MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 488

I want to use high/ low of previous bar for SL. Right now I have it set at static value in extern int.  I want to add sl = iHigh(NULL,0,1) and I understand that the change needs to come after order send, but whatever I try it will compile with no errors but not run properly on backtester... Please...
Hello to everyone, I have encountered problems with the code written before the build versione 1599 of Mediaeditor. The code for casting between structures is no longer accepted. What I'm saying is verifed. I still have a version of Metaeditor build 1562 and if I compile the following code is
I'm created an EA and backtesting it... Can someone please look at trades 5 & 6 and tell me how that trade resulted in losing $20?  I can't figure it out.  The trade was closed under where it started by 20 handles and it still resulted in a loss.  That doesn't make sense to me.
Hi, SymbolInfoDouble, GetSymbolInfoTick, all those functions are answered with error 4106 in testing mode. Symbol unkown or not selected. SelectSymbol fails because of backtest mode. In my expert i use multiple symbols and need bid and ask of extern symbols also in backtest. How to achieve this ?...
Hello, I would like to know how to continue drawing indicator after the last bar, is it possible to continue drawing an indicator in future date? Thank you
Hi There, I'm wondering something, now I'm developing EA that would normally check Daily Trend and calculate many things with H1,M15. mostly data come from iClose(), iHigh() by multi Timeframe, then it will check with current opened order and process with some Indicator.  I notice sometimes market...
Is it possible to edit some files to get more currency options in the strategy tester?
hi at all, is this a parameter or method, for get minimal size of my lot (example 1 lot; 0.1 lot; 0.01 lot) ? Or, i must calculate it, every time with my input value (example: 0=1 lot; 1=0.1 lot; 2=0.01 lot) ? Thanks a lots! at all
Hi all I faced an issue with mql4 when I tried to write a simple code triggering a signal for entering into a position based on specific set of rules (the simplified code is below). the problem is that despite the set rules EA enters in wrong positions (it opens one candle after the rules become...
hey im trying to upload some new indicators but they wont seem to show up after i restarted mt4.a few others i already had inside my custom tab also are greyed out and wont let me click them.has this happen to anyone? any suggestions? thanks in advance
Hi Mt4 is still extending features but I think in standard mode without installing extra plugins should be possible to see current profit or loss value on those lines which show order entry next to order number. [example:     #24538549 buy  +72 $ or -72 $]  because currently it's visible just in...
ArrayBsearch Searches for a specified value in a multidimensional numeric array sorted in the ascending order. The search is performed in the first dimension taking into account the AS_SERIES flag. I need to be able to individually search every each individual one of the 5 dimensions in my 5...
I'm creating a function to try and return the PriceRank of the current symbol.  By using the IV Rank calculation, I want want to calculate the Price Rank. I've used it, but some how, I'm getting higher current Closing prices than the Highest within the last 52 weeks. Can someone tell me what I'm...
I want to get the highest point on the histogram every time it cycles above and then below the 0 line (or vice versa). Since I cannot use iHighest I do not understand how to approach the logic on this? Also, should I use static and break in order to determine movement across the 0 line?
Hello, I have this error in OrderModify fuction when run my code, can you help me? Thanks // Modifica TP per gli ordini a mercato SELL         if (OrderSelect(ticket2,SELECT_BY_TICKET)){  // verifica presenza ordine in SELL e lo seleziona           if ( EntryPointBuy > OrderTakeProfit())...
Is compile in editor followed by refresh in mt4 enough or should I always reload the whole mt4 while editing mq4 files back and forth? Both equally effective?
is there option to modify sl and tp of different pairs running in mt4?
Hi, I want to copy history folders and files from one computer to the other one. What folders and files should I copy? Regards,
Hello Members, I was backtesting "MACD sample EA" then adding an "order status indicator" which shows numbers of active open orders data on the visual chart. But in spite of having active open orders from the EA, the order status Indicator is failed to show any open orders data on the chart. So does...
Hi all, I am new to MQL4 coding. I need to write an indicator where it shows the value of previous MA 20 and 8. also if 20 is above 8 then it should be sell else if 8 is above 20 then it should be buy. cant understand how to write, My Indicators keeps coming up with problems. I am hoping for a...
Hi, i created an ea that increments the order volume after it has stopped and resets from the initial value after taking the take profit.I have to say it works, but sometimes (especially if I get more charts) goes crazy and returns to the value of initial multiplication without taking the takeprofit...
Hey everyone, I want to know how to load more historical data in the PC windows version thank u
Hi everyone. I realize that this is probably a very stupid question, but I am still learning and very much a beginner.  I have the MQL course by Forex Boat and I'm in the second lesson about integers. I keep on getting an error but cannot for the life of me figure it out. Please see screenshot...
  Decompilation  (7)
Hi, I would like to have access to decompilers. I do not want to stole anyone code, I just want to look how my EA looks like when decompiled. Someone could point me the direction or this is prohibited subject here? (if it is, I will understand)
[Deleted]
Hello We develop signals on a proprietary system built on php/SQL. We use this to send signals to Collective2.com via their API. I'm interested in sending our signals but they do not have an API and only accept signals via MT4. I'm a big fan of MT4, but dont want to have to replicate all the work...
Can I use IG Index MT4 in the UK to send signals?  Is there a list of brokers whom a person can use to send and receive signals? 
  [Add Watch] seem not work?  (11   1 2)
Hi, In my memory,it can work well long time ago when i use this function. but recently,i back to modify a old program, When i put var into [Add Watch], its value  always show "Expression could not  be evaluated". Whats wrong? Thanks in advance.
Hi guys, This is a screenshot of the Monster Harmonic Indicator by Paul Geirnaerdt. I have 2 questions: 1) How can i fit two textboxes beneath a candle low so they don't squeeze together when i squeeze the chart together? This happens because the text is fixed to a price coordinate and when they...
Dictionary<string,List<string>> dic = new Dictionary<string,List<string>>();            List<string> myValues1 = new List<string>();             for (int i =0; i < 50; i++)             {                myValues1.Add("KeyA" + i);             }            List<string> myValues2 = new List<string>();...
[Deleted]
  OrderOpenPrice question .  (11   1 2)
I have no idea why my OrderOpenPrice() would remember the last price even in Backtesting with different pair .  for example , last OrderOpenPrice was eurusd 1.00000 , and I test on usdjpy , the OrderOpenprice will be 1.00000 also . and usdjpy was no order begin.