MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 492

Please tell me how to get the time of the highest 5 minute TF candle during the last day only?? thank you for assist .. 
I managed to open charts automatically using OpenChart() function. The question now is how to automatically Apply an EA to charts using MT4 functions. I need to select an EA and a setting file and then apply them to a chart ( or a number of charts). Is that possible? Code? Thank you in advance. 
Hello, I am trying to get the high value at a certain period of the day. For example, when it is 11 pm, I want to retrieve the high value at 6 pm To do so, I use iBarShift() to get the shift and then apply iHigh() to this shift The problem is that very often the iBarShift returns -1 meaning that
[Deleted]
Hello, I know, this topic was often discussed here, but I have still questions. I try to get values of this Indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7760 for my EA. In this topic https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/138577/page3 I found this tab(thx to whroeder1): Indicator EA Indicator filename without...
Ive been trying to add a messagebox to my indicator only to find in the mql4 documentation that it isn't possible to display this as an indicatorAs stated on a note on the messagebox function : The function cant be called from custom indicators, because indicators are executed in the interface...
Hi, Is there a reason why this code doesnt work? if (TimeCurrent()==StrToTime("04:59")) I want my EA to perform an action at 04:59 am... but this code doesn't seem to work. Thanks a lot.
Greetings all, So I have in active use the indicator (called CFP). I am trying to read the mq4 file and understand how it works, but dont get it once it gets to "subroutine". Can anyone who understands mq4 programming decipher this for me? What I have so far is this: For example, GBPCHF will do this
Hi All, I am fairly new to coding MQL4 and this might be something simple. Basically this indicator should display the daily Pivots on the selected chart and timeframe. If I attach my Indicator, it draws the pivots perfectly... but as soon as a new day begins, the old pivots still show and does not...
Hi I need to have a backup for my curent Win 2012 r2 VPS server. So basically i am thinking of buying a second Win 2012 r2 VPS, and install a new MT4, and login on the same trading account as the other VPS uses, and use the exact same setup on my expert advisor as on the other VPS. **Note that my EA...
Is that a way to let the indicator update the chart once, and for the subsequent, it will remember the old results rather than update every tick or candle? I am asking this question since I only let the start() run once with the following code: bool first=true;int start(){ if(first){ //my code...
For MQL4, will it include the .mqh header files multiple times (or does it matter?), if say one header file makes use of the header files we already included? If yes, how to prevent that?
Hello mql4 coders. I myself have some knowledge of this codes but I think have reached my limit of getting this EA to do just what I want. So am pushing it open to everyone who knows more than I do to help. Its kind of simple with plain words. 1. The EA is meant to buy if the last two candles are...
I setup my phone to receive push notification. This was setup successfully I even done the test. I coded support resistance zones with alerts, this alerts appear on my computer as requested. But I still not receiving such notification on my phone. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help? Thanks
Hi Peoples; - Have irksome problem with personalising Profiles, Templates & Indicators etc.. Having changed chart to desired format with style, colours, Indicators etc - then saving the template... selected "black" background colour reverts to white default... I have several Indicator charts to...
Is there something like a stringbuilder (Java) or stringbuffer (C#) in MQL4 that facilitates fast string append?
https://docs.mql4.com/basis/function/parameterpass Heres the code above, 1st Method #property strict //I added this one, not sure its gonna mean something for thise sort of code but Im stil a beginner n wanted to add it in.//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|...
Hi guys, So when I activate "show object description" in the chart settings, my lines will display a little text on top with the given desciption. Can i somehow change the alignement of these descriptions so that the text appears centered between start and endpoint of the line? Thanks! :)
Hello I am trying to understand why in example below my EA stops and I receive array out of range error (pointing that problem is in following line:  Print( "15 mins Rates time: ", mqlrates_array_15[0].time); My entire idea is to be able to refer to MqlRates of different timeframes of the same...
Hi, I was trying to install EAs on my VPS base in NYC. I cannot install anything. Even my VPS provider cannot fixed. I got this error messages all the time : 2017.05.15 17:18:11.853 MQL4 Market: failed parsing info about purchasing a product 'Tipu MACD' 2017.05.15 17:18:11.853 MQL4 Market: failed...
[Deleted]
Is there an reliable method for detecting if an symbol does exist or does not? Curently I use this: boolean function IsSymbol(string SY) {double tmpTickValue = MarketInfo( SY ,MODE_TICKVALUE);if ( tmpTickValue > 0) { // This Symbol does exist return(true);} else { return(false);} Is It OK?...
[Deleted]
I am new of coding , this is good in the backtest to get the lots of buy / sell . but if i use it in demo account ,orders from other currencies will calculate into "dl" and "kl" , so i will have a wrong result , because i want ea to know to put it into individual dl / kl ( as a buy lot/sell lot)...
Hello, is there any documentation about MetaTrader4_Internal_Message?  For example if I send a msg with wParam == 2 it generates a tick that triggers start(). Could someone help me to find what does happen if I use, for example, other values? I appreciate every informations about that Thank you
Would this for loop work?  currentask = (MarketInfo(symbol, MODE_ASK)) for(int f=market_refresh; f<=3600; f++)       {         if (Ask / currentask > 1)         {            Market = "bear";            break;         }         else         {           RefreshRates();           Sleep(1000);         }...
Hello, I have this error when run my EA: This is my code to open #3 orders, where is the mistake? int ticket[];bool checkBuy = true;int i=3;               //numero ordinivoid OnTick()  {    if ( Close[1] > Close[2] && checkBuy) {      esecuzioneStrategiaBuy();        checkBuy = false;      }...
More MQL questions. Thanks in advanced to the answer. What is the absolute best way to lag free execute a sell right now from command line linux terminal directly/without graphical MT4 for better RAM usage? Need the code. Paying API Fees the only way? Meta lang mql.exe the best ? Independant...
Hello my friends, I've an indicator. I want to update my indicator to the new MQL4 Compiler. I already wrote the new code but I've on problem. When I add #property strict  -  the indicator vanish but when I delete it the indicator appears. Here is the code & I hope any pro here could help me. The...
  iBands  (10)
I use iBands in my EA but I cannot seem to identify the middle moving average of the bends. Any idea on how to get the middle line value since iBands only uses MODE_LOWER and MODE_UPPER? I tried using iMA with no luck. Here is my value for the bends: iMA(NULL,0,20,2,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_CLOSE...
Hello, I created my EA that open #3 orders at the same time when some conditions are true. In backtesting EA works fine and in Result I can see my #3 order with same open time: The issue is in DEMO. I see in Journal tab a time delay (seconds, until 1 minute) between Order Buy Market and Order Opened...
Hello everyone, How should I program this?   I can't see a way to get string "sym" to receive more than one enum value. Example: METAL selection is only Gold, or Silver AUD selection  is only AUD vs other pairing EUR selection  is only EUR vs other pairing GBP selection  is only GBP vs other pairing...
Hello, I don't know how to permanently delete indicator from MT4 software? Indicator, in my case Average True Range , is original one and NOT a custom . I would like to delete it from menu so from entire Metatrader software and not only from chart . This indicator is worst one ever seen - impossible