MT4 will not start on Win7

Anyone had this problem?

Terminal.exe starts as a process but no window opens, and it can only be shut down with Task Manager.

Last time this happened - complete reinstall followed by hours of setting up indicators and profiles.

This time, tried deleting terminal.ini which produced a window with nothing in it ("not responding").

I can only think the config files have got corrupted. Is there a way to clean the config files/registry entries to get the thing to start?

Any other ideas?

[Build 226 on Win7 64bit]

try to put the The whole "MT4" folder in a Different place not in program files & not windows directory

qjol:

try to put the The whole "MT4" folder in a Different place not in program files & not windows directory

Thanks, trying that with a clean install. But which files can/should I copy from the old install to give me the same desktop, profiles and templates?

pseudogeek:

Anyone had this problem?

Terminal.exe starts as a process but no window opens, and it can only be shut down with Task Manager.

Last time this happened - complete reinstall followed by hours of setting up indicators and profiles.

This time, tried deleting terminal.ini which produced a window with nothing in it ("not responding").

I can only think the config files have got corrupted. Is there a way to clean the config files/registry entries to get the thing to start?

Any other ideas?

I already had the same problem. In my case, I was calling some codes with language mistakes on it, and for this reason I could not open metatrader while the formula still wrong. You need to correct or delete it.

Graham:

Anyone had this problem?

Any other ideas?

Had the same problem. But not on win7 It happen on my win10 Enterprise. Metatrader4 start as process only without no window show up. For Metatrader5 seem okay without problem.

Any of you found the solution yet? I already tried uninstall and clear/delete all metaquotes folder, install MT4 from others broker, but still the same.

Edit : don't know this is solution or not, but i delete 2 file in this folder "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\<don't know what this long name folder>\"

settings.ini

terminal.ini

then everything back to normal. wohooo

Reason: