MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 452

Hi everyone..total noob here! You've been warned. I just want to say ahead of time that I did run a search on the forum and couldn't find what I was looking for, most likely because of the amount of information that is one here (A LOT!). With that said, what I am attempting to do is create, very
  EA text cases  (2)
I have an EA created by a freelancer here.  I don't understand the code, but perhaps someone here can provide some guidance. The (possible) challenge is this:   The EA not only obtains price history data for its calculations, it also obtains data from an external mysql database. That db contains...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am using a third party software to write trading signals to a file and use an EA to keep monitoring and parse that file to execute those trading signals. In this EA, the logic looks like int start() { while ( true ) { RefreshRates(); // read and parse the trading signals // execute the
Hello everyone, I have started writing some switch statements to hopefully fix some possible problems with my code running. I admit most of which I doubt I will ever come across, or in fact need to use. Now if more than one error occurs, where the solution to the first causes errors with others. A
Hello I have questions about using previous MT4 versions for backtesting. I found on internet old MT4 terminals, and I succeeded in creating a suggested patch allowing the old build 950 not to automatically update. It should be compatible with my also-old Tickstory software version, and I also...
Happy New Year everybody !! Hi experts,I have a question about how to code following trading condition. rule 1.Fast moving average cross up slow moving average 2.If RSI >70 within 50 bars after crossing then open long It mean 50 bars after cross up ,just wait for RSI>70 but won't be under first
  Modify Indicator  (1)
I would like to modify this Fractal indicator that I attached so that I could modify the number of bars on side that has by default, this indicator that has the code open and can be modified, the number that I would like is 15/15, thanks
I'm developing an EA and I want be able to sell it via MQL5 services and via custom licensing codes. Is there a way inside EA code to know if it is running via MQL5 or not? I haven't found anything documented about this topic, thanks in advance
Guys I am new to MQL4 and I need help with the following, please: 1. Say an order has been opened in the USDCHF chart, I would like to be able to close it and take profit when a price change occurs, for example, in the GBPUSD chart and place an order there. How do I take profit: Do I use OrderModify...
Hi All, Can anyone tell me how to convert the source code below from Bar to Candlestick? Right now it only shows bars even when I choose the Candlestick option in MT4. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|                                                    Open...
  need coding help  (2)
Hi, I trade in the NSE (National stock exchange of India) and use MT4 for charting. I have developed a strategy to find out good entries and exits in the derivatives market, based on calculations using the day high/lows. However, the lines show up only the next day morning when the market opens up....
Hello! I'm not sure if this goes in this section, but it seems like the best categorization to put it under. I'm looking for a tool similar to FXCM's proprietary "Zone Trader" located here: https://www.fxcmapps.com/apps/zone-trader/ So far, I've searched Google and the Market only to find EAs that...
If some order is opened with some specific magic number, later you can't change / modify magic number of already open order. you can only assign magic number at the time of opening order. for example: I have 10 orders open with my EA and with different SL/PT and magic number after a while 5 orders...
Hello! I want to develop a custom EA that I've not been able to find anywhere else. Does anyone know of a list or database of reputable, good and trustworthy MQL developers? I'm not sure where to look. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Is there any way to perform actions on the change of the chart window's zoom factor?  I can get the current chart scale and repaint the indicator/EA but it will only do that on the next tick after changing the chart scale. I guess my method would be called something like onChartScaleChange() (which...
I emailed boston technologies/meta quotes but got no reply so can someone from mete-quotes/bt answer the following 2 questions. 1.What is the monthly cost to lease a mt4 terminal? 2. Can you lease a terminal to a u.s.a. citizen?
Hi! I Have a double number (1.0) and I try to divide by a double variable that is the rest of another two variables. Any one of this variables is a the number of a senkou Span A and Senkou Span B indicator ( From Ichimoku). When I show the numbers using comment, all goes well. But when I try to
Dear community, can someone send me tzmt4api.zip to info@fx1.net please? i could not find this file on internet. its supposed to be mt4 api. If someone has better solution please let me know regards
Trying to add a closed profit percentage function, but it appears not to work when testing. Line 78 bool hasProfit() is the section in question. Any guidance would be appreciated. Couldn't seem to post code using SRC, so file attached. 
Hi guys, I am new to forex trading. I just want to ask you that How can i sell two lots i.e one Lot of 10 Size and Second Lot of 5 size at the same time same price. I don't want to sell direct 15 size lot. I want to sell 10 and 5 lot size diffrently but at the same quoted price Let's Say USD\Yen...
hi,  firstly wish all of you happy holiday! i found this ea online forum, and it has potential. this ea will place pending orders. but most of times those pending orders can not deleted by its logics.  this ea will pop up message  deleted pending orders  fail.  so it always result those  pending...
Dear coder, please help to modify my code that will restrict the indcator to work only on WEDNESDAY and when I load them on my chart it should be showing arrows only on wednesdays. Thanking you   int  DayOfWeek();         for(int i = limit-1; i >= 0; i--)     {      if(iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_M30,i) >...
Hi all, I need a sanity check on drawing objects on charts. Below is a snapshot of what a rectangle looks like on a chart - the red candles are hidden because they are the same colour as the rectangle fill. Changing chart foreground/background doesn't make any difference.   Question is: How do I...
  Bars count  (3)
Greeting to all,I start learning mql4 and i want to write a code to count the bars between two dates on H1 chart, and if possible how to add and subtract a number of bars to/from a starting point and draw a vertial line. Ie. Starting date 'D 2017.12.10 08.00' adding say 4 bars will draw a VLine on...
  Please help my EA script  (13   1 2)
Hi, this is so simple script, it's just buy order immediatly after run, but after close order it dose not run again i want it run immediatly automaatic  after close order. thank you in advance for you helping this is the script: input double lots = 0.01; input int magic = 434341;  int OnInit()   {...
  volume profile  (1)
I have just seen a video of VOLUME PROFILE (not market profile) shown on the vertical axis. Where can one get an indicator/template showing this for MT4. The video was on a different platform but I do not know which one. smw10
Hi I need a script or indicator to set up the amount of lots. I mean, for example, set up for avoiding lots bigger than "1", or use lots whit risk more than 2%. Thanks
can i choose new order from function OrderSelect()? i think orderselect select by ticket, i want take value of order ticket automatically from my hitory. can i do it??
  Blue Dream.  (66   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
I would like a vertical window with the ability to move graphical objects between windows...:)
Hello everyone, How do I place some indicators on chart sub window, for example ADX and RSI.