MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 717

What's wrong with my algo-trading?  (86   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Greetings gentlemen! Just recently started getting into robotics. The systems are unpretentious, but have some logical basis (if increased by so much %, then buy, etc. - price action can be said). There is no sense in giving codes. I don't use indicators at all due to my conviction in their
EUR/USD and daily charts only.  Backtests really well but uses a large stoploss all the time, I would like help to reduce the risk on trades.  Any suggestions welcome. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|...
[Deleted]
Good Morning. I am looking for a mql4 programmer, who resides in Australia or England, for continuous Jobs. Somebody interested?
I am relativily new to programming and trying to learn by deciding what I want to do and then researching and investigating how to do that one thing.  I learn a lot and find it easier to learn with real world application. I want the ADR(20) in the buffer for each candle, for a defined session.  I am...
I want to use a custom period multiplier starting from a candlestick that I specify rather than the current candlestick. For simplicity lets say there are 11 bars in the current 15 min chart with the 11th bar being the most recent bar. I want to see how a chart looks if we combine 3 15-minute bars...
[Deleted]
Hello, I sometimes open manually position and i would like to know if there is possibility to close automatically my open position exaclty 2 or 4 hours after i have opened them Or maybe find a way to close them when the bar is finished when a new bar opens. Thank you fo information Emeric
These (BackTestings, Indicators and EAs) are consuming about 100 GB in my Pc, but when I check the MT4 folder, this only have 16 MB size. I entered to this folder anyway for check but I didn´t see anything of big size, and I didn´t see the archive name of the EAs I designed. ¿Somebody know where is...
[Deleted]
Hello everybod I hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction. I want to code an indicator that shows the history of the account balance. The logic is fine but it does not spread over the whole chart. I hope this screenshot makes clearer what i need.      My lack of english makes it...
Hi, after I realized a problem of the way mt4 is painting a second indicator in the same indicator sub-window: If you apply the ATR-14 at the chart (extra sub-window) and you pull this ATR again from the Navigator in this window and define a 7-Period, you will experience that e.g. the ATR-7 is...
My old and new platforms do not load in the required C:\users\your name\appdata\roaming\Metaquotes\Terminal…) but in the old C:\program files\MT4 terminal. In fact I can't find the required chain in my PC at all. All platforms are of course build 670. I just downloaded a new platform from a new...
[Deleted]
Hello, I installed the mobile version of the Metatrader 4 platform succesfully on my phone. I used it a while with my demo account. Now I want to go live and I wanted to clear all te old messages (notifications). So I did, but now my whole message blog is gone! Now I can receive only one...
Is it possible to single step through Backtests? If yes, how? When I set Breakpoints in my EA and press F5 I get a new Window and life ticks. Instead I'd like to get ticks from the back test engine. Is this possible? Regards
Are there any indicators or (android) apps that allow you to Chromecast Forex Charts?  (with or without MT)   I realize there is a Chrome add on that lets you Chromecast your browser content but I'm looking for a more elegant charting chromecast app that preferable works with MT4.
hello, Attached is the file containing the following errors: ';' - unexpected token Reader Delay.mq4 48 62 'handle100' - constant expression required Reader Delay.mq4 48 7 '{' - some operator expected Reader Delay.mq4 47 7 expression has no effect Reader Delay.mq4 46 47 expression has no...
[Deleted]
can I DLL retrieve AccountNumber so it's use can be restricted?
Please help me with this indicator which provides buy/sell audio alert. I try to do some modification to this indicator in order write a file and run a external .EXE file. The write file code is working fine but once I load the indicator it just open the  so many .exe until the computer is hang. How...
Hi, Why does OrdersHistoryTotal() show one more than the real value? If I have say 12 closed trades, OrdersHistoryTotal() shows 13, even on a brand-new and "empty" account it shows 1. Why? Is it a failure or am I wrong? Thx
Hi. I've just downloaded MT4 for Android and I'd like to configure the RSI indicator so it shows a level-50 line (instead of those two default 30 & 70 levels line). How can I do it? Any help will be very appreciated! Regards, Bruno 
Hi Forum, I want to check if the EMA50 is above the EMA100 in the current displayed timeframe and additionally in the D1 timeframe. The current timeframe is checked correctly but there is a problem with the D1. I think that I can't use the variable i when checking the D1 timeframe. When I use this...
[Deleted]
  Help needed with my EA  (12   1 2)
Hello,  Does anyone know how to close an order after "X" bars have passed. The catch is, I only need it to work on the Strategy Tester (because I need it for my grad paper and I don't have enough time to run it on live) and not on live data. In live data I found that I can use time as recommended by...
Hi, when I call the iEnvelopesOnArray function I receive an access violation error. iEnvelopesOnArray(mybuffer,0,14,MODE_SMA,0,0.2,MODE_UPPER,i); any other iXYZOnArray work fine (like iStdDevOnArray, iMaOnAraay etc...) only the envelop one failed!!! any idea why? is there anything special to do when...
Hi, I have MT4 installed in a usb-drive for portability purpose + I don't want to install it on windows as it is not mine. I write the file in MT4 and read it when the file is written. But sometimes when the file is closed by the MT4 indicator and I read the file, the file content is not yet present...
switch(x)            {               case 1:                   if(USD==1) firstcurrent=1; if(USD==2)  firstcurrent=2;               case 2:                   if(EUR==1) firstcurrent=1; if(EUR==2)  firstcurrent=2;               case 3:                   if(GBP==1) firstcurrent=1;...
int init()  {//----         ticketOpp=-1;        if (Point == 0.00001 || Point == 0.001)           pip = Point*10;           else pip = Point;   if (Digits==3 || Digits==5) slipFactor=10; else slipFactor=1;//----...
Hi, Does anybody knows if there is a feature in MT4 that show the trades made in live trading on the chart as in backtesting (blue line for long position between the buy and the close and red line for short position) ? Or do I have to program it myself in the EA by creating for each trade an object...
I need a code that allow's  me to open only one order per hour on a single symbol.  this is the  sell condition  if(Close[1] > Open[1])   {double S=MathAbs(High[0]-Close[1]); double Sp=S/Point; if(Sp>=20)result=OrderSend(Symbol() , OP_SELL , lot , Bid , Slippage , Bid+SL*Point , Bid-TP*Point, ""...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am new to developing OOP in MQL4 (not to OOP :) ) and run into the following when testing this base: class BaseObject  {    public:      virtual string ToString()      {         return TypeName();      }      virtual string TypeName()      {         return typename(this);      } }; class...
Hi, ChartSync indicator is supposed todo this: Objectsdrawn on one chart automatically appear on other charts of the same symbol.This allows multi time-frame marking up of charts simultaneously, without havingto manually save and load templates. Example If 3EURUSD charts are open H1, M15 and M5. If...
[Deleted]
Hello, I export the balance during optimization: if ( IsOptimization() == true && AccountBalance() != AccountBalance_old ) { AccountBalance_old = AccountBalance(); int handle = FileOpen ( "Optimization Balance.csv" , FILE_WRITE | FILE_READ | FILE_CSV ); FileWrite (handle
[Deleted]
I use a verion of Metatrager 4 build 670 from IG. Everything works fine, but sometimes I have many trouble with setting of colors in the chart. If I will change the color of the bars or rectangles or Fibonacci retracements or other i can not change the color. I get the set of colors but I can not...