StepMAExpert_EAs - page 3

question

Hi all,

I am new here and I want to ask.

I compile StepMAExpert v 1.4 and got error #130 when I run it. What is that mean, and 2nd question, in what directory should I put the setting file (*.set)

Thanks

elihayun:
Hi all,

I am new here and I want to ask.

I compile StepMAExpert v 1.4 and got error #130 when I run it. What is that mean, and 2nd question, in what directory should I put the setting file (*.set)

Thanks

First fo all you should have Tracert.mqh (Sadaloma replied already).

Second, *.set files should be in pre-set folder. It is the setting of EA.

And 3rd - new version of Step EA from Igorad will participate in the contest. Contest will be started soon (tomorrow or the day after timorrow) and new version is absolutely new (never posted and i did not test it).

Tanks Sadaloma,

now I have copied Tracert into my expert folder. I didn't compile it, and I cann't see it in Navigator, in Expert Advisors. Then I compiled it and I also can not find it in Exp. Advisors.

Can anybody help me?

Regards

erkro

It was 3 weeks testing of this 1.4 version.

3 weeks only.

So it is the general conclusion only about this EA (3 weeks testing is not enough to place any EA with real money).

Besides the absolutely new version of this EA will participate in contest. I hope that this very new version will be more profitable.

erkro:
Tanks Sadaloma,

now I have copied Tracert into my expert folder. I didn't compile it, and I cann't see it in Navigator, in Expert Advisors. Then I compiled it and I also can not find it in Exp. Advisors.

Can anybody help me?

Regards

erkro

Place Tracert in include folder, for example: C:\Program Files\FIBO Group\experts\include

Don't compile this file.

Place EA in expert folder, for example: C:\Program Files\FIBO Group\experts and compile EA using MetaEditor.

Place pre-set files in presets folder, for example: C:\Program Files\FIBO Group\experts\presets

Of course it should be unzipped before.

Hello,

Indeed, I have to reduce the number of my test, because I have one computer and it is useful to me for my work also, I have to choose to privilege it some ea which appeared interesting to to me and that this in fact part.

I have begun the tests for Friday you them beginning are already very advantageous. I will continue this test seriously because I think that this ea has potential.

Hi Sadaloma,

I think that some questions in your post concern me not Newdigital.

In this EA I try to use some new trade technique.

Entry rules:

1. StepMA must change direction

Optimized inputs : Length and Kv or StepSize.

2. EMA is used as the filter ( EMA Period must be optimized ).

3. Momentum of StepMA ( abs difference between StepMA[1] and StepMA[2]) must be more Delta (optimized parameter).

Exit rules:

1. System Exit - StepMA must change direction, but here can be used any other exit rule.

2. Exit by Trailing Stop - TS is calculated on the basis of StepMA displaced on value depending from the StepSize and Ks factor (optimized parameter ).

You can see as it works if attach StepMA_v7 with ColorMode=1.

3. Exit by BreakEven - BreakEven and BreakEvenGap are optimized parameters. Some explanations concerning BreakEvenGap: if profit reaches Breakeven than StopLoss moves to Order Open Price +/- BreakEvenGap ( '+' for Buy, '-' for Sell).

4. Exit by Trailing Profit - I have developed this trade technique recently.

I try to not limit profit by fixed TakeProfit. TP is calculated on the basis of StepMA displaced on value depending from the StepSize and Kp factor (optimized parameter ).

Used presets I have received for MetaQuotes data. So for best results you should receive optimized inputs for other brokers.

Regards,

Igor

sadaloma:
Hi newdigital,

I am not sure where to put these questions so I will post it here first...please remove it if you think it should be posted elsewhere.

First of all, your latest statements of stepmaexpert 1.4 is not showing any trades for this month...I have been testing this EA in 3 different brokers and I have numerous trades for April.

Furthermore, I don't understand the logic of how the EA moves the TP and SL.

Sometimes, it doesn't change the TP value...sometimes it does. I thought it's logic was suppose to move the TP each time the price goes up.

For example, the EA doesn't modify the TP of the USD/JPY. Most of the USD/JPY trade hits the TP value...Why? was it not suppose to move the TP value higher?

By the way, I have put the same presets that you posted earlier on this thread (the SET files for the 4 majors)

Thank you in advance.

Sada

newdigital:
Place Tracert in include folder, for example: C:\Program Files\FIBO Group\experts\include

Don't compile this file.

Place EA in expert folder, for example: C:\Program Files\FIBO Group\experts and compile EA using MetaEditor.

Place pre-set files in presets folder, for example: C:\Program Files\FIBO Group\experts\presets

Of course it should be unzipped before.

Hi Newdigital,

now it works, thanks for your help.

Regards

erkro

hello Igorad,

Thank you for these explanation which, enable us to better include/understand the operation of this ea.

However, I would have a question, the ea continues it the orders if the computer extinct then is lit again. Are Example the order of Friday always managed by the ea Monday?

Hi BrunoFX,

You have problem with live testing after weekend?

This EA isn't ideal yet and some bugs can be found.

Turning on/off MetaTrader leads to reinitialization of the expert in any case.

Igor

Reason: