i think i need your help. im not using the mt4 strategy tester, i calculate the trades and the results "on...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I tried to improvise the SuperSR 6 a little bit. However, when I insert my code, the Metatrader stop working. I struggle with this problem for a while now, yet no idea why. Please help me. Here is the part has error:    double gap;   double contract=(Contract_Step + Precision) *...
I have an indicator that is crashing Metatrader sometimes, and by using logs, I found out it's happening right when start() ends (it's logging in the last line, and then doesn't log anymore). What does Metatrader do exactly when start() ends? The code is just too big to post it here..
[Deleted]
Hi, I used an online EA builder to start to understand the coding but it will not place any trades when i backtest it. Can anyone tell me why please? what should the "EA Generator" component on the result lines be?   Thanks   extern int MagicNumber=10001;extern double Lots =5;extern double...
[Deleted]
  Candle Question  (7)
Is there a way to draw a single candle on a chart, with either a script or indicator, to represent the current candle for a given currency pair?  I would like to create a chart that displays all of the currency pairs, in one location,  that are offered by my broker, with the current candle of each...
  MT4 Potable mode  (4)
Who can help me by modifying the new Metatrader to portable mode I have windows 8   runnung on a ssd  and the MT4 is running on a 2 TB harddisk, with free space. reason for change to portable is, that can use the folder of the Installation of the MT4 for the logfiles. when starting backtests there...
[Deleted]
Graphically, I am able to apply Bands (Bollinger) to another indicator (say RSI).  However, if I would like to call this value in an EA using iBands, it looks like it may only be done with Hi/Lo or Close, not with another input value, like RSI. Do I need to modify the Bands indicator to run on an...
[Deleted]
If I use the statement of :    if X = High  then Y = 1; each time X = High, Y will be 1.  Therefore, when X != High, Y = 0.  Which is fine.  But, in some cases, I need Y to remain as 1 to show that a high has been reached.  Tried a number of approaches, without any luck.  Each time X != High, Y = 0...
[Deleted]
regarding : 'How to calculate profit from volume and pips' Hi all ! I have a related problem: I used: TextComment =                        "TICK SIZE (in points):                    " + DoubleToStr(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKSIZE) , 4) + "\n" +                      "TICK VALUE p. 1.0 Lot (deposit...
if( OpenOrdersThisPair(Symbol()) == 0 && LotSize_Buy >= minlot )         {          BuyTicketOrder1 = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,LotSize_Buy,Ask ,3,                                             0,0,NULL,MagicNumber1,0,Green);RefreshRates();                                                if(...
Hello, I have the problem where no matter what drive I install MT4 the data folder is always located on the main drive (C: in my case).  This is terrible since my C drive is almost full!  I can't store history files so I cannot backtest.  There needs to be a way to relocate the data folder to...
Do I need to create an array if I want to record the MACD signal value each time RSI(2) goes above 90 or below 10
hello.   Im trying to get the output for the amount of seconds since jan 1, 1970.  The output I desire should look something like this:   1413424764   I can't seem to figure this out, i've been over the documents and i keep getting the date written out such as Jan 01, 1970   or the amount of seconds...
I'm guessing I do not use "Comment" but something else? What's the easiest way just to put a Comment in the top right hand corner of chart?  Cheers! 
[Deleted]
How do I add double Bollinger bands to a chart? In other words, I'd like to show the bands at one standard deviation and two standard deviations on both sides of the SMA at the same time. I don't see a way to add both bands in the indicator pop-up box. Thanks for any help you can provide! 
Hi, I've programmed a really simple expert advisor. The EA opens a long position when the slow stochastics closes below the value 86.  extern double lot = 0.1;extern double tp = 60; //for EURUSD M5extern double sl = 1000; //for EURUSD M5 int start()  {      double r1 = iStochastic(NULL,0,8,3,3...
  Time Confused!!  (4)
Please can someone show me how to calculate the number of seconds between 2 time points. i.e the difference in seconds between Bar[0] and Bar[10]? The datetime type is intended for storing the date and time as the number of seconds elapsed since January 01, 1970. This type occupies 8 bytes of memory...
Hi all, could you check this code for me? It is supposed to alert when RSI and stoch are above their overbought (or below oversold) levels and if the price closes above bollinger. It is only supposed to look at values at price close. As of now, I still get alerts if the values say fluctuated above
1) Is anyone working on windows and using visual studio? If so are you getting edit and continue features? what is better than if using the MT4 IDE? 2) It appears to me, (maybe only me since im using wine + linux), that the ability to debug ticks is available only during the week during a live...
Hi all, I'm using Renko Live Charts v 3.2 to work with my Renko charts. This expert works good with Alpari, now I just opened a demo account with Activetrades. When I set the expert on a M1 graph, I obtain the usual "open offline EURUSDM2 to wiew chart". The problem is that I don't find the chart...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Order Entry function - Buy or Sell (pending orders)              |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+void OrderEntry(int direction){      //Stop calculations  -------------------   double...
Hi,  Somethimes i recive error 4024 on WebRequest function (Mt4, Build 670, windows 2008 r2 sserver. ERR_INTERNAL_ERROR Internal error   Can sombodey tell me why? 
help me i make indicator and now i have empty buffer....how to fill it if(limit>barsToProcess) limit=barsToProcess; for(int i=0;i<limit;i++) { double UP=iEnvelopes(NULL,0,14,MODE_SMA,0,PRICE_CLOSE,0.1,MODE_UPPER,0); double DN=iEnvelopes(NULL,0,14,MODE_SMA,0,PRICE_CLOSE,0.1...
hi everyone!!! i trying to code a closing condition. When there is an open position and candle is closing in profit bigger then 10*points close trade. i try to attach the code with src but i only get attachment option. it says it right there to use src , cant see any bottom for it. as u see i have...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys I have installed my Metatrader 4 on an external hard drive. This allows me to work on my home or work PC. The platform is working, but it doesn't transfer my templates and open charts from one PC to the next. Is there a setting I need to change? How can I get my personal settings to move...
Hello,I would like to create a stoploss order that will be placed above the high of the previous order's initiation bar. Here is a picture to Illustrate the issue (In the example (picture)  there is a sell order):   Any Idea how to do that? The code below works fine If I use stoploss that is fixed...
Each time I recompile my EA (and it is used in some charts), MT4 crash and close SYSTEMATICALLY. Same problem when launching debug, the debug chart open, then crash... ==> It was working perfectly with previous build 6xx Very desappointing release :( because I also noticed many sudden crashes....
Hi, Does anyone know why any of my expert advisor logs older than 7 days get deleted? Is there any way to tell MT4 not to delete the logs?   I had not noticed this until recently.    Thanks in advance to anybody who replies.