MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 713

Hi everyone. Im trying to figure out how I can detect if a manually drawn trendline has been broken with a OHLC since its creation.  
Hi Folks, I'm starting with MQL and I wanna know how can I get a good cycle to develop my EA's. I've been using TDD(test driven development) and BDD(behaviour driven development) methods on Ruby and Java. Using tools like JUnit, Cucumber, RSpec. How can I work with tests on MQL? I'm trying to...
[Deleted]
Hi there,   I am looking now to add a simple grid to my market orders, but they i am writing it is not working at all ...   input double         gridshift                  = 0.001;input double         maxpendingorders           = 2 //2 buypending 2 sellpendingfor(int cnt = 0...
Hello guys  I bought an indicator of a renowned developer of MQL4.COM here.  It happens that the indicator does not run on MT4.  Already traded several emails with the developer.  I did all the procedures that requested, however, the problem persists.  Turns out he speaks the library (DLL) that its...
[Deleted]
Hi everybody, I tried to run several time a big code (1200 lines) i developed, with some loop i can't remove . MT4 shut down each time. Is it normal ? How can I proceed ? I tried to simplify i did my best. Thank you very much
Hi, I was wondering if anyone from this community can help, please. I would like to have an EA running all the time and whenever I use the Multiple Close by button in MT4 (that is every time I manually click and try to modify the order) an alert is generated. How to identify this event originating...
[Deleted]
I have an indicator source that needs long calculation time more than 100 seconds. The indicator takes too long time to calculate it and chart stops while the indicator calculate . Any body has solutions about this
  What is the difference?  (27   1 2 3)
Hi friends, What is the difference between these two codes? The first one doesn't work, the second one works fine. Is there any difference the two kind of TP_Day? Wrong: if(GlobalVariableCheck(Glob_Var_Name)) TP_Day=(int) GlobalVariableGet(Glob_Var_Name);else if(!GlobalVariableCheck(Glob_Var_Name))...
Hello there, Is there any discussion in here about using simple Options to hedge FX positions? I had a quick look around and saw a few topics, but I'm still not sure I know where to look. For example, if I open a minilot 0.1 Buy EURUSD at 100x leverage, how can I simultaneously purchase a Put
My EA in backtest on specific symbols - typical borse  indexes  Germany30, Moscow50, Spain35, USA30, USA2000, Swiss20 share SAB Miller, Amazon,   Outputs are only  zero value records  50 0.00 0 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00% 0.00000000 StopLoss=5000 MagicNumber=10001 Lots=0.1 TakeProfit=5000 TrailingStop=0...
  PPZ calculation - help to refine  (132   1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14)
Hi all. I wrote an indicator to automatically calculate PPZ using three fractals. The basic idea: we take a window of N bars and determine the levels where 3 fractals are located at the shortest distance. The indicator plots 4 such levels. The problem is in the speed. The indicator uses blunt
I'm experiencing a strange issue? Like most on here, I have a designated MT4 offline back-testing platform. Weird thing is, when I boot up the MT4 platform for the first time, if I try to do a fresh back-test of an EA it won't place any trades or if it does it seems to drop out loads that it should...
Received via Mt4 Mailbox tabDear Demo Account Holder, XXXX has made the business decision to discontinue support of MT4. Therefore, effective at market close today, Friday, September 19, 2014 all XXXX demo accounts will be disabled...
hi  i need some help  because after metrader update  5.00 build 966 my code didn't work  the code used to sum the volumes of all candles in a specific range int V=V+ Volume[i];      ObjectCreate("Volume", OBJ_LABEL, 0, 0, 0);      ObjectSetText("Volume",DoubleToStr(V,0) ,14, "Arial",...
Hallo, I've installed metatrader 4 apparently without problem but when I double click the icon the program opens a white window for a second a then  it closes rapidly. I have windows 8.1 64 bit. Do you have any idea how to work it out? 
Hi, I want to place the volume of a bar as a (text-)number at the bottom of the chart, below the bar and always 5 ticks off the bottom. That means 1) if the next bar appears this volume-number should shift 1 bar to the left and 2) it should not move up or down if the chart is shifted acc. to new
[Deleted]
Can someone point me in the direction where I find information on how to modify multiple orders, where the TP of all open orders will be modified to the TP of the first order opened? Thanks!
[Deleted]
Could I draw trend or activate indicator with my parameter in expert? Thanks for your notice
Who is the Best MT4 Broker for testing? Who has the best data and MT4 installation for testing EAs?
How can I store the entry price for my OrderSend functions up until the bias changes? Entry for long:  H1_Buy_Touch = "H1 Buy Touch"; (global variable) Entry for short:  H1_Sell_Touch = "H1 Sell Touch"; (global variable) These biases can change on every hour as it is checked on ever new bar. Thing...
[Deleted]
Happy trading/coding everyone,   Could someone please give me some directions as what happens with recent MQL4 updates/changes? I've been away from trading for a year and the last working code that I wrote July 2013 is now compiling with errors. there must be something I need to do or update in...
Hi All, i am trying to draw a dot in the Stop Loss Level, just to monitor where it is. I am calling this function i created to draw a yellow dot: void DrawDotSL(string objName, color col){     for(int i = 0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++) {      OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS,...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|Calibrate Open trade setups if they require it                    |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+void Trade_Calibration()      {               //Padding for the stop and padding for the...
Hello, I would like to report a possible mistake in the Standard Library, Array Class. In my editor, the following function is written in the ArrayDouble class as follows: int CArrayDouble::Maximum(const int start,const int count) const { return(ArrayMaximum(m_data,start,count)); } In the...
//+------------------------------------------------------+  //Moving Average Trailing Stop Function                  |//+------------------------------------------------------+   void MA_Trail(){   double ATR = iATR(NULL,60,14,1);   double MA = iMA(NULL,60,MA_Period,0,1,0,1);      double...
I am switching from partially closing on position to actually placing 4 positions with fixed take profit targets.  I had the hassle of working out how to partially close a position just the once. Now I am stuck with moving all the trades to break even one the first trade hits its fixed profit target...
New article Regression Analysis of the Influence of Macroeconomic Data on Currency Prices Fluctuation has been published at mql5.com: Fundamental analysis is deemed incomprehensible by many. It is unclear how to carry it out, which parameters to take into account and which not to. Finding out the...
I wanted a method to [force] refresh/reconnect the login of the current user at a certain time everyday or on a certain time of a certain weekday every week.  Is this possible from an mql4 function?  If not, any ideas? I read this thread but was unsure if anything still applies to mt4 b600+ https...
Hi,   I have following code:   input string File_Name="DS_SYMBOL_INFO_SCRIPT.csv";input datetime StartDate=D'2014.09.09 09:00:00';input datetime EndDate=D'2014.09.12 09:00:00';      for(int i=StartDate; i<=EndDate; i+=86400)     {      double array_high[];      ArraySetAsSeries(array_high...
Hi, I bought an indicator which I don't have the source code. It works all fine and plots on the chart when to enter or exit. I am thinking to automate by  writing an EA code so when indicator plots a but or sell signal on the chart it will open/close a position.  I can use icustom if I know the...