MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 487

I am using this code :       dc_haut[i] = High[iHighest(Symbol(),Period(),MODE_CLOSE,15,i) ];      dc_bas[i]  = Low[iLowest(Symbol(),Period(), MODE_CLOSE,15,i)]; It should drow on higher close and lower close of 15 Bars, and here is what I get : https://www.mql5...
Hi, I wrote a function with input parameters but I could not insert an operator as a string: void MyFunction(int Freccia, string Dir){    //.......My code    ObjectCreate("Freccia"+T,OBJ_ARROW,0,Time[1],Low[1] Dir 30*Point);     ObjectSet   ("Freccia"+T,OBJPROP_COLOR,White);     ObjectSet...
Since upgrading to MetaTrader 4.00 Build 1031 (17 Dec 2016) I face connectivity issues on my virtual server. I have 4 clients running on a virtual server (Windows Server 2012 R2). It now happened two times, that after about a week one of the terminals showed "No connection" in the status bar. I...
The last published code in Code Base is dated 2012-09-29. Prior to this, multiple publications every month.....?  
Hello, this is my rule for closing a sell trade: if((Bid>iATR(NULL,0,14,1))) please could somebody tell me what I need to change in that code if I wanted to use three times the ATR (14) value (creating more distance from the bid, not a longer lookback period for the ATR)? Thank you!
Hi, I was trying to print my code on metatrader4 language editor, I clicked on print and print preview but nothing happened. I tried with another mt4 platform editor (the first one was alpari mt4, the second one was tickmill mt4) but the same problem happens. I cannot also access the print setup...
Is there a way to add additional timeframes to backtest on MQL4?
  OnTimer problem  (6)
Here is the mql4 code (and below it the mql5 code) of an OnTimer function that works well in MT4. It flashes an object and plays a sound for one second when a new bar is created. It also warns me when a Symbol has not had a new tick for two minutes. Have tried to convert the code to mql5 and have...
I am creating a custom indicator and I am facing a dilemma on the approach I am currently using. The indicator creates approximately 300-400 labels (prices & calculation results), most of which are live updated, like a hud. My initial approach was to create each label like that: obname=Name+"...
Dear Gents, I just started coding a little bit with mql4 and after studying some literature I wrote my first own EA. Compiling was without errors, but I cant get my EA to go into positions. My Idea was to open a Buy and a Sell Position at once, when the current Bar is crossing a shortterm Moving
I want to close SELL order after a BUY order is opened. I wrote this code but I have errors 138 and 4108, how can I fix it? ps: the orders are generated by SELL LIMIT and BUY LIMIT functions    if (OrderSelect(ticketBuy,SELECT_BY_TICKET)){            if  ( OrderType() == OP_BUY ){...
I have this in my EA and it compile and run with no errors. All trades are made in backtester as well. But it seems to ignore the breakeven totally... Is there something wrong here? extern double    Breakeven = 30;//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| My...
hi,  can someone tell me what does this function? https://docs.mql4.com/customind/setlevelvalue i have SetLevelValue(0, 50);SetLevelValue(1, 68);SetLevelValue(2, 32); and get such image: i cant understand how they act...
I am strange with mql4. Now I subtract two value Bid - MydoubleVar . But Result is not look like from calculator result. eg.. Bid value is 1.01424 MydoubleVar is 1.01427 If I used like that MessageBox(Bid - MydoubleVar); Message Box replied that -2.99999999999 Normal Calculator result is -0.00003...
Hello, today while sending a buy stop order on GBPJPY I received this error #130 (invalid stops): 2017.06.07 15:19:35.353 '7626221': order buy stop 0.5 GBPJPY opening at 141.394 sl: 0.000 tp: 0.000 failed [Invalid S/L or T/P] How's that possible since the stop order was sent without SL and TP?...
hey all..... please don't spend undue time on this, but perhaps someone might know offhand..... a trade management ea manages all trades on all pairs.... sometimes the orders per pair might reach a hundred.... think of like grid trading..... the number of trades roughly correlates to the recent...
Hi,  I am new to MT4 & % and I have both installed on my computer. I was reading an article on the 10 best strategies and liked the look of Binary Wave. Trying to install it, I have the Binarywave.mq5 in the Expert directory under a new folder Binarywave/ I have also included the smoothalgorithms...
Hi, I have a small problem with the ArrayMinum () function, because it can not read the lowest value of the matrices. Instead, if I use ArrayMaximun it works all over again. //Global Scopeint m=0;double CLOSE2[8];//----------------//for(int L=2; L<10; L++){                    if(Open[L] >...
Hi friends, I'm working on an EA and I'm going to lighten my EA code lines, so I decided to use the #include preprocessor and put some of my functions into the .mqh files and use them by putting the #include directive in my EA's code. I actually have a problem with declaring global variables. I'm...
Hello! I want to achieve the effect of built-in Fractal indicator - shifting arrow plots above an below price action by a certain number of pixels. In MQL5 PLOT_ARROW_SHIFT does the job perfectly, but I couldn't find anything like that in MQL4. I'm aware a similar effect can be done with another
I was reading mql4 WebRequest() docs and it is turned off during backtesting.  So is there an alternative method(s) to download data from the internet, process it, and then incorporate that data into the backtest when IsTesting() is true? edit:  one of the uses will be to download historical news...
Hi, I try to use 'else {}' code when market closed just it could play. But two sounds mixed, where is a problem, please? // SELL if ( sparam == "SELL GROUP" ) { ObjectSetInteger ( 0 , "SELL GROUP" , OBJPROP_STATE , false ); _ticket = Order ( "SELL GROUP" );
In the following why is it when I input another symbol different to the chart the Indicator is placed on to it doesn't return that symbol? #property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 1extern color LabelColor  = LightSkyBlue;extern int Corner        = 1;extern color UpColor     =...
Hello, I have an EA that open #3 orders after candle close (if some conditions are true). The issue is that the orders are opened after 10 minutes from candle closing (see attached screenshot of Journal and chart). The orders should be opened at 4:30:00 instead of 4:40:00  Can you help me to...
#Article and Forum for Beginner & About Trading Strategy - Open H‌ello, ‌‌I already found few articles that I will read all of them before I start to write code for my first Trading Strategy EA's.‌‌ But I think if someone ( professional coder or programmer ) will share some links about Trading
Hi everybody, how do I avoid error 131? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ // -- Money Management Parameters //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ extern string __s6 = "-----  Money Management Parameters  -----------"; extern bool...
Need to write a string variable that includes the current chart _Symbol. How to do this without the letters turning green/not being able to because of it or any other workaround? Dont want to use 40 eas when one will do
hello please i need to Heiken Ashi candles chart like same renko , offline chart , i need to HST file thank you
Hi, I started to study mql4 and I'm trying to draw some lines into the chart. Using some examples, I developed the following (it simply draws horizontal lines on open,close and mid of the previous weekly candle), but I notice that sometimes it doesn't work for some instrument and sometime it take...
Trying to decipher the last line of code in this segment: int counted_bars= IndicatorCounted (); if (counted_bars< 0 ) return (- 1 ); //check for possible errors, -1 returned in log if true. start() ends and waits until next tick if (counted_bars> 0 ) counted_bars--; int limit=