MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 523

[Deleted]
  What is an INDICATOR?  (90   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
What is an INDICATOR? Take the time to laugh at the simplicity of the question or to answer it hastily. Almost all traders use indicators - some perceive them visually, some use them in trading software to make trading decisions. There are dozens of basic indicators and hundreds of exotic ones
Pls I need assistance on this code,if spread high is...return...No trade..But the problem is return (0) is added on the EA code it will not open any order again,but is I remove it Will start working again without regulating the high spread,this is the code..Any corrects pls.thanks double Spread =
Hello guys.. It's only a toy.. works only on MT4 backtesting, don't work on live account ( I mean, it isn't profitable like backtesting). It's based on renko ( I don't know it it's renko or mt4 that don't work../is crappy)... TP = 30 pips SL = variable (based on ATR.. but around 12 pips);  I AM HERE...
I have an issue on my custom indicator. It was working fine in the previous version but on this latest release, it does not print on the chart anymore. I have to use it on the older version of MT4.  Anyone knows how to fix this?   //standard initialisations above here int start() {    for(int...
i am using an ea saadscalper, but i want to have it only open one trade at a time. i tried disabling martingale both of them but it did not work. is their a script or something i can do so it only opens one at a time(not more then one)?
Hi, I am new to coding. I wish to know how to write a code to get  the RSI indicator's high, low and close values for YESTERDAY in a M15 time frame. Can anybody help me?
I found an interesting MT4 indicator which shows remaining time of the next bar in the chart. But that works for the particular pairs which I would choose. But I want that program to work/applied on all opened pairs by just applying to any of the opened one pair. Please check the code below
Hi, I'm totally new to MQL4. After hours of Googling and fixing but to no avail, was wondering if anyone can help me with this: 1) I tried to signal my buy trades with RSI < 30 but looks like it executes buy trades even when RSI is higher than 30... what could be possibly wrong? 2) It doesn't
Can date/time compiled be referenced by an indicator/EA? Would be nice to be able to display this so when debugging you know exactly which compiled version you are looking at. Or if a trader is using an old version vs. current version. Would be nice if this was displayed on the About Tab!
  Write orders in csv file  (13   1 2)
beh12zad: Hallo Sir, I want to write my total Order in .csv File, but this code writes thevalue of OrderType() and not the Order operation type like OP_SELLSTOPor OP_BUYSTOP. How can I change it? thanks in advance. #    open price    open time    symbol    lots 24497874    1.1288    2016.03.29 18...
Does Anyone Know of an EA, Indicator or Utility I can download to view the amount of current open trades on my account? I have been looking around and all I found was people who has posted coding scripts. Regards Franzel
I would like to do a panel in MQL4 that wouldn't be bound to a chart, like the example 'SimplePanel' is. How could I do this?   Thanks 
Hello everyone, may somebody please help me achieve my target. I am trading a system that contains several indicators and I enter manually, but I have to exit according to one of the indicators called (smFisher Transform3-impr) what i need is an expert that will exit when this indicator crosses the...
Hello, I'm having a serious problem since 2 days in reading a custom indicator buffer with iCustom. Here's a screen: I'm printing in the comment che values i get from iCustom, reading with 1 bar shift (the bar just closed) and it's giving me strange results. It reads a value from a buffer which has...
when try to load a dll from anothor terminal folder ,i get the following warnings and the terminal shows "unresolved import function call erro" ,if the dll was load undown its own folder ,it runs normal . serval years ago ,i use the dlll like this manner ,no any erro or warnings . the dll was...
Hi is there a way for change Timeframe only on select chart? I found this script but it changes Timeframe on all charts. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                    ChgTF-All.mq4...
I have a simple timer indicator, basically it just counts down from the start of a bar to it's end then issues a sound alert, what I'm trying to do is have an ea use that sound alert to begin it's operation of checking it's conditions and after the conditions are met, entering a trade and then halt
Hi I've got this EA for awhile, been in my email for 7 years. I've worked with it the last three years and left it behind. Now i'm getting back into it and its a martingle style and an .ex4 . I cant seem to insert it into my platform on instaforex. Im pretty confused as it used to be so easy to put...
Hi, Do you know if Metatrader 4 have a drawing tools like "Patterns & waves" of Tradingview? Thanks Chris
[Deleted]
Please help write EAs for free! There are about 5 different ideas/strategies. Can't write EAs as I know very little about MQL . I will share with anyone who is willing to help/collaborate. This is going to be an interesting job
Hey, I'm trying to build my first EA and I've run into a problem that I can't solve. I used mt4gui to build an interface for my ea and it's working fine. It changes the timeframe and tradestatus when I click on the corresponding radiobutton. Unfortunately the variables (timeframe, timeframe2 and...
Hi guys, Hi, I follow this site for some but I have never written on the forum. I'm getting closer to programming in MQL4, I started to build a EA, but i have different problems. My question is:The shadow as revenue? for example interests me take the shadow of high penultimate candle (time frame...
Hi, all is in the title, I would want to know I can recover the value I write in an OBJ_EDIT put on graph if I click on a button for exeample? I think it's easy but i don't arrive, i tried with OBJPROP_TEXT, but I don't understand how it works exactly. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi, it is my first post, so good evening for everyone! I have problem with installation metatrader4 on Linux Mint 15. I have WINE installed. When I try run mt4setup.exe in first step I see licence, but in second step of installation, when aplication should download necesary files, installation is...
Hi,  My void on  tick HA function looks like this     //heiken ashi function double haOPEN = iCustom(NULL,0,"Heiken Ashi",Red,White,Red,White,2,0); double haCLOSE = iCustom(NULL,0,"Heiken Ashi",Red,White,Red,White,3,0); I want the ea to sell when the HA candle is red and buy when the HA candle is...
For MetaTrader 4 PC I am wondering if there is any tool to be integrated in this software and when I run it, it goes through *ALL*, i repeat ALL so each and every one (regardless of trading instrument type!), trading symbols located on the left hand-side menu. Then in tool's separated window it ask...
  GLOBAL VARIABLES  (2)
Is there a way to list/see all global variables used if you do not know there names? Thanks.    
1. I use the history center to download the 15 mins time frame, but it can download until 2014, what should I do if I need more data? 2. This page (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/124322) mentions that  "The metaquotes "download" data is really to be avoided at all costs in my opinion, loaded with...
Hi all,  i have a little problem with my EA which is not opening buystop/sellstop positions. The condition is quite simple, i also tried it with several indicator just to see if it opens any sellstop/buystop order but it doesnt. THe EA is in the attachement, and the code for opening the positions is...
Hi All, I've been trying to ensure that my takeprofit and stoploss are equal (in other words, profits and losses should be of the same magnitude). I've done a bit of investigating and tried a few solutions but I still get uneven profits and losses - even though looking at the prices in the results...