help with the Slippage parameter

I'm totally confused, can you help me out?

So here it is:

slippage - Maximal allowed price slippage for market orders(Buy or Sellorders ).

The value is int; if I cast it to external variables, extern int Slippage = 1; should I further convert this number in the code?

Slippage = Slippage * MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_POINT) or

Slippage = Slippage * MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_DIGITS)

Don't. But 1 is not enough, three spreads is just right - MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD)*3

Integer:
Don't. But 1 is not enough, three spreads is just right - MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD)*3

This is true if you want to open a deal at any time. But what if it is important to observe the planned opening level?

alsu:

That's if you have to open a trade anyway. What if it is important to meet the planned opening level?
1. the terminal requests a price from the server.
2. Normalized it.
3. It sends an order to open a position.
4. The server processed this order.

If points 1-2-3-4 manage to be executed during ONE tick, the market order will be executed regardless of the Slippage value.

If not, the next tick will bring another price.
Two variants are possible here:
a) the price is worse than the requested one but the value is lower than the Slippage. The server will execute the order at the worse price.
b) In all other cases the server will return RECEIVE.

PS. In some brokerage companies the server is frequently overloaded with extra calculations, for example the spread discount in favor of the client.
This slows down the processing of terminal requests and the server cannot keep up in one tick.

prorab:
I should also add that slippage is ignored in ECN accounts.

DYN:
I should also add that slippage is ignored in ECN accounts.
I have not yet had any problems with slippage of two spreads in ECN accounts.

borilunad:
I have not yet had any problems with slippage equal to two spreads on ECN.

And try putting a single point slippage - there will be no requotes either.

Except that there is one kitchen requote in ECN accounts with all seemingly ECN accounts - quote:

Methodology of Market Orders execution on ECN accounts is designed in such a way that providing such benefits as instant execution of orders and lack of dealing interventions does not cause a risk of large slippage during periods of high market volatility. This protection of customer interests is implemented by comparing the price level of the request received from the customer for a market order with the best price at which this order can be executed. If the difference exceeds the limit value of slippage, the execution of such an order is interrupted with the subsequent rejection of the Client's Market Order. The value of the slippage limit value is adaptive and depends on the degree of price volatility at the moment the client initiates an order to execute a Market Order. The same principle is applied to the activation of Pending STOP orders (Pending STOP BUY/SELL orders). Execution of Stop Loss orders and Stop Out procedures takes place at the best available price on the Market Place and can actually differ considerably from the order level or calculated values when forced liquidation of positions is carried out according to the Stop Out procedure.

Now even a market pending order may not work with a good movement. Now even a pending order may not work on a good market movement because honest broker is afraid of losing clients money because of slippage. Now without dealer's intervention it's called requote because of the client's concern))) Changed the concept a bit).

DYN:

And try putting a single point slippage - there will be no requotes either.

Except that there is one kitchen requote on esn accounts at all seemingly DCs - quote:

Now even a pending market order may not work ha a good move. Now even pending orders may not trigger on good market moves because honest broker is afraid of losing money due to slippage. Now without dealer's intervention it's called requote because of the client's concern))) Changed notions a bit).
Thanks for the excerpt from their rules, but my slip increases accordingly to the increase in spread and opens just at the "movement", and without it why open!

borilunad:
Thanks for the excerpt from their rules, but my slip increases accordingly to the increase in spread and opens just at the "movement", and why open without it!

If slippage exceeds slippage, an eN order will still open. Slippage does not work in CEN accounts.

Have there been no requotes during strong movements?

Wait, I'm confused, that is, slippage is relevant on standard accounts, but on ECN it turns out that in the function of opening an order you have to put zero?

ex_kalibur:
Wait, I'm confused, that is, slippage is relevant for standard accounts, but for ECN it turns out that in the function of opening an order you have to put zero?
If you set zero or one million, it does not affect the result.
Reason: