MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 490

I have an EA that only works on MT4 build 910 I have installed the MT4 but it doesn't work and keep warning that it's an old version and needs to become update Is there any other option to use my EA without installing old MT4? or, how can i get it to work?
  MT4 and VPS  (4)
Hi all, I was wondering - Do i have to keep my terminal running on my cpu at all time when i copy trades from a signal provider ? //Alexandra
[Deleted]
Hello, I've been using Mt4 notification for a while now, with android phone, and it worked well so far. But recently it stop, when i try to send a test notification, i've got this message on the journal : "notifications: failed send request(notify.mql5.com:443 via proxy failed)" does someone have...
Hi all, i am learning mql4 and for this i think that i must code and understand the logic. Well, i am trying to code the searching of previous high from actual+1 bar. int start()  {   int  i;   int  counthigh;              for(i = 1000; i >=0; i--)      {             if ( iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_H4,1) >...
I have created an indicator that runs only once a day. After that, the lines can be moved at the discretion of the trader. The problem I am having is that if the computer goes to sleep, or the trading platform is closed, the indicator runs before all the data is available for analysis. Is there
  learning  (2)
how i can learn language mql4  in the best and fast way for programming an expert advisor and writing it's conditionals in easy way and like i want.please help
I placed a BUYSTOP and a SELLSTOP; but after selecting the order, OrderType() return 0 or 1 instead of 4 or 6 (no other order type  placed) result=OrderSend(symbol,OP_BUYSTOP,lot,NormalizeDouble(Ask+2*boxSize,Digits),slippage,0,0,"",MAGICMA,0,CLR_NONE);   for(int TradeNumber=(OrdersTotal()-1);...
Hi, I'm using objects to give guidance about the status of expert. I'm successfully using in visual mode for during tests and works perfectly however when I moved expert to demo account (even real) I observe that the labels are not visible on the chart. I'm not sure which release it changed since...
Hi, I've got just a simple question on how to tell when the current price is above the cloud. senkaspan A =iIchimoku(NULL,0,9,26,52,MODE_SENKOUSPANA,1); senkanspan B= =iIchimoku(NULL,0,9,26,52,MODE_SENKOUSPANB,1); Now as I understand, for current price to be above cloud, not future cloud ,close...
For some reason it keeps placing the order at the end of the SAR run right before it switches over. double UpperBand = iBands(NULL,0,20,2,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_UPPER,1);   double MiddleBand =iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);   double LowerBand = iBands(NULL,0,20,2,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_LOWER,1);...
[Deleted]
I want to read this file, but I cannot read it because my ea is re-compiled. I copied it, and I want to know what is the best numbers for this ea.
Hello. I try to install this round number indicator "https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/20933" on two mt4 platform but cant install on 2nd mt4 , just repeating installation on 1st mt4. Its a free indy so i cant buy it and i cant even download it to my pc. Can someone pls help on how to get it...
I have error type 130 during OrderSend function, can you help me to fix it?  extern string ParametriCandele =   "Inserimento parametri candele di set-up";extern string CandelePrecedentiBuy =   "Inserimento numero candele precedenti Buy";extern int    candelePrecedentiBuy =    5;       // candele...
Hi , I want to know if limiting an Indicator by checking license type illegal ? because on indicators people can download it on demo accounts and see the signals and then manually trade on their real accounts. for example I want to have a fully functional demo of my indicator only on EurUsd . and...
Hello, I want to draw a triangle between 3 ZigZag points. I already have the ZigZag Points. How can I draw the triangle between them? This is what I got so far: int start()   { int n, i;     double p0, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5;      i=0;      while(n<5)      {      if(p0>0) {p5=p4; p4=p3; p3=p2; p2=p1;...
  Tester  (1)
Anyone else seen issues where the tester closes trades right after opening the trade? I look but I can't figure out why it does it but other trades go fine. I looked at journal and can't see any reason for it to close.
Hi friends, I've coded an EA that opens and deletes orders based on some situation. I'm saving the ticket number of the placed orders and by new ticks come in, I repeatedly check them for further calculations by using OrderSelect function with their ticket numbers that have been saved previously....
Hello, I notice that it's possible to export closed positions (both open and close on 1 row) to CSV or excel in MT4. However is it also possible to just export all closed orders (so 1 buy/sell order per row) to CSV or excel in MT4? Thanks in advance! Kevin
Hi All, Below is my alert condition in the code. Now I want to restrict the alert only to a particular list of symbols. For Eg. if (_symbol={EURUSD, USDCAD, GBPUSD, GBP,JPY, NZDUSD, NZDJPY}) then it should trigger the below code. If the symbol is not in the list then it should not trigger the alert....
HI, I needed help of a programmer, who can create Bill William's Divergent bar alert indicator. The idea is very simple, 1. Bullish Divergent bar: Conditions to be satisfied: a. Awesome oscillator spikes color Red (above/below zero is immaterial) b. Bar makes a lower low than previous...
How to do this without going one by one? Is there a way to compare for example x to every value of array[] , when array has 100 elements? or do we have to go one by one? ArrayCompare() just compares a single element to a single element in the second array to be compared. I thought WHOLE_ARRAY was...
i have a source code which is currency correlate indicator but this is not my source code. i want to add currency symbol onto Draw_Line like following picture.    int i;   string name;   for ( i = 0; i < CURRENCYCOUNT; i++ )   {      SetIndexStyle( i, DRAW_LINE, STYLE_SOLID, 2, currencyColors[i]...
Hello, I'm struggling with MQ4L's arrays trying to achieve what I'd call a pretty simple operation in other languages. Any advice on this greatly appreciated! I've got a dynamic array that will be altered in the onCalculate() function of my indicator. Everytime price reaches a value that is...
I have read much documentation but I'm still confused about the MagicNumber.. Please help. Is the MagicNumber stored exclusively by the EA that is performing trades on new orders and also is it stored by the server or just the EA? In kind regards, Neal
Hello, is there any way how I can pause all my pending orders (manually) before some news? I don't want always to delete pending orders before some news and then set new ones... thanks
Hi does anybody know how often mt4 makes a ping to its server? And is there a way to force the terminal to make another ping?
I am using a movement range filter of pips over given period, using ihigh and ilow. When I use 'Comment' to get Range1 it is showing me correct value in terminal. But at the same time it is drawing an arrow on every single bar even though range1 is below points2. What am I doing wrong here....?...
Example #import "ExpertSample.dll" int    GetIntValue(int); #import but it can be like this? #import http://www.mywebsite.com/ExpertSample.dll Thank you Regards.
Hi all, I am currently coding an indicator which requires the baseline of the histogram to draw from 50 instead of 0. In this case a value of 30 would be a bar drawn down from 50 to 30, instead of from 0 up to 30. Is this possible to do in MQL4? I have been looking for a few days before asking, but...
Can MT4 view multiple charts in diff time frame for the same currency?