How long does EA logic continue?

How long does the EA logic keep working? Does it reset itself at some point? I am asking this as I have an EA that only limits trades to 2 per day or in a given time period like an hour or stops trading when profit reaches XXX dollars. I run it on a VPS so my MT4 does not technically shut down during the week. SO my question was do I need to restart an EA to reset its logic? If not, does it keep using logic from the time the platform was turned on?

Thanks. 

Actually the ea behaves exactly how it is being programmed. So, it will keep using the logic as long as it is attached to the chart.

deysmacro:
Actually the ea behaves exactly how it is being programmed. So, it will keep using the logic as long as it is attached to the chart.

So if I need an EA to restart any count I have to put it on a new chart? So it looks back at historical data of the chart it is on even though it is not running? How far back does it look?

Thanks. 

Eric1704:

So if I need an EA to restart any count I have to put it on a new chart? So it looks back at historical data of the chart it is on even though it is not running? How far back does it look?

Thanks. 

If you would look into the code of some indicators and EA you would have seen that you can get (Bars-1) candles back.

gooly:
If you would look into the code of some indicators and EA you would have seen that you can get (Bars-1) candles back.
I know that. I want to know if the count begins at some point and ends at a certain point before the EA starts counting again. Like a fresh start. Or does it need to be removed from a chart and restarted?

Eric1704:
I know that. I want to know if the count begins at some point and ends at a certain point before the EA starts counting again. Like a fresh start. Or does it need to be removed from a chart and restarted?

It really depends on how it is programmed. So, if it is programmed to recalculate, it will recalculate. If no such thing, it will not do it.

How about show us the code and see anyone can pinpoint of what you are asking for ? Use SRC (besides video icon) when posting codes. No point giving opinion when there are no codes that can be seen.

deysmacro:

It really depends on how it is programmed. So, if it is programmed to recalculate, it will recalculate. If no such thing, it will not do it.

How about show us the code and see anyone can pinpoint of what you are asking for ? Use SRC (besides video icon) when posting codes. No point giving opinion when there are no codes that can be seen.

Got it. I am using an EA builder. What will it look like in MQL4 if it recalculates or not? Also if I want to start the EA again do I need to delete the chart the EA is on and put it on a new chart? 

Eric1704:
Got it. I am using an EA builder. What will it look like in MQL4 if it recalculates or not? Also if I want to start the EA again do I need to delete the chart the EA is on and put it on a new chart? 
What about reading the book and then looking at an working EA like the mt4-samples in your expert-folder then 1) you wouldn't need the EA builder and 2) you would better understand the concept of mql4?

Eric1704: . I am using an EA builder.
  1. We hate EA builder
  2. You couldn't be bothered to learn mql4, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
  3. There are only two choices: learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC ) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds lines of code.
  4. EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
  5. EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (max bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time
  6. EA builder makes bad code Not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers
  7. EA builder makes bad code not adjusting for ECN brokers.
  8. EA builder makes bad code not checking return codes.
Reason: