EA's making trades and logging documentation

I am new to automated trading only. I have been trading the FOREX Market for many years but now trying the automated side.

I have build a few EA's but on live testing on my demo account I have a few questions.

1.) When my EA executes a trade, it only seems to trade that one pair even though I have that same EA live on the same account with other pairs but its not executing the trades when it hits my parameters, does anyone know why?

2.) Is there anyway to have a trading report printed out per EA? It only seems to have them logged in account history but it doesn't separate which Automated Robot did what trade. How to see them separately the performance of each?

You help and answers would be much appreciated.

ryanbrignac9764:

1.) When my EA executes a trade, it only seems to trade that one pair even though I have that same EA live on the same account with other pairs but its not executing the trades when it hits my parameters, does anyone know why?

2.) Is there anyway to have a trading report printed out per EA? It only seems to have them logged in account history but it doesn't separate which Automated Robot did what trade. How to see them separately the performance of each?

Hi Ryan,

add 1) it must be code dependent, as there are many EA trading different pairs or even the same pair but different timeframes - but without the code ... 

add 2) There is the Account History Tab: Right mouse click, define the period and you'll get some kind of statistical analyse. An alternative might be linking the account to myFxbook.

gooly:

Hi Ryan,

add 1) it must be code dependent, as there are many EA trading different pairs or even the same pair but different timeframes - but without the code ... 

add 2) There is the Account History Tab: Right mouse click, define the period and you'll get some kind of statistical analyse. An alternative might be linking the account to myFxbook.

Gooly,

Thanks for your response.

1.) do you know how to do the code dependent? I have just been creating some using EA Wizard but don't know how to get them to trade all pairs with same EA.

2.) yes I will check myfxbook out. Did a quick review via their website and I think I may like that one.

hmm - either learn to code read the book and the docs.
Use the sample EA in you expert-folder or seek a suitable EA in the code library

gooly:
hmm - either learn to code read the book and the docs.
Use the sample EA in you expert-folder or seek a suitable EA in the code library

Just started studying code. Having to go back and learn C++ first then I will get back on my MQL Language book.

Thanks again.

mql4 is ~c - which is simpler.

gooly: mql4 is ~c - which is simpler.
Only if you ignore the OOP part. Structures and Classes - MQL4 Documentation

gooly:
mql4 is ~c - which is simpler.

Thanks Gooly,

Are you an automated trader as well?

yep, I don' t have the coolness for manual trading :(
Reason: