MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 262

Guys, is it possible to create a horizontal line in MT4, and when it gets crossed by a candle, to sound an alert (and perhaps open a .dll or .exe file)? I am using this 4H strategy, and I don't want to be bound to the PC... Thanks in advance. Dave
The function GlobalVariableSet needs a double parameter. I'd like to store a string value like "ABC" as a global. Is this possible?? Thanks
:) Hi I'm having this MT4 indicator, which i didn't use for a long time, back then it was working perfectly well but now it's not loading and while compiling it's shows a warning " possible loss of data due to type conversion" for this code. // define count symbols if (Selected) { SymbolsNumber
hi everybody i have a question , when you backtest with optimization on , is there any way to know if trades are closed by SL/TP , TSL or BE
Good Day, ill like to find out theres an alternative i could add SASOL amongst shown symbols on the navigation Bar without a broker using my DEMO on MT4, MY brokers uses mt4 which gives me a great deal cause ill be working on my time charts without HIS concern
Hi All, I am developing EA for the first time and I would like to know about how the memory is managed when the EA is attached to multiple currenty pairs, do they share same memory or different memory? If I attach EA to 2 pairs, will it start two different instances of the EA and has no related
Hi all, Attached is the source code of a custom indicator I'm editing. It's a Multi-Colour Fibonacci Retracement much like the one you use on TradingView but for MT4 in this case. However, I am unable to drag the fibonacci retracement beyond the "chart shift" limit and I don't know how to alter the
I am new to MT4 so question might be silly. Is it possible to set a volume that is not listed in the list of volumes? For example setting a volume of 0.36? Same question about leverage.
Hello, I using EA to try to get my indicator results (total pips) from custom date (this year) on XAUUSD,M5 For many times with variable settings to get the best setting using for loop . But i found this error appears many times in Journal tap. Not enough memory for 1073712 bars for custom indicator
Hello, I tried to set my notifications on MT4 on Mac it will not send me Test Message. Nor will any show up in my MT4 app. Please Help ASAP Thank You
  zigzag+ fibo ea  (9)
Hello. I've been making the same profit for a long time. Introduction: fibo 23,6 Snow: fibo 38,2 stoploss: fibo 0 rollback: fibo 0 martingel damage. can you make this system ea?
Hi Guys, I am using RSI ea.mq4. I am asking if there is a possibility to enable it to open more than one position (My Trading Platform is MT4) I want my RSI ea conditions to be the same, only to allow that, the lot size shouldn't be changed until the maximum number of positions allowed by my broker
hi I have a strategy that only works manually but also I need to access to the fix api quotes and execution. I want to put limit orders on mt4 screen and these orders will automatically should go through the fix server it will not be executed via mt4 servers. in summary I want to use mt4 only as a
Guys is there a way to roll back an EA that has been updated through the market terminal from mql5? I do not like the new version of this EA and i want the old one? i still have a copy of it on my live account but want to port it over to my demo account
Hello everyone, please i would like to know how i can get access to the prices delimiting a rectangle on the chart so that when price touch the rectangle i can code a series of event. Thanks in advance
Please how can i code this? I tried coding it this way (i will send the code) . what i want is if price cross above MA and revised back to be lower that MA . the i want to sell bool WasCrossAbove; bool WasCrossBelow; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Expert
Hello Everyone! I am hoping someone can help me. I have two indicators that I am trying to combine into one stand alone indicator. Im not much of a coder. I have traded for years and am just now taking beginner coding courses. I have attempted to code this myself however my attempt only draws one of
hi I wrote an expert that define 2 button Buy and Sell can I define that when click on each button it opens 2 position in one click I mean when I click on Buy it opens 2 buy position and when I click on Sell it opens 2 Sell position Best Regards Neda
hi when i do back testing at metatrader 4 the spread that i chose is by points or pips ? if i use "20" its 20 pips or 20 point ? if i want to test eurusd i currect to chose 20 or 2
void rolShortStopA() { for ( int b= OrdersTotal ()- 1 ; b>= 0 ; b--) { bool ShortA; if ( OrderSelect (b,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES) && OrderMagicNumber()==Magic && OrderType()==OP_SELL && Ask<OrderOpenPrice()-( 0.5 *stopShort)
[Deleted]
Hello There are 2 variants of the ObjectCreate () function. One of them takes as the first parameter the Chart_ID - defining the target open chart that the graphic will be drawn on. However, I've not been able to successfully use this function from an EA either in the strategy tester, or applied to...
For some reason I'm getting error 130 if SL or TP is below 80 points. if (takeprofit != 0 ) { TAKEPROFT = Bid - (takeprofit* _Point ); } if (stoploss!= 0 && UseSTOPLOSS) STOPLOSS = Bid + (stoploss* _Point );
Can someone help me how the correct Code is, to get the OrderCloseTime from the last closed Order with TakeProfit
Dear Friends, I want to capture data of higher time frame on lower time frame data. E.g 1st indicator = RSI for 15 minutes, values are 18, 22, 25, 35, 45, 49, 55, 68 . . . . .for 1 to 8 candles 2nd indicator = RSI for 60 minutes, values are 10, 35 for first four and next four candles. I want to make
What is the best way to do an MT4 back test? Please help with that thank you
Hello, prob a silly question for those that know, but I wanted to insert Stochastic Indicator in the same Chart window not in different new window OR in sub window. below is the image of it from netdania.com I know this is possible but don't know how????
Hi guys, Whenever a previous order was closed, immediately a new order took place (in same bar), yes i know the new order meets entering a new position... However, I would like to let only one trade (I am assuming orderclosed also a trade) , i mean whenever a trade is closed, none of the orders
Hello everyone, can anyone tell me how sites like myfxb or fxblue manage to connect to any MT4 account? do you think it uses MT4 specific APIs, via FTP protocol or what? I did not find anything specific in the mt4 reference guide. thanks in advance. Ivano
  Edit EA  (5)
Is there anyone here who has an EA type mq4, which has a timing setting. I want my EA to open positions at certain times, but have no timing setting. I want to ask for help from those of you who have an EA type mq4, just copy the timing settings, I'll insert them into my EA. Thank you for the help
Hi, can someone help me please? Need some code for following case: "If EA gets his signal, open for example BUY + SELL STOP order If one of both runs into TP, close all other open orders." As soon as there are no remaining orders on the chart, restart again with above mentioned flow..., means wait