MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1093

METACOT help  (2)
Hi there I have followed the steps in the article and watch the video to try and get these indicators to work and yet still have no luck, Is it possible that the process of setting up the indicators has been updated? When I start the script build the indicators are not showing but the indicator...
[Deleted]
  Simple CCI with MA Filter EA  (36   1 2 3 4)
Hi friends, I'm new to mql4, and would like to learn it step by step. My main intention is currently not to write a profitable EA, but rather to learn this great language. I have check the default MACD EA and removed the SL and TP from it and it worked. Now I've found this CCI EA in the codebase
[Deleted]
  zig zag help  (4)
Hi, I'm trying to write an ea based on zigzag and pitchfork. to draw pitchfork i need price and time of last 4 zigzag i get the price with ICustom() but I don't know how to get the Time Please help me :) thanks in advance ---------------------------------------------------------------------- this...
kindly help me sir dear sir how to attach Doda-bbonds to meta trader 4(MT4)
Here's a strategy I was hoping to submit to the Championships but never completed in time. It's been running for about a Month. Given that all Traders have different Risk-Appetites, my question is much more personal and no right or wrong answers. The drawdown in the picture is Highest Drawdown %. My...
  Ubzen Creating Immortal EA  (21   1 2 3)
Lately, theres been allot of discussion about how an EA must Die. I've decided to create this thread to settle the Myth once and for all. This little project of mine would be trying to answer one fundamental question "Can a Expert Advisor really survive the test of time?". There has been a few...
Hi all, I was searching a volume indicator where I could see the average volume for a concrete hour. I haven't found anything. I want to know if the volume at 6p.m. is average with the last 30 days at 6p.m., do you understand me? I don't want to compare volume of today at 6p.m. with average daily
  Simple hedge system.  (11   1 2)
Hello Dear forum Users! I have a hedging system thats requires a little scripting. So for example when i place a sell stop, sell limit ( depend on the market direction) I would like to hedge them with a buy instant order exactly when the sell pending orders are activated. so just in canse when sell...
[Deleted]
this won't work: void BuyPendingOrderFlex58(){int expire = TimeCurrent() + 60 * 450;double price = NormalizeDouble(iCustom(NULL, NULL, "Pivots",0,0), NDigits) + PriceOffset58*PipValue*Point;double SL = NormalizeDouble(iCustom(NULL, NULL, "Pivots",0,0, NDigits) + PriceOffset60*PipValue*Point;if...
We saw there are option for IPhone, Blackberry, Android but i didn't see any application for Operating System: Windows Phone 7.5 Mango, Which is latest Operating System used by some htc and Nokia. Is there any possibility to launch application for this os.
I'm strongly considering learning Object Oriented Programming. One reason is to get more out of the next generation of Mql language. My question is, how much like a real programmer does this make me? Could I market myself as a programmer in the real-world if I know OOP? How easily would I be able to...
Has anyone out there experienced a MetaTrader program that does not produce a log daily in the experts directory and in the program's main directory? The brokerage version of the MetaTrader program I am using is IBFX. I am working on a Windows Vista operating system.
I've got problems with running a dll file. First it was 126 then 127, first bevause of missing dll's, other of no .def file. When i solved these now it's error 998 and there's no info about this thread. Any help?
[Deleted]
Hello, first of all I 'm sorry for my english . But, you know ometimes when we see a long bar chart, sometimes, we can use the middle of this bar as a support or resistance . that's why I would like to create an indicator, which traced automatically a line in the midle of the bar where we defined...
To all: Is there a way to share the area between 2 irregular lines of a custom indicator? Can this area be rendered as a background object instead of on top of the chart candles. For example, the Ichimoku indicator draws a histogram the represents the Kumo or cloud. The histogram is rendered...
hello when i use DRAW_HISTOGRAM for indicator and chose solid space as drawing style, then histogram is hiding such things like bid lines or stop level lines. This works exactly like Ichimoku indicator from Custom Indcators: all things beside candles are drawn under histogram objects. I dont see any...
  iMAOnArray  (3)
I having problem with this function and are getting mad... According to the documentation it reads the array from left to right and if I choose 0 it has to start from 0? Example: value=iMAOnArray(Close_Buffer,0,15,0,MODE_EMA,0); I "fed" the Close_Buffer with the latest value (latest is 0 in array)...
[Deleted]
I have a MA that the slope is plotted as a Histogram bar. I am trying to Count the number of Histogram bars and plot them as the red line (see attachment). This seems as if it would be really easy to code, and what I tried. ended up plotting the line backwards. I have looked everywhere for an...
I would like to define datetime type varibale (called MacroEvent) for setting planned macro event in comming week. For example on Friday 11th November 2011, on 11:11:11 will be publicated very important message for financial markets. datetime MacroEvent = D'2011.11.11 11:11:11'; Then I would like...
[Deleted]
  Error 130  (28   1 2 3)
This is my own version of the My_First_EA which is described in forex-tsd lessons (I think 13 and 14). I put it into live test on E/U 5-min chart and got this error. Error opening BUY order : 130 There are 3 things here: 1. why the error? 2. the short MA was crossing below the long MA, so why buy? I...
Hi, everyone I have one strange but very simple method and results are good! You can see it. Now I am looking for someone to make an EA. Thanks.
When I view a piece program code on the MQL4 (this site) the comments are in the language of the original author but when I save it the comments change to question marks or nonsensical letters i.e. "Ïàðàìåòðû SAR". I have tried all of the tricks I can think of . . . I would guess the problem stems
[Deleted]
can anybody give the solution or an idea, how to code an idicator, so that its lines will be in the background. for example, it is possible with graphic Object by using the ObjectSet( name, OBJPROP_BACK,1 ) ; but how it can be done with indicators? it's most importent w wide Histogram lines that...
I am a real new programmer here and i have a custom indicator called Welch Bollinger Band (attached) i am trying to add it to a basic EA but am having no luck. On a website it was said i could use this code for the EA but just cant seem to get it to work. I have attached a very basic EA i am trying...
If I make an indicator. Do I have to apply that indicator to a special chart to use the indicator or could I just use it with function iCustom to get the values. To specify my question: Lets pretend that I´ve made an indicator namned WG (Wholy Grail) and I want to use it on EUR/USD. Do I have to...
Hi, I'm currently doing an EA which use Bollinger Bands, it sends Buy/Sell Order when I want but I also wanted it to close all Buy/Sell Position when it opened a new Sell/Buy Position, and it doesn't work like it should.. Sometimes, my function sends buy order like it has to, while there is previous...
Would it be possible to write a MQL4 program that can compare prices, at say one second intervals, between different brokers for the same instrument and time period? I know about the FileWrite() operator that can record prices in a CSV file - and that is about it! Do I have to write a script that...
[Deleted]
I'm in the process of completing my first complex EA and I'm not 100% sure that I have inserted my Trade Logic Operations in the proper area. All this EA does is look for the cross of the TDI(RSI Signal Line & RSI Price Line). I imported the actual code that retrieves the 2 TDI values(Signal...
Is it possible to display image (gif, jpg or bmp format) after start Expert Advisor on the current chart as the locked picture (under the Comment) ? If YES, can I pls any example with MQL4 syntax ?